Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Opening up s15 gearbox - Hardtuned.net

Opening up s15 gearbox 

6 replies to this topic

#1 r0berto

• Car:s15, r34

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

I can't seem to be able to open up the bellhousing for the s15 gearbox.

I have removed the rear housing (gear shifter end), but I can't seem to remove the front housing.

All bolts appear to be undone, as per the red arrows.

The two large circlips on the bearings (behind the input shaft seal housing) have been removed (blue arrow). The retaining pins, bolts and whatever else I could find have been removed.

I really don't know what i'm missing. Advice is appreciated.

Posted Image

#2 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

You need to use a couple of thin wedges to split the sections that are held together by sealant /dowels probably, I've never split one of those gearboxes but have done many gearboxes, automotive and industrial, and what you describe is common, just don't butcher the mating faces otherwise you will have trouble sealing it back up.

#3 r0berto

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

the bellhousing and centre housing do split, but only separate about 8mm. from there it seems to be held together with something internally

#4 The Big Fist

• Car:s15

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Not in front of computer so going by memory. 1. Use the s15 manual as a guide. 2. The rear has to come off first as 6th gear needs to be pulled off shaft. 3 I think there is a section with 2 large bolts that are on each side of the join. Need to undo one as it joins internal idler shafts. 4. Use the manual

#5 Scotties15

• Car:S15 200sx

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

yeah use the manual.

never personally split the box, but the manual does a good job at explaining everything..

heres the part you need...
Attached File  mt.pdf   1.29MB   135 downloads

#6 The Big Fist

• Car:s15

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

How did you get on Roberto ?

#7 r0berto

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

i've read through the workshop manual and indeed i need to pull gears and some other stuff from the back of the box. I don't have a puller big enough and i've had no time to get one. bought a new box for the meantime and i'll give it another shot soon.

thanks for the advice to all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!