More details were requested, so I'll add what I can.
Engine issues first began a whil ago, car began stuttering (losing power) at WOT on full boost. I took it to the mechanic and he said it is likely the fuel pump dying - this was replaced and all seemed well.
Then later at a DECA event I attended the same issue happend again, some of the guys with more knowledge than I looked at it and said it wasn't idling well. I personally couldn't tell a difference. The idle apparently returned to normal once the car cooled down.
Since that DECA event (over a year ago) I haven't driven it too much, just a occasionally on weekends. I took out a few weeks ago and began blowing a heap of white smoke - haven't started it up since.
Oil has also blown out of the dip stick pipe before on boost, but I'm told this is somewhat normal for SR20s.
This is the ad from the previous owner when I bought the car (roughly 3 years ago). The car had done 140,000km (at least that's what the odo claims) and has done less than 4000km since I've owned it - it was never daily driven. The car has always been stored in weather proof garage under a car cover.
I have my 94 Sil80 up for sale due to lack of car space at my new property. I actually had a daily car, so this was only driven once every 1-2 weeks but it is not a track / drift car. The car has never been defected in Victoria & is currently registered, however, I will not be assisting the buyer in getting a Road Worthy Cerificate... I can recommend a place though.
Straight chassis / body. No rust. Fresh midnight purple respray performed by DT Panels approximately 1.5 years ago. Compression test performed, all fluids flushed / replaced & all leaking engine/gear box seals replaced approx 1.5 years ago. Brand new GT2871 (stock mount) & Nistune fitted / tuned by Revzone approximately 1 year ago - 215 kw atw. Fuel pump & injectors upgraded to match.
Bit of a rough rider due to suspension & diff (it is VERY loud at low speed), but no problems with the car... just drive & enjoy.
Had the air con re-gas-ed today (6-3-13) and it's pumping ice cold.
- 6 pot floating disc front brakes (T limit - bought new & fitted by Revzone approx 1.5 years ago) - stock brakes available
- Cusco Type MZ 1.5 way rear diff (bought new approx 2 years ago) - stock diff available
- Nismo engine mounts (approx 1.5 years old)
- All suspension components checked by Pedders, some bushings were replaced approx 1.5 years ago
- Pedders adjustable front & rear sway bars
- 5*114.3 stud conversion
- 17*9" Koya Drift Teks with flush off set (+16)... there's also a fifth wheel as a spare
- Tein monoflex coil overs (came with car when I bought approx 3 yrs ago)
- Front mount intercooler
- Short ram air intake
- Full 3" exhaust with Xforce muffler - not loud
- Button clutch - unsure of the brand... still bites very well.
- Pioneer DVD head unit w/ iPod connectivity. Sony front splits & 6*9s in the rear
- Apexi turbo timer with A/F sensor installed
- Drift boost gauge
- Surely some other minor modifications are not listed here...
Since then I've also made a few minor mods of my own:
- Oil cooler
- HKS SSQV BoV
- Rocker Arm Stoppers
- Velo racing wheel
- Walbro Fuel pump replaced
- Exedy Button clutch replaced
- Switched from Nistune to PowerFC (as my mechanic could not tune the Nistune) - hell I still have the old Nistune, take it.
There may be more, I can't honestly remember.
Let me know if you would like any specific photos.
Edited by KezR, 25 June 2016 - 08:46 PM.