Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Opening up s15 gearbox - Hardtuned.net
←  Nissan Silvia (nissansilvia.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

Opening up s15 gearbox

r0berto's Photo r0berto 08 Apr 2017

I can't seem to be able to open up the bellhousing for the s15 gearbox.

I have removed the rear housing (gear shifter end), but I can't seem to remove the front housing.

All bolts appear to be undone, as per the red arrows.

The two large circlips on the bearings (behind the input shaft seal housing) have been removed (blue arrow). The retaining pins, bolts and whatever else I could find have been removed.

I really don't know what i'm missing. Advice is appreciated.

Posted Image

S15 sxytime's Photo S15 sxytime 08 Apr 2017

You need to use a couple of thin wedges to split the sections that are held together by sealant /dowels probably, I've never split one of those gearboxes but have done many gearboxes, automotive and industrial, and what you describe is common, just don't butcher the mating faces otherwise you will have trouble sealing it back up.

r0berto's Photo r0berto 08 Apr 2017

the bellhousing and centre housing do split, but only separate about 8mm. from there it seems to be held together with something internally

The Big Fist's Photo The Big Fist 09 Apr 2017

Not in front of computer so going by memory. 1. Use the s15 manual as a guide. 2. The rear has to come off first as 6th gear needs to be pulled off shaft. 3 I think there is a section with 2 large bolts that are on each side of the join. Need to undo one as it joins internal idler shafts. 4. Use the manual

Scotties15's Photo Scotties15 10 Apr 2017

yeah use the manual.

never personally split the box, but the manual does a good job at explaining everything..

heres the part you need...
Attached File  mt.pdf (1.29MB)
downloads: 67

The Big Fist's Photo The Big Fist 12 Apr 2017

How did you get on Roberto ?

r0berto's Photo r0berto 12 May 2017

i've read through the workshop manual and indeed i need to pull gears and some other stuff from the back of the box. I don't have a puller big enough and i've had no time to get one. bought a new box for the meantime and i'll give it another shot soon.

thanks for the advice to all.