Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Senate inquiry into Australia being too much of a 'Nanny State' - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

Senate inquiry into Australia being too much of a 'Nanny State' 

3 replies to this topic

#1 sweepa

• Car:R31, VB

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

It's not often you come accross a positive story about Australian politics, but apparently Australia's 'Nanny State' mentality has become an important enough issue that a full senate inquiry headed by ns fravorite, the LDP's David Leyonhjelm, is being launched to look at many of the over protectioist laws that we have in place.

http://www.abc.net.a...-begins/6766740

Now I don't know what this inquiry will acheive; probably nothing (especially after looking at all the abc loving left wing hippie do-gooders and SJW's complaining about it in the comments section). But it is nice to se a shift in consciousness, even if it is a small one, and for some of these issues to finally be debated in the public domain.

If nothing else at least this might help him and people like him get a bit more exposure and help them come election time.

#2 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Definitely a step in the right direction. The legislation in this country, particularly NSW, is absolutely insane.

#3 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

FYI you can be a leftie and still agree with the guy.

Im pretty staunch left wing but I agree with all his points. It cost my folks $10k of a 40k landscaping job just for the pool fence regulations. They never have and never will have children under the age of 15 in the yard again, and the whole property is secured.

I mean if someone who can hop a locked 6 ft gate somehow cant use the same skill to get out of a f**king pool, I would be surprised.

#4 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Seems like a forward push to clear up the amount of new laws that seem to get randomly dumped on our little population.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!