Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
~~TOMK THE AMATUER DJ!~~on his way! Touche'! - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

- - - - -

~~TOMK THE AMATUER DJ!~~on his way! Touche'! 

114 replies to this topic

#61 drzexa

• Car:moby the white whale and a shitvia

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

Tomk I had a "calling" once or twice quite a few years ago now....and trust me on the downside of 10 biccies its a whole different world..... :lol:
Good luck son, seems like you have found a way to link your current drug taking with well lets see....future drug taking... :woot:
Be careful, an occasional dabble can turn frequent quicker than the tracks your mixing... ;)

#62 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

View Postdrzexa, on Dec 26 2007, 03:33 AM, said:

Tomk I had a "calling" once or twice quite a few years ago now....and trust me on the downside of 10 biccies its a whole different world..... :lol:
Good luck son, seems like you have found a way to link your current drug taking with well lets see....future drug taking... :woot:
Be careful, an occasional dabble can turn frequent quicker than the tracks your mixing... ;)

missy you dont even know me... and assume, assume and assume? I can manage my drug intake thankyou, I only dabble, and it will stay that way. Once in a qhile is fine, as long as you manage your high and take care of yourself before, during and after.

And it was only something which opened my eyes to a keen interest.... as I said my familys preety musical....speaking of which would you like to play my magic flute? :ph34r:

#63 PhattJZX

• Car:JZX100 TRD Spec Yo!

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:20 AM

Be a man and get Turntables, CDJ's are for whimps.

#64 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:56 AM

View PostDanGZ, on Dec 27 2007, 09:03 AM, said:

Word :yes:

Tom, stop justifying the drug use and ignoring what we say about the actual setup you want to get.

You make it sound like we are wasting our time. Which makes me wonder why you started this thread in the first place if you didnt want advice.

#65 drzexa

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:13 AM

View PostTomk, on Dec 27 2007, 02:36 AM, said:

missy you dont even know me... and assume, assume and assume? I can manage my drug intake thankyou, I only dabble, and it will stay that way. Once in a qhile is fine, as long as you manage your high and take care of yourself before, during and after.

And it was only something which opened my eyes to a keen interest.... as I said my familys preety musical....speaking of which would you like to play my magic flute? :ph34r:

LOL based on the high percentage of your "finding yourself after a minga or two" and " thinking about being a.....*insert anything here*" threads I'm thinking, you dont even know yourself... :woot:
As for the assumption, I certainly didnt say you would....I said be careful, no need to get all defensive...many have had their "controlled drug intake" spiral out of control....but thats right your different...hahahaha. Maybe you are, maybe your not...how the hell do I know...but do you???? :P
To be honst you seem a little f**king lost if you ask me, not knowing what to be, or how to be it....drug taking wont make you find it any quicker...but alas...you seem to have located yet another whim to keep you entertained for the next 7 days...

I wonder....will they let you run the decks on the back of the fire engine, after smashing your drive as a f1 driver when your vision was impaired by the mingas you decided to munch.... :woot:

LOL Shane...dont come in here often eh?

#66 ViX

• Car:No more 180 :(

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:41 AM

Shit TomK Bro i thought u already had turntables....my bad!

Get tables first bro with a decent mixer & then upgrade once you learnt how to mix. Cause mixing is the first f**king skill that should be learnt & it should be done on 12" vinyl. ahha if not it saves you a few thousand if you realise you just aint down with mixing (like i did) I dont "dj" i just find it hard to find the style of music i like on cd, its all on vinyl i order it from overseas. I still couldnt properly show you how to mix 2 tracks together & i would be upset if i knew i spent 3K plus just to listen to vinlys, cause das all im basically doin in the end...gettin my fix for 20 buks a vinyl LOL

Myself i spin gabber/hardcore, so i got a begginer setup 2 years ago ($500) & i still use it, i kno i dont need to upgrade cause i get what i need out of it...i get to bang out the style of music i like.

Most posts have at least been telling him to think it thru before buying 6K worth of shit witch is so important can you imagine buying it then NOT knowing how to properly utilise the functions geez id be slappin myself.

TomK why are you trying to justify you taking an E & partying to the random posts who question your sanity?

Which person here can say in todays day & age who the f**k is deemed sane? Pfft go suck one, your in denial. tell your daddy he screwed you up when he touched you as a lil boy then go & ask for compensation cause youll get it in this "sane" world huh, bahahaha DUMBFUKS!

Of course drugs aside they jst speed up the process :P

Where you still keen when the drugs wore off & you still thought bout the turntables Tomkl?

Seriously dont focus on the drugs side of things, u dun seem to be a junkie cause then you wouldnt own anything nice or in fact youd be selling it, worry about what you need the gear (cdj's/mixer) for & what your needs are.

When i first went to raves when i was 14 & I heard how hectic gabber/hardcore is to dance to (let alone on drugs) i was fukn there everyweekend i didnt care what any of my mates said about raves cause i knew why i went...the music was one of a kind, the drugs where always jst a crutch i could lean back on when i felt like it, this is the way it is for most people who use drugs/cigs/alcohol etc its jst a comfort factor, what are you comfortable with Tomk? Thats all you need to worry about, listen to what the guys said about researching what your needs are in regards to mixing. Then make a decision.

Good luck bro.

Vix.

#67 sid280

• Car:Patrol Car

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

Tomk

BUY TURNTABLES NOT CDJ's

FFS

#68 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:06 AM

View Postdrzexa, on Dec 27 2007, 09:56 AM, said:

LOL Shane...dont come in here often eh?

Nah, can you tell? Does he have a history of this?

But anything DJing related I have to read. I try to help people out, but it looks like no matter how many people back me up Tom wont f*cking listen. If I was in the market for more gear, and wasnt sure what I wanted, I'd start a thread about it (not on here though, I have music forums for that) and be actually open to suggestions, if I was set on what I wanted, just go out and buy it.

#69 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

VIX!!!! YES I AM STILL KEEN, EVEN A WEEK AFTER! IVE ALWAYS BEEN KEEN! I WAS JUST POSTING THOUGHTS ON HOW TO BECOME A PRO DRIVER AND HOW MOST DID!

I JUST POSTED MY IDEAS TO SEE WHAT OTHERS IN THE CAR COMMUNITY WOULD THINK ABOUT FIRE FIGHTING INCASE ANY HAD SIBBLINGS IN THE FIRE SERVICE OR FAMILY IN THE FIRE SERVICE!

I HAD POSTED THIS BECAUSE I KNEW PEOPLE ON HERE WOULD MOST LIKELY MIX AND I THREW MY TRIP IN WITH THE STORY ! A HEALTHY DOSE OF MDMA TO ME IS NO PROBLEM...AS LONG AS YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE DOING THEM AND KNOW THE GO, AND DONT BUY OFF UNKNOWN DEALERS OR PEOPLE (IDIOTS IN CLUBS*sigh*)

AND DR ZEXA YOU STILL DIDNT ANSWER ME ABOUT TRYING MY MAGICAL FLUTE OUT :lol:

I AM NOW A MEMBER OF STORE DJ AND WILL BE PURCHASING A DJM400 MIXER FOR 799 and 2 1000s for just over 3gs..

call me stupid call me what ever you wish to I have read through your points and I have taken them on board!!!! don't think I havn't...... I just feel I wish to have expandability there! Because I can garuntee I will be practicing hard and learning all the functions of these decks!!! and MIXER! its wrong to assume not! at the same time I can understand your concerns and ideas, and as I said I have read through all your posts and have taken them on board. CDJ decks Pwn vinyl, they absolutely Pwn them :P but yes a good vinyl direct drive is an excellent piece of equiptment still (don't get me wrong) :P

mwa ns.com :wub:

Tom

#70 ViX

• Car:No more 180 :(

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

+1 for direct drive turntables

Good luck with what you ordered & yes practice man

I'll always love Vinyl but each to their own.

Take care bro.

#71 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:41 AM

www.storedj.com.au

Member price of a DJM400 is 849

Where did you get 799 from? The prices on the net are set. You need to be a known character in the actual store like me to get superawesomediscounts.

Turntables are for purists. Theres no ear training if you can just read the BPM of a screen and use pitch bend to finely correct. Its like proper manual v tiptronic. And if youre going to disagree, say something to back your claims up that CDJs are better than 'omigod they pwn bro'.

#72 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

View PostViX, on Dec 26 2007, 01:13 PM, said:

+1 for direct drive turntables

Good luck with what you ordered & yes practice man

I'll always love Vinyl but each to their own.

Take care bro.

mate ive done my research and the 1000s are amazing there just like owning vinyl decks! the feel and sounds are amazing! alot of pro Djs are choosing those over anything, they said the feel of the actual drive mech, the actual physical feel of the platter and the sounds are exactly right! Ummm I dont get why most are still knocking me as if im going to get overthem.... my dad plays guitar and i need some expandability there because once i get off with beat matching dad has drum machines, rolan 808, his guitar and he will do duos with me djing obviously and him on his guitar... should be fun and intersting creating shit with my dad :) your all invited lol :lol:

#73 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:43 AM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 26 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

www.storedj.com.au

Member price of a DJM400 is 849

Where did you get 799 from? The prices on the net are set. You need to be a known character in the actual store like me to get superawesomediscounts.

Turntables are for purists. Theres no ear training if you can just read the BPM of a screen and use pitch bend to finely correct. Its like proper manual v tiptronic. And if youre going to disagree, say something to back your claims up that CDJs are better than 'omigod they pwn bro'.

ive found cheaper mate online so they have to price match :) and they have a Business number and are an actual online business lol :P sucker box head lolz heheehe :P if it works ill link you up buddy

add me:

Tomk_03@hotmail.com

#74 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:51 AM

That 'amazing' platter is available on CDJ400s and CDJ800s

Price match hey, fair enough then. I wouldnt go as far as saying I'm the sucker, youre the one paying 800 for a two channel mixer when a DXM06 is sitting there for the taking at 450.

#75 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 26 2007, 01:34 PM, said:

That 'amazing' platter is available on CDJ400s and CDJ800s

Price match hey, fair enough then. I wouldnt go as far as saying I'm the sucker, youre the one paying 800 for a two channel mixer when a DXM06 is sitting there for the taking at 450.

I have known and learnt from personal experience! you get what you pay for!
and dont think just because i can afford this package im trying to stuff it in your faces or say nurne nur, i am genuinely interested in a continuous learning phase. and mark my words you will see my first youtube video upload within 3 months of receiving the decks :)

#76 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

A youtube video is only 10 minutes. Thats nothing. Pump out a full audio demo that lasts between 50 to 80 minutes with all tracks blended properly. Getting two transitions right is easy, getting a dozen perfect is another matter.

#77 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 26 2007, 01:42 PM, said:

A youtube video is only 10 minutes. Thats nothing. Pump out a full audio demo that lasts between 50 to 80 minutes with all tracks blended properly. Getting two transitions right is easy, getting a dozen perfect is another matter.

PLEASE ADD ME ON MSN?????? I wont waste your time you seem like an interesting character! :yes: :wub:

#78 Boxhead

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

Im at work, no MSN available.

#79 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 26 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

Im at work, no MSN available.

*echoes*

nnnnNNNNNNNooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :( sometime soon man Id love to chat to you about djing. I am set but I want you to understand it didnt go unread what you said! :yes:

#80 drzexa

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:39 AM

LOL @ you Tomk. You say you do your research....need I link you to your thread not long ago...." when can I drive with Ming in my system" f**k me, you use ns.com for drug research.... :woot:

And I think you know where you can stick your magical flute babe ;) hahahaha!

#81 r b

• Car:370Z, Bike: D675

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:58 AM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 26 2007, 11:15 AM, said:

r_b: You can upgrade later. Buy a DXM06 for 400, use it for a year, then, if you expand or want club familiarity because you get to the level where you are pushing for gigs, buy a 600/700/800 and sell the DXM06 for $300. Wow, a loss of $100! Mind you in a year, your Pioneer is likely to break, cos thats what they do. Many top name DJs and ones that have been in it for a long time have started out on a DXM06. Some even still have it even after they upgraded to CDJs as you can route a CDJ and a TT to one channel through the Phono / Line In input sources. I would still have mine if it didnt shit out its right channel.

And its not hard to adapt to different mixers. I once had to play a gig using a Allen & Heath Xone 62. If you can adapt to that you can adapt to anything. Pioneer mixers are shit easy to use, all you need to do is study a picture of it so you know where everything is.
Anywhere else I have seen people ask for advice on this matter I haven't heard one person say they should get a 'beginners setup', as most people who have some idea of what they are doing will end up spending more money on the long run when they could have got it right the first time. Also if they give up better equipment = better resale. I know I regret not buying a 4 channel mixer straight up when I got my decks, but I have one now so i'm happy. Also Pioneer's breaking? I know a lot of people with djm600s that have been around a long time, and constantly thrashed with only a few marks on them and the occasional crossfader flying across the room.

And yes it is easy to adapt, but knowing all the ins and outs and being comfortable with the type of mixer that you are most likely going to use playing out helps out. I know I don't even like going from my 800 to 600s.

View PostTomk, on Dec 27 2007, 12:25 PM, said:

mate ive done my research and the 1000s are amazing there just like owning vinyl decks! the feel and sounds are amazing! alot of pro Djs are choosing those over anything, they said the feel of the actual drive mech, the actual physical feel of the platter and the sounds are exactly right!
I don't know where you heard that but cdj1000s and vinyl decks are not the same. The feel is completely different, unless you play 7" records that don't actually spin... or feel like records.

#82 Osiris

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 27 2007, 11:24 AM, said:

Turntables are for purists. Theres no ear training if you can just read the BPM of a screen and use pitch bend to finely correct. Its like proper manual v tiptronic.
I dont know what CDJ's you've used but on mine the BPM counter is usually wayyyy off, and even if its close its only got a resolution of +/- 1 BPM so you cant use it to mix.

View PostTomk, on Dec 27 2007, 11:25 AM, said:

mate ive done my research and the 1000s are amazing there just like owning vinyl decks! the feel and sounds are amazing! alot of pro Djs are choosing those over anything, they said the feel of the actual drive mech, the actual physical feel of the platter and the sounds are exactly right!
Yes they are similar to vinyl but they are not exactly the same. For one the CDJs dont have a drive mech, its just a loose wheel. If you're not spinning it, it stays still. So you cant just drag your fingers along it to slow it down like you could on vinyl.

#83 rb4door

• Car:one with 218kws atw (the old) BCNR33 V-spec (the new)

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

View PostTomk, on Dec 27 2007, 12:36 AM, said:

:lol:

you are so noob dude.

Control is an illusion when you take drugs. Thats why they are so f*cking dangerous.

But you'll learn.

#84 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

View Postrb4door, on Dec 26 2007, 06:30 PM, said:

View PostTomk, on Dec 27 2007, 12:36 AM, said:

:lol:

you are so noob dude.

Control is an illusion when you take drugs. Thats why they are so f*cking dangerous.

But you'll learn.

bow bow wrong... ;) i rarely smoke mary Jane let alone Ciggies, and I pop maybee a few times a year mate........ so its no big deal, as long as you can manage your highs and make sure to look after yourself and also your friends. Its an experience that I enjoy once in a while, after all everything around us and inside us is a chemical reaction. :P

#85 s13motion

• Car:-

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

listen to boxhead. and stop thinking your 2 days of research means you are in the know.

go for the big black CDs, its real mixing.

i was on stanton decks and a behringer mixer.. the mixer was a cheap 2 chan mixer, but its good to learn on. the learning curve is immensely hard and frustrating. Pity i had to sell my decks as i was on the poverty line for a while... i sold my decks for what i bought them for basically.

the downside to LPs, is they are so expensive. u pay up to 30 bucks for the use of 1 song, and you wont use it that many times... u cant 'steal' LPs while ur practicing... its a VERY expensive hobby to continue.

also, if u do go LPs, i suggest 'learning' on something with a slower bpm, rnb or something is alot easier than mixing gabber :P

#86 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:16 PM

for something that is going to be a hobby as he posted before CDJ would be a way better and cheaper option considering vinyls have 4 or 5 tracks for 30 bucks each when a cdj 400 is mp3 and usb compatible

#87 Tomk

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

View PostMeRlz, on Dec 26 2007, 06:59 PM, said:

for something that is going to be a hobby as he posted before CDJ would be a way better and cheaper option considering vinyls have 4 or 5 tracks for 30 bucks each when a cdj 400 is mp3 and usb compatible

your so in my goodbooks! :P :yes:

#88 Fish

• Car:180 sx Stock

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

on the up side, it is just a hobby, and if you got a bit more serious playing out n stuff, 99.9% of places use cdj's anyway. plus its cheaper.

on the other side, Vinyl is SO FARKING SATISFYING!!!

vinyl will die eventally. milk it for what its worth I say!

if you don't wanna buy vinyl, get Torq. Use vinyl decks with mp3's :D

#89 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

Hi my names' tomk and I'm here to stay
i can post all day...................................................ah sorri guys thats all i got, guess i'm no MC :(

#90 Tomk

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:36 AM

View PostGHOSTrun, on Dec 27 2007, 04:16 AM, said:

Hi my names' tomk and I'm here to stay
i can post all day...................................................ah sorri guys thats all i got, guess i'm no MC :(

Hi! my names Ghosty and im here to say
i love taking half naked pictures of myself infront of my car for ns.com, I love setting up the tripod and then clicking a 10 second timer on my6 megapixel sony camera and posing my guns for myspace.com, I lurveeee updating myspace.com and ohh ohhh bebo is now in my list as well as facebook, i love the interwebs :yes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!