Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Modern cars - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

- - - - -

Modern cars 

58 replies to this topic

#31 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:01 AM

Im still eagerly waiting for Hyundai to bring the Genesis Coupe to AUS, we get so much of the range but still they are holding out on us!

Posted Image

#32 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

They pissed a golden opportunity up the wall by failing to release the Genesis before the 86.
The Australian car market was clearly screaming for an affordable RWD coupe. Frankly it still needs another one.

#33 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

nissan just needs a S-chassis revival. surely the Z platform can be shrunk down and another 2 models built on the platform (sports coupe and a small/mid sedan.

#34 antonio

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Chappy, on 31 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

They pissed a golden opportunity up the wall by failing to release the Genesis before the 86.
The Australian car market was clearly screaming for an affordable RWD coupe. Frankly it still needs another one.

Have been telling mates that forever also haha, they had the chance so long ago to drop a car into AUS and it would of sold like hot cakes.. although Hyundai is still a very low brand here with the Excel not really making a large claim for it being a higher profile car other than the equivalent to a Gemini.

The Veloster is a really good seller here along with the i20/i30 series so when they do bring out the Coupe it should sell fast.. but when they do release it will be a different story =(

I dont think Nissan will do a Silvia imo, im not to sure what they are thinking for a next Australian release personally it seems like were getting pretty boring cars from them, Like the 370z is still available for sale really has me thinking what is nissan doing? The car has been out for close to 6 years now.. Buying a model of it now just seems stupid imo.. Its a great car but its barely changed..

#35 Johno333

• Car:Autech 180sx.5

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

Have driven the 4 door genesis and we don't even get the v8 so it was a gay v6.....

Firstly it's f**kig HUGE like obviously built for the American market..

Secondly you'd have more fun in a commodore...

The car was comfortable but you couldn't even tell it was RWD or anything.. Do not rate... Maybe the coupe with the v8 would be cool but the model we do get now is shitty

#36 Varvs

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

the 370z had the price cut by 13K this year because the 86 (while slower and less features) was eating its market by the gobful. in the US the 370 is in the same price range as the 86 (but then again so are WRX, EVO X, etc)

the only thing theyve done with the 370 is the facelift which IMO looks a bit worse than the original (the fish-mouth look). Like mazda with the MX5 they havent really had to compete with anything except hot hatches (who cross shops a sports coupe with a FWD i dont know) so they can set a high price and sell all they get into the country without much hassle. the 86 has made them all jump up and realise that they now have to compete on price.

I'd still buy one in a few years.

#37 Chappy

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

The thing that has always prevented me from buying the 370 is the fact it is a 2 seater.
Not because i plan on having passengers, but 2 seaters have a wall behind the 2 seats which means:
1) You cannot lean back for a nap.
2) you are VERY limited with how far back you can adjust your seat.
3) if you have something that you do not want to throw in the boot (bag, small box etc) it has to go in your passengers lap.

2 seaters are just so bloody impractical. Nissan also pissed an opportunity up the wall by choosing the 370z over the V36 Skyline Coupe.

Imagine how popular the Skyline would have been if it was Australian delivered at a time when a RWD Coupe for under $80k was practically unheard of?

#38 Varvs

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

V36 is ugmo.

#39 spongeboy

• Car:180 sx

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

My 86 feels infinitely better than my s13 handling wise (with the fcking yaris wheels) which is a no brainer, just have to settle with the shortage in power until my warranty finishes, but that also gives me time to save haha. Would also like to slap some works xd 9s, but alas weddings and shit...

One gripe is that 1st and 2nd feel clunky due to the syncromesh, but you can get a parent shifter to sort that shit out!!

One car I've been scoping is the fj cruiser. No other reason than it has space in the back to transport fish tanks and has an ugly but interesting look. If only it came in diesel.

#40 spongeboy

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

And yea I'm that sad *milkshake* up this early on new years day..........

#41 -Gaz-

• Car:CBR, S14

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

:lol:

#42 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Varvs, on 31 December 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

nissan just needs a S-chassis revival. surely the Z platform can be shrunk down and another 2 models built on the platform (sports coupe and a small/mid sedan.

I thought the idx thing was the likely substitute. I reckon they're kinda cool. Shame they're sitting on their hands.

#43 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

Slightly on topic - I got my mx5, absolutely love it. Drove it up from Melbourne.

Attached Image: mx5.jpg

Attached Image: mx52.jpg

Looks like a storm trooper :)

#44 Junny

• Car:180sx type-x

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

haha nice. Looks more like a crazy happy Pokemon than storm trooper but.

#45 spongeboy

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

Noooiice

#46 Chappy

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

Yeah, i've always thought that model MX5 looks like a manga character.

Not sure if that is good or bad, it just looks unnaturally happy.

#47 antonio

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:35 AM

I do however think the next few years will be an interesting stand point for the Japanese/Australian market..
Does anybody know the official lineup of cars we will get from Ford/GM USA? Id have thought we would get some of there Coupes along the line aswell..

Id say Toyota/Nissan/Mazda will all feel a very strong grip on them once Australians flock to these new American cars, which hopefully pushes them internationally to stop raping us with there lowest common car.

Like the Camry is my most hated car ever based on the fact what we get is junk, America gets it thats fine.. but Australians get smashed with practically a 2012 equivalent.

Posted Image

#48 Varvs

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

the new Ford Mustang with the 2.4L Turbo I4 could be a hit with the modding scene.

itll probably be priced really stupidly though (50K+)

#49 Chappy

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

I think once the V8's go back to coupe's the Australian car market might finally realise the people like more than just whored up family cars.

I have ranted about this for years, there is something really quite f**ked up with your local car market when the fastest cars under $50k are also some of the biggest.

Edited by Chappy, 02 January 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#50 junkie

• Car:S14a

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

i want to see the camaro and the challenger here as well to compete with the mustang. both are awesome cars, especially the hellcat challenger or z28 camaro

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Varvs

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Dodge has said a few times that the Challenger wont ever come here because the Trademark is owned by Mitsubishi in Australia and Dodge wont change the name of their iconic vehicle to sell it here.

its dumb but thems the breaks.

the Camaro will probably replace the commodore in the future, my guess.

#52 jaker33

• Car:2001 s15

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I know my luck, I will buy the 86 and Nissan will release an s16

#53 bumblebee

• Car:200sx s1

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Looks like the camaro will come in a couple of years. http://www.carsguide...41#.VKYwsss_7qB

#54 Rhino-ACT

• Car:180sx

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

I really wish Nissan would just make an S16. Just keep it simple and basically make it the same as the previous ones. 2L turbo 1200ish kgs, RWD. Normal port injection rather than direct injection even. Nothing too fancy. Some modernising of the S15 basically. Even if it had an Sr20 in it, i'd be happy haha. They could make an SR20VET from stock and that'd be sweet.

My only concern is that it'd be FWD or not have a clutch, or be really rounded and ugly like most new cars rather than sleek. But the 86 has the right looks and layout, it's just the engine that's wrong in that car. Lower the compression and boost it and it'd be fine. Surely that'd be much easier for them to do from factory than it is as an aftermarket thing.

#55 Varvs

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

the ecoboost mustang is going to be as close as you'll ever see to a S16.

#56 Rhino-ACT

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

I don't mind those and they sound like they could be fun with the tuneable engine and the sweet looks and better suspension than the older ones. It looks like they're 1600kgs though. I'm big on light weight cars. I would rather have the same power to weight ratio in a smaller car generally because it feels much more exciting and fun to drive. The 86 nailed that by being the same as an s chassis for weight and all that.

#57 Varvs

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

http://www.speedhunt...wer-more-noise/

283HP @ the wheels and 387ftlbs of torque with a cobb access port tune, intake, catback exhaust and FMIC.

thats before adding a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, E85, fuel pump, turbo back exhaust and all the other shit.

250HP in a 180sx is 5.2KG per HP, and the above is 5.6KG. its not a big gap at all, and when you consider the trade off (25yrs worth of newer design and technology, 25 years less fatigue on the chassis and components) its probably worth it

#58 Rhino-ACT

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

That does sound good. Still though, you can get more than 283hp atw from an sr20 with response and 400kgs less weight.

And it's 80kgs more for the V8, which you could then supercharge and probably make the extra weight more worthwhile by having a straight-line monster.
Still I'd prefer a lighter car, so I don't know which of those 2 I'd choose.

If those Mustangs were 200kgs lighter, I'd be sold for sure. It'd be like an r34 and that is starting to seem light compared to cars these days. But still, I'd prefer something in the S chassis weight/power potential/looks ideally.

#59 junkie

• Car:S14a

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:34 PM

I'd take the mustang, as much as the s-chassis cars are great, once you drive something newer and see the difference 20 years of progress makes... drove a rental camaro from vegas to san fran last year and loved every minute, including a nice run around lake tahoe with some twisty 55mph limit roads. could never do it in a s-chassis car, took my s14 to nelson bay a few months ago and after the first hour wanted to get out. the tyre noise, clutch after a few hours of stupid roadworks and holiday traffic, the unsupportive factory seats, heat soak+aircon resulting in stupid turbo lag, etc...

Edited by junkie, 19 April 2015 - 08:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!