127 Hours 

6 replies to this topic

#1 Dan.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

Went and saw this last night... For those of you not in the know, it's based on the true story of Aron Ralston...

Aron Lee Ralston (born October 27, 1975) is an American mountain climber and public speaker. He gained fame in May 2003 when, while canyoneering in Utah, he was forced to amputate his right arm with a dull knife in order to free himself after his arm became trapped by a boulder.

It gets into the main event pretty quickly and most of the movie is him trying to figure out how to get out along with memories of his family and friends, etc and starts doing some pretty strange funny things at times.

There have been stories of people feinting, throwing up and walking out of the cinema. When the boulder fell onto him, I was a bee's dick away from feinting which was weird, cause I never do lol, must have been a mind over matter thing knowing other people have. But when things got moving, I was alright, even through the scene of him cutting his arm off, with it showing cutting through nerves, etc. From reading the thread about messed up movies, you guys should have no problem though :lol:

It's been made pretty well. From what the real Aron Ralston has said, it's pretty spot on. They haven't hollywoodnised it at all. Loving the fact that they show EVERYTHING...which could have been a reason why not many people were seeing it last night lol. It's getting 93% on the rottentomatoes.com

#2 Dan.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Interesting watch, although it is a bit of a SPOILIER if you haven't seen the movie and don't know all the details of how he amputated his arm.

#3 i_want_a_180

• Car:R33 4dr

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

ive just got a bluray copy of this, should be a good watch

read about those people fainting, but then again i heard people getting/feeling sea sick from watching master and commander. Ill be interested to see how this one turns out but.

#4 Bludbud

Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay.

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Car:180sx

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:21 PM

i didn't find it faint worthy. Although, if the boulder fell and wedged his cock in, and he had to cut that off, then yea i might feel uneasy.

#5 negativecamber

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:14 AM

i found the movie rather boring.

dont get me wrong, its an amazing story, but you cant make an event so simple, last an entire movie without being drab.

the scene where he's cutting the tendons had me and the other half cringing to the max.

#6 Dan.

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

View PostBludbud, on 16 February 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

i didn't find it faint worthy. Although, if the boulder fell and wedged his cock in, and he had to cut that off, then yea i might feel uneasy.

Yeah its weird that I got light headed... I do wonder if it was mind over matter, knowing that other people had...

#7 Dave Dirt

• Car:S13 & S15

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

View PostBludbud, on 16 February 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

x2 it was more of a "oohh that would have hurt" moment lol

View Postnegativecamber, on 17 February 2011 - 07:14 AM, said:

i found the movie rather boring.

dont get me wrong, its an amazing story, but you cant make an event so simple, last an entire movie without being drab.

the scene where he's cutting the tendons had me and the other half cringing to the max.

exactly what I thought!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!