- - - - -

TES V: Skyrim 

296 replies to this topic

#1 Jason12

• Car:Cressida

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

http://au.gamespot.c...im-full-trailer

Looking forward to another elder scrolls epic! Who else is excited?

#2 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

no......YES!!

huge oblivion fan here.. I got engulfed by Morrowind and Oblivion, played oblivion straight for days on end

and Skyrim will be nothing but awesome, its got dragons in it!

heres a quick fact sheet from the site:
* Unlike the previous games where melee combat were free-for-alls prone to friendly fire, "Skyrim" will feature a context-sensitive melee system described as "Magnetism" in the French PSN, where your melee attacks will automatically target foes instead of slashing everything in your path. This is somewhat similar to the autotargeting system in "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood."

* Unique weapons will possess hidden effects that you will only discover upon using the weapon.

* Players will be unable to block attacks if they are wielding a weapon in one hand and a spell in the other. Only players who wield two handed weapons or a sword and shield can perform blocks.

* The "Spell Shield" ability will see a return in "Skyrim."

* Taverns will serve as important locations in the game. Players will be able to overhear conversations, collect rumors, begin quests, acquire information and much more.

* Players can stalk non-player characters and chart their routines, and break and enter into their homes when they aren't around.

* The information quest givers provide you will depend upon their disposition towards you. Friendly NPCs will provide you with more information while hostile or distrusting characters will provide you with a lot less.

* A dungeon described as "Bleak Falls Barrow" is inhabited by Draugr--undead Nord warriors. Players can expect to encounter a ghostly dragon priest and fight a giant Frostbite Spider. The dungeon has been described by Bethesda as "terrifying."

* The quest to Bleak Falls Barrow is provided to you by a shopkeeper named Lucan who wants you to retrieve his priceless Draconic family heirloom--a golden claw.

* "Skyrim" will see the inclusion of new area-of-effect spells such as "Ice Trap," which is triggered when an enemy walks over it; "Circle of Protection," an area-of-effect spell which pushes enemies in your vicinity away; and "Fury" which causes enemies to fight amongst themselves.

* With a strong emphasis on melee combat, "Skyrim" will feature the addition of finishing moves, one of which has been described as "plunging your sword into the enemy's chest."

* As a game that's more or less an open sandbox, players will be able to perform free-form activities like cooking, woodcutting, mining, and blacksmithing.

* One of the new "Dragon Shout" abilities slows down time, and is similar to Bullet Time.

* One of the first cities the player visits is called Riverwood, and is decried as "a smattering of timber buildings, including a sawmill."

* The new "Radiant Story" feature of Skyrim--which generates side-quests based on player actions--is inspired by the random encounters in the Fallout series.

* "Skyrim" contains exhaustive environmental effects, such as the effects of wind on water and the creation of waves. The game will also contain meteorological effects, with clouds clustering around mountaintops and so forth.

* It will be possible to raise all skills to the maximum 100 points but it isn't possible to get every perk in a single playthrough.

* With regards to the story, the death of the King of Skyrim has caused a civil war to break out in the country.

* Dragon encounters will not be scripted events. These Dragons may attack towns and cities during its travels, which may cause it to be set ablaze.

* Every large settlement in the land of Skyrim will be unique. The city of Marketh Side is set into a cliffside, with buildings teetering on the edge. Haarfingar is said to be home to the largest trading port in Skyrim. One of the cities in Skyrim is even said to be heavily inspired by the Dunmer architecture of Morrowind.

* Bethesda intends to bring back a sense of eccentricity into the world of Vvardenfell, as each Nord faction will have its own customs and styles instead of being carbon copies.

* The economy of "Skyrim" will be better developed than the one in previous games. If you destroy a city's means of income (for instance, by razing their crops), its inhabitants will have to purchase crops from a nearby city, thereby raising prices.

* Archers will be able to hold their breath--an action which consumes stamina--while aiming in order to increase their accuracy. This ability is similar to the sniping abilities in games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and the Call of Duty series.

* Wounded dragons have a chance of crashing into the ground.

* It is possible to cut dialogue short by simply walking away from a speaking NPC.

* Dragon Shouts are assigned to the R3 button on the PS3 gamepad.

* Most NPCs will not have a complete set of dialogue, with only "important" characters having substantial dialogue.

#3 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Dragons... Brilliant idea; why didn't anyone else think of this

#4 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

I'm excited because they finally ditched that abortion of an engine, gamebryo.
The screens and videos so far look awesome.

#5 -**wHiStLe**-

• Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Can someone post up the screens and vids??
I can only find the trailer.

#6 Guest_Dark Bringer_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thread was already created on here before. So this is a re-post?

#7 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

View PostDark Bringer, on 01 March 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Thread was already created on here before. So this is a re-post?

if you search skyrim only this thread comes up?

#8 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

http://nissansilvia....howtopic=471827

wtf the old thread was made by the same person?

but yeah im getting it no question Posted Image
the only thing about oblivion that was a let down was the graphics and physics, so hopefully theyve improved on that alot for this one

#9 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

looks good

#10 Jason12

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

View Postkyle_340, on 02 March 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

http://nissansilvia....howtopic=471827

wtf the old thread was made by the same person?

but yeah im getting it no question Posted Image
the only thing about oblivion that was a let down was the graphics and physics, so hopefully theyve improved on that alot for this one

lol derp, i couldnt remember if id already posted it up, did a search and nothing came up. ah well.

#11 Pervy

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:04 AM

View Post-**wHiStLe**-, on 01 March 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

Can someone post up the screens and vids??
I can only find the trailer.
http://au.media.pc.i...395/imgs_1.html

#12 disenter

• Car:S13 Silvia SR20DET

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

hmm... i liked how oblivion looked, and how it played wasn't to bad either... but the thing i hated about it, was the sheer volume of reading you HAD to do... so many clues were hidden among pages and pages of text... i'd be keen for it if not for that though. It's a good story at least...

#13 Jason12

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

View Postdisenter, on 02 March 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

hmm... i liked how oblivion looked, and how it played wasn't to bad either... but the thing i hated about it, was the sheer volume of reading you HAD to do... so many clues were hidden among pages and pages of text... i'd be keen for it if not for that though. It's a good story at least...

The in game lore was the best part...

#14 Pervy

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

View Postdisenter, on 02 March 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

lol that's why I hated Dragon Age Origins. Just constant walls of text and the convos were boring as f**k.

#15 disenter

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:30 AM

Lol I didn't mind dragon age, it wasn't quite as heavy on the text etc. Just a lot of back and forth between towns and shit

#16 Guest_Dark Bringer_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

I love games like Oblivion. I have Oblivion GOTY Edition, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas. These games are just enormous and take plenty of hours to get through, which is rare in a game these days! The story usually gets you so involved. Quite often I would tell myself, ok one more mission and that's it bed time, then after I would be like nahhh gotta keep playing. Gotta sell all the shit i just found!! Etc etc

#17 Guest_Dark Bringer_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Just saw the screenshots now! WOW I'm impressed. Definitely has a better look than OBLIVION. Gonna put one as Wallpaper as it's just awesome!

#18 disenter

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

might tide me over till D3 :P

#19 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

View PostBennybear, on 01 March 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

Dragons... Brilliant ides; why didn't anyone else think of this
hahahahahaha :lol: i lol'd :lol:

#20 J's 180

• Car:1997 Type X

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

#21 -**wHiStLe**-

• Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

FUCCCKKKK YEAAAAHHHH!!

#22 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Yeah ok that looks pretty damn good

What were Bethesda like with the last release date? Is Nov acheivable?

#23 Upright

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Very excited. Thing that bugged me most with oblivion was better equipment or stats didn't really improve the fun or feel worth the effort. Skyrim should be so much better since they've changed this!!

#24 J's 180

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Good luck for PC guys with this game. Hell i think my trusty old PS3 might not be able to run this well.... I mean it freezes after hours on Fallout: New Vegas, so this will definitely do something to it.... May build up a PC to play games, BUT prefer to save for the car...

#25 Pervy

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostJ's180, on 15 June 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Good luck for PC guys with this game. Hell i think my trusty old PS3 might not be able to run this well.... I mean it freezes after hours on Fallout: New Vegas, so this will definitely do something to it.... May build up a PC to play games, BUT prefer to save for the car...
Skyrim shouldn't do that. Only reason F3 and New Vegas lock up all the time is because of the rubbish engine it runs. Skyrim is using Unreal 3 so it should be very stable.

#26 J's 180

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

^Ah ok. Well I reckon ill still get it on PS3 instead though. Hopefully it runs well/

#27 Pervy

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'd recommend to get it on PS3. Consoles are the lead development for this game so chances are the PC version won't be as good.

#28 driftmatt

• Car:S13

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

Since its on my bday its gotta be good.

#29 J's 180

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostPerverted_S14, on 16 June 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'd recommend to get it on PS3. Consoles are the lead development for this game so chances are the PC version won't be as good.

Oh ok I thought they developed it from PC model and was going to be adapted to console. So looks like they are seeing the $$$-signs and developing for consoles like the new Battlefield! F**K the end of this year is going to be clogged with games. MW3, Skyrim, BF3.

#30 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostPerverted_S14, on 16 June 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostJ's180, on 15 June 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Skyrim shouldn't do that. Only reason F3 and New Vegas lock up all the time is because of the rubbish engine it runs. Skyrim is using Unreal 3 so it should be very poo brown with horrible bloom

Fixed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!