Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
~~TOMK THE AMATUER DJ!~~on his way! Touche'! - Hardtuned.net - Page 4

- - - - -

~~TOMK THE AMATUER DJ!~~on his way! Touche'! 

114 replies to this topic

#91 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

Wow...cry me a river or three? :huh: hahaha

#92 Tomk

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:25 AM

View PostGHOSTrun, on Dec 27 2007, 10:52 AM, said:

At least I can cry, isnt a side effect of roids roid rage? ie you cant pass water out of your eye ducts coz your feeling almost as strong as chuck? And you started it putting me down you E-thug, im dibba dobbing on you! :lol:

#93 GHOSTY

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

View PostTomk, on Dec 28 2007, 09:08 AM, said:

At least I can cry, isnt a side effect of roids roid rage? ie you cant pass water out of your eye ducts coz your feeling almost as strong as chuck? And you started it putting me down you E-thug, im dibba dobbing on you! :lol:
I was NOT putting you down. I was taking the piss out of myself :huh:

#94 Tomk

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

View PostGHOSTrun, on Dec 27 2007, 11:20 AM, said:

i have your number mang so look out!

#95 Biggie

• Car:96' Type X

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:03 AM

lol..............

that is all.

#96 GHOSTY

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

View PostTomk, on Dec 28 2007, 09:37 AM, said:

View PostGHOSTrun, on Dec 27 2007, 11:20 AM, said:

i have your number mang so look out!
Call me, call me now :lol: :lol:

#97 silvia_19

• Car:silvia

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:41 PM

tomk i think your going crazy like seriously you carry on with some of the most pointless shit i'v ever heard .

was the whole story builing up to you spun sum deks really neccisary ???<spelling>

or were you trying to point out that you met a girl ? a real life girl :woot:

i wish i was you

.. on another not ( mike why the hell is your number posted on the forum ?????????)

dik move my friend ... really dumb .

#98 GHOSTY

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

View Postsilvia_19, on Dec 28 2007, 05:24 PM, said:

.. on another not ( mike why the hell is your number posted on the forum ?????????)

dik move my friend ... really dumb .
You're not my friend, so it's of no concern to you ;)

#99 DjeMz

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:24 AM

first setup:

laptop $xxxx
behringer deejay $~300-400

look on ebay

comes with traktor TE

once u get over that, go buy some decks

everything that is worth mentioning has already been said.

cheers

#100 Boxhead

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

...but Behringer is crap. Pioneer knock off junk. And laptop mixing isnt real mixing.

#101 rb4door

• Car:one with 218kws atw (the old) BCNR33 V-spec (the new)

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 29 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

...but Behringer is crap. Pioneer knock off junk. And laptop mixing isnt real mixing.

I disagree - the laptop is just the source of the music.

What difference does it make whether the music comes from a standalone cd unit or a laptop.

You still have full pitch & mixing control with that thing.

Thats the purist coming out in you :P

#102 MeRlz

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

telling ya tomk

CDJ-400 (perfect for hobby, nifty decks)

and any DJM

headphones speakers and you are set

and the 400 are similar to club products like the 1000 when it comes to the mixing

that is my 2c in this topic but

#103 Zenki Monkey

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Download a song called -

It's a fine day (club remix)

God dam it owns..

#104 Tomk

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:03 PM

View PostNWS_only, on Dec 28 2007, 07:41 PM, said:

Download a song called -

It's a fine day (club remix)

God dam it owns..

ive herd it mate its a great song its listed in my chillout tracks bro.

ive had the DJM mixer price matcehd down to 799 dollars with free delivery for letting them know of the cheaper priced unit elsewhere.
my mind is amde up guys, Dont get offended that I didnt take in what you said trust me I have, ive talked to many people on the net and real life and ive concluded I will really get into my music, and why not get it right the first time, I have the money available, and I am realllyyy willing to learn, I have a deep respect for music and the effects it can have on the mind and being a part of mixing and creating beats and sounds will be a journey that I wont forget.
This may sound stupid or gay to you , but you will see, i will read the manual, I will read everything I can get my hands on to learn new techniques and hopefully in roughly 3-4 months ill post a youtube vid for you music fiends to listen and check out :P and comment

this settup is costing me under 4 gs so it isnt bad for a good firster. IM skipping the coffin case as It would just be for show and the speakers, I may beable to borrow my dads advents off him, though im looking into buying some KRK Kikit 8s : eventually :P :yes:

#105 jspecsilvia

• Car:Audi A4 B5

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

View Postrb4door, on Dec 29 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 29 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

I disagree - the laptop is just the source of the music.

What difference does it make whether the music comes from a standalone cd unit or a laptop.

You still have full pitch & mixing control with that thing.

Thats the purist coming out in you :P

i agree.... even though i cheat a little and use cue on the laptop sometimes...

#106 Boxhead

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

Me purist yes :lol:

But whats the skill in mixing if you need a laptop to beat match for you because your ears cant? Then youre no better than Winamp.

Laptop mixes sound stale and overperfect. Only use a laptop if youre producing live to a crowd IMO. :)

#107 jspecsilvia

• Car:Audi A4 B5

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 29 2007, 08:05 AM, said:

Me purist yes :lol:

But whats the skill in mixing if you need a laptop to beat match for you because your ears cant? Then youre no better than Winamp.

Laptop mixes sound stale and overperfect. Only use a laptop if youre producing live to a crowd IMO. :)

i think he meant in terms of serato connected to turntables/cdj's so pretty much all the beat matching and shiz is done on the vinyl and the only thing the laptop does is provide the songs.

dont worry, im anti human jukebox's too, my mum does family parties using winamp on her laptop, she's got all her oldies on there and thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread when she cues the next song... i let her have her fun haha

#108 DjeMz

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

like i said laptop + that midi pad i showed.. once u get over it (u will if u use auto sync n other stuff to cheat) buy some decks

#109 Boxhead

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

View Postjspecsilvia, on Dec 29 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

i think he meant in terms of serato connected to turntables/cdj's so pretty much all the beat matching and shiz is done on the vinyl and the only thing the laptop does is provide the songs.

Oh I'm with ya now, I thought you were talking about mixing with Albeton or Traktor or something like that where its all one-click-beatmatch. Ergh. Makes people think theyre awesome and get a case of InstaDJism.

No wukkas. :)

I'll still buy my vinyl properly though, cos im an connosieur of hard beats. And I like to collect.

#110 DjeMz

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

new technology comes out every 3 months or so, just get used to the whole using ur hands instead of mouse thing and once u feel u are ready to invest in the 5k, go for ur life son

#111 rb4door

• Car:one with 218kws atw (the old) BCNR33 V-spec (the new)

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

View PostBoxhead, on Dec 29 2007, 05:20 PM, said:

View Postjspecsilvia, on Dec 29 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

Oh I'm with ya now, I thought you were talking about mixing with Albeton or Traktor or something like that where its all one-click-beatmatch. Ergh. Makes people think theyre awesome and get a case of InstaDJism.

No wukkas. :)

I'll still buy my vinyl properly though, cos im an connosieur of hard beats. And I like to collect.

yeah - maybe I misunderstood how that thing works?

I thought all it does is send 2 seperate channels of music from two "simulated" playing decks on the computer through to the Behringer thing which allows you full pitch / cueing control of the music, and a mixer / cross fader inbetween. So no beat matching or anything like that is done automatically - you would cue it up and pitch it the same as if mixing from a cdj deck.... This is not how it works?

I dont know what the Traktor thing is.... is that automated beatmatching? if it is, yeah f*ck that.

#112 Boxhead

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Traktor DJ Studio, yeah. You just load an MP3, hit autopitch, and youre ready to mix it in. Its farked.

Albeton takes it one further and actually automatically mixes it in for you automatically if you want with too much perfection. Its so sterile to listen to.

As long as theres actual ear / mind processing and handwork going into getting the right pitch, its all good. Im not up with the new technology like Serato etc. cos I dont need it. Plus how would you go if you only knew Serato, and then had to play out with only regular TTs or CDJs at your disposal?

#113 Tomk

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

Holy shit I was such a dumb cu*t then LOL! Ohhh The Humanity!

#114 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostTomk, on 20 August 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

Holy shit I was such a dumb cu*t then LOL! Ohhh The Humanity!

Drugs will do that. Yet to meet a dude who regularly fried himself and still made sense in conversation.

If you can see the issues, that means you've improved.

#115 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Isnt TomK the guy who got pranked of finding a girl on the bus but it was actually 1 of the mods?

But wow blast from the pasta indeed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!