Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles - Hardtuned.net - Page 29

- - - - -

Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles 

859 replies to this topic

#841 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

pyro, on 25 December 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

GHOSTY, on 25 December 2010 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hey I meant to ask, what's the deal now that you've got a record in USA? Are you allowed to go back there after 'x' amount of time or banned for life? Also, when you got deported back to AUS does your record get like 'imported' to here and leave a bad mark against your name in Australia and stuff you up trying to get a job or go to uni (well I see you're at uni so guessing it doesn't have that much effect)?
i don't know that a university would ever turn back anyone based on criminal record, considering the way universities are funded now. they're on a serious cash grab.
Oh ok. I thought to do law/medicine, or to practice, you couldn't have a criminal record or something to that extent etc

#842 Ralph Wiggum

• Car:Peugeot 205 GTI S3

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Internet_User, on 24 December 2010 - 11:53 PM, said:

Firstly Luke... (slurp, slurp, slurp for 30 lines)

To cush³, random.chu, Ralph Wiggum and co. -
I actually cannot believe how sad you guys are LOL!

The fact that you actually feel the need to go through and analyse Luke’s stories, even his beliefs and morals... AND then reply in such an overly critical way and criticise him for it? You even look for possible discrepancies in his stories to try and prove him wrong?

Honestly... don’t you people have anything better to do? What is it to you, even if his stories were in fact made up and completely fictional?

You idiots should try placing yourself (with that very narrow mind of yours) in his position before giving your opinion. In other words, arguments like "We live in Australia mate, not LA" dont count. I'd also imagine you guys aren’t very popular out in the real world haha...

Btw Luke, you got MSN? Send me a message over the forum
If this forum is of no interest to you then why did you register? I honestly don't know where to begin other than by saying that you (not Luke aka ridemyjansen) are what is wrong with NS.com today. I won't demean myself by picking apart your bullet-proof logic but will say that I don't actually have anything against Luke and wish him well.

BTW you might wish to invest in some chapstick: your lips are bound to get dry with all that sucking.

#843 ridemyjansen

• Car:06 350z enthusiast

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

GHOSTY, on 25 December 2010 - 12:26 AM, said:

Hey I meant to ask, what's the deal now that you've got a record in USA? Are you allowed to go back there after 'x' amount of time or banned for life? Also, when you got deported back to AUS does your record get like 'imported' to here and leave a bad mark against your name in Australia and stuff you up trying to get a job or go to uni (well I see you're at uni so guessing it doesn't have that much effect)?

Well, the typical ban period for deportees is 5 years, 10 years and never. Since 9/11 the immigrations and customs enforcements have been extremely notorious for not letting anyone back in. I'm not biding my time for a return though , I'm better off being here. Going back with 2 strikes on my record would be suicide.

As for my U.S. record following me here and ruining my opportunities, Man, I really hope it doesn't. I'm F'ing praying that it doesn't. If i'm going to invest 4 years of my life at uni only to be turned down due to a criminal record following me, it'll be devastating.

I had no problems getting into uni, Thank god. Will be graduating in 1.5 years if I decide to not pursue a double degree. I'm thinking about doubling with law lol. Irony never fails.

#844 ridemyjansen

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Ralph Wiggum, on 28 December 2010 - 06:10 AM, said:

Internet_User, on 24 December 2010 - 11:53 PM, said:

Firstly Luke... (slurp, slurp, slurp for 30 lines)

To cush≥, random.chu, Ralph Wiggum and co. -
I actually cannot believe how sad you guys are LOL!

The fact that you actually feel the need to go through and analyse Lukeís stories, even his beliefs and morals... AND then reply in such an overly critical way and criticise him for it? You even look for possible discrepancies in his stories to try and prove him wrong?

Honestly... donít you people have anything better to do? What is it to you, even if his stories were in fact made up and completely fictional?

You idiots should try placing yourself (with that very narrow mind of yours) in his position before giving your opinion. In other words, arguments like "We live in Australia mate, not LA" dont count. I'd also imagine you guys arenít very popular out in the real world haha...

Btw Luke, you got MSN? Send me a message over the forum
If this forum is of no interest to you then why did you register? I honestly don't know where to begin other than by saying that you (not Luke aka ridemyjansen) are what is wrong with NS.com today. I won't demean myself by picking apart your bullet-proof logic but will say that I don't actually have anything against Luke and wish him well.

BTW you might wish to invest in some chapstick: your lips are bound to get dry with all that sucking.

I can't say I have a problem with anyone who contested my political or philosophical views on life, or what happened to me. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I never came on this board to show-boat or whatever, but People will take things as they will, and disagreements are inevitable.

Internet user: msn-lukemharris@bigpond.com

Feel Free to drop a line.

#845 RB-MY-ASS

• Car:-

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

just read the whole thing. wish i found this earlier, some pretty crazy things you've done in your life.

#846 Butts_JZZ30

• Car:Toyota Soarer

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:15 PM

Mate not sure how you would go getting a practicing certificate in law with a criminal record. I'd be surprised if you could.

#847 Hobbsie

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Can't practice law with a criminal record, but most people who do law do not become practicing lawyers.

#848 Butts_JZZ30

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

I know I study it. Not saying he shouldn't do it, just that he probably wont be able to get a practicing certificate. A lot of things in the legal field do require a practicing certificate.

#849 Sleeping180

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

EDITED. Removed. Sorry for pissing everyone off with my ignorance.

#850 Butts_JZZ30

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Sleeping180, on 15 January 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Having a criminal record doesn't automatically disqualify you from practicing law. A speeding fine means you have a 'criminal record', and plenty of law students have them and still get admitted.

The reason that having a criminal record prevents you from practicing law is because the supreme court in your state won't admit you. Part of the application process is disclosing anything you have been convicted of.
If you are serious about doing law to practice then your best bet will be to talk to the people in the law school at your uni. Someone there should be able to fill you in on the process and how successful you would be.

The other thing about law is that practicing is only one part of it, there are heaps of other things you could do if thats where your interests lie.

PS. Nuts story dude, glad you came through sane enough to live a normal life.

Of course, it is mainly things that question your honesty and integrity. I'd say the OP would struggle to get admitted.

#851 shooter

• Car:R34GTT

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

A speeding fine means you have a 'criminal record'.
Fail.

It's a penalty/expiation for your failure to adhere to the Road Traffic Act etc.
Nice try though.

#852 Shark

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

shooter, on 16 January 2011 - 08:07 PM, said:

A speeding fine means you have a 'criminal record'.
Fail.

It's a penalty/expiation for your failure to adhere to the Road Traffic Act etc.
Nice try though.
Thats beyond a fail of a statement.

Sleeping 180, stop spreading bullshit.

#853 Guest_Dark Bringer_*

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

Speeding fine doesn't give you a criminal record in Australia! Only if you cause injury to another person for crashing etc, can it possibly give you a criminal record but that would be for a different offence, not speeding directly!

I guess if you rack up SOOO many, it could possibly turn into something that would have you criminally convicted? But like just getting one fine isn't gonna kill you.

If you wanna work in the law field, then to save face in future (especially if you work way up to a high level) it's best not to have anything to your name (fines, record etc) as it means the media can't use this against you if you take on a high-profile case. Has been done to lawyers before I'm sure. They take on a case relating to something they may have done in the past and the media find out and cry out that it's double standards etc!!!

But good on you Luke for studying Law etc. Maybe combine it with International Studies and work in an Embassy maybe or try go for Intelligence jobs? Dunno. Plus there are plenty of jobs in the legal field that AREN'T Practising lawyers! Even if you have the certificate, you can do other jobs as people have already stated. It will open up a lot more opportunities than you currently have going for you that's all I will say.

And yeh criminal conviction in the USA is kinda bad, but if you become an Australian Citizen does it get forgotten?? Like you were an Aussie, then you moved to US and BECAME a citizen right? If so means you kinda gave up your citizenship here? And have to re-apply? Eh I dunno. Probably could be Dual-Citizen

#854 ridemyjansen

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

I most likely wouldn't pursue a career in law, I'd def. double that with my business degree for a prettier resume. Business and commerce is where I'll be jobwise. Law is a fascinating field though, hence my interest. I agree with what a few have said regarding getting a practicing cert. It would be next to impossible. With that said, law is just one of many degree's I can tack on, so we'll see what happens to ridemyjansen's future lol.

#855 ridemyjansen

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

"glad you came through sane enough to live a normal life"

This made me think twice when I read it. Wish I could say it but to be honest, it couldn't be further from the truth. It's been hard man, really f'ing hard to adjust and i'm nowhere near back to normal yet... You wouldn't believe how much a person can change in prison. I didn't believe it myself until I got out, I thought I didn't break in there, but when I came out and lived free these past couple of years.. I realized I'm shattered man. It's so hard to do anything normally, and you'll beat the shit out of yourself inside because you know you should be able to, but just can't. I honestly hope none of you guys go through anything like what I did. I'm a strong person, but nothing in this world is unbreakable.

*Luke drops his defenses for the first time in years*. lol

#856 fullboost

• Car:onevia

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

just keep on fishing lol ... If your not doing anything on Friday 28th . come over and we will go down windang

#857 ridemyjansen

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

fullboost, on 23 January 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

just keep on fishing lol ... If your not doing anything on Friday 28th . come over and we will go down windang

Done! lets go smash some kingies!

#858 ae86hachiroku

• Car:AE86 Trueno

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Read the whole thing from start. That was awesome!

#859 Shark

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

i also just read the whole thing over two days, and watched the movie felon :P

Insane read mate.

(with some totally unnecessary bickering.. but hey that's what the internet brings out in people).

#860 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

bump, i think everybody needs a trip back down memory lane !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!