Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
This would NEVER happen in Australia - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

This would NEVER happen in Australia 

15 replies to this topic

#1 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

http://www.dailymail...ral-London.html

Anyone who did anything similar here in Australia would have been raped.

#2 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

It can happen. When I was on my P's I pulled up to the video shop to get a dvd and a copper pulled up next to me and gave me a bit of a lecture, said I was doing 75km/h all through town (a 60 zone) & forgot to indicate somewhere, he said it was "okay, not the worst thing" and just to be more cautious.

In contrast to all other experiences with traffic police (I think I've lost my license 3 times), it was the first time I felt like a police officer cared for my welfare, rather than just wanting to humiliate me, give me a hefty fine and put another notch in his belt.

#3 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

2 weeks ago i redline clutch dropped literally metres infront of a cop. got a similar lecture and let me go with not even a defect.

i shit you not.

#4 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:48 AM

I was eating a berliner and driving in my 180 when it had no dash or interior (it was slowly turning into a track car and I'd recently re-wired it all)... he didn't seem to care one bit about the missing dash and instruments... just said I probably shouldn't eat and drive. To be fair, I agree with him... eating and driving is pretty foolish.

#5 Coastie

• Car:S15 spec R

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

I've had my fair share of run ins with dick cops that just seem to wanna ruin your day - eg driving home from my parents house up the coast at about 1am, didn't do anything wrong at all this guy just must've been bored so he does an illegal U turn and pulls me over for a "random breath test", he spent a good 15mins going over my engine and the rest of the car, I've kept it nice and clean and defect free, but I'd managed to pull over in a bit of a ditch so the underside was fairly close to the road, he told me it was too low and gave me a defect and wouldn't belive that it was stock suspension lol, cost me $60 to get an inspection for no reason.
I've also met a few decent cops that have seen me do something stupid and have given me a lecture and let me off with a warning, in my case it's the decent cops that actually make me think about my actions rather than getting the shits because I've been caught and fined.

Haha I've always wondered why there is no laws against eating and driving, I've nearly crashed more times trying to eat a cheeseburger than trying to use my phone

#6 Aunt Silvia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

There is laws against eating and driving in qld

#7 B00sted180

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

I knew a guy who got fined for eating and driving. He asked the cop what the problem with it was and it was explained to him that it isn't the fact he was eating and driving but the fact he was seen taking both hands off the steering wheel to take a bite. Apparently its legal to drive one handed but illegal to have both hands off the steering wheel at one time.

#8 Tim Sil80

• Car:Sileighty

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostAunt Silvia, on 20 November 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

There is laws against eating and driving in qld

Damn when did this happen ?

Maybe they should ban drive throughs so people don't get the urge to eat and drive lol.

#9 Coastie

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostB00sted180, on 20 November 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I knew a guy who got fined for eating and driving. He asked the cop what the problem with it was and it was explained to him that it isn't the fact he was eating and driving but the fact he was seen taking both hands off the steering wheel to take a bite. Apparently its legal to drive one handed but illegal to have both hands off the steering wheel at one time.
Well that makes sense

#10 Tim Sil80

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

Is it illegal to jerk off and drive ?

Or all good if you got 1 hand on the wheel ?

#11 Coastie

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostTim Sil80, on 20 November 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

That's called indecent exposure mate haha, we had some sicko on the coast pulling up next to girls in beach parking lots and having a fiddle, the cops caught up to him after a while

#12 Spazo

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostCoastie, on 20 November 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

That's called indecent exposure mate haha, we had some sicko on the coast pulling up next to girls in beach parking lots and having a fiddle, the cops caught up to him after a while

Was he in a kombie by any chance? In Wollongong?

#13 Coastie

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostSpazo, on 20 November 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Na it was a falcon wagon on the central coast, some creepy Indian dude haha

#14 Tim Sil80

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostSpazo, on 20 November 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

I used to have a combo but had to sell it after that incident lol.

#15 B00sted180

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

That's called indecent exposure mate haha

It's ok if your window tint it dark enough to not see in

#16 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

The best experience ive ever had with a cop was me and a mate in the s14 back in the days, got some kebabs and pizzas heading home.. s14 had twin cannons so the thing was loud.. kitted and low.. police behind us and we get to a train intersection which is like 4 tracks wide..
Lights go yellow and im like 'fk do i run it and the cop might do me for some bs or just hit the brakes'
So i do the safety thing and stop quick enough to not throw pizza and kebab over the car but im now like atleast half a car length over the line and pedestian area.. So its now even more awkward.

Cop just flashed his high beams at me and i slowly reversed backwards.. Was expecting a defect haha :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!