- - - - -

Phuket/Thailand 

1484 replies to this topic

#1 Stunn-R

• Car:JZX100 TRD Chaser

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

Hey guys,

I'm planning a holiday to Thailand to Phuket/Bangkok and the full moon party @ Koh Phangan

I'm going with a group of mates for around 14 days,
Just wanted to know if you guys have been there, what was your experiences and how it was?

Also, if anyone can give me some info on what resorts they stayed at, how much it cost (flights & accomodation per person) and maybe a good hookup for booking? :lol:

Also, how much spending money did you take for that kind of a holiday?

Please share your experiences with me :)

Cheers,

Rohan

#2 MEANS13

• Car:s13 180sx Bright Orange

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:30 AM

hey hey, im heading to the Full Moon party on the 18th June.. you should def hit it up.. if you are planning on doing it book your accomodation now as they fill up pretty quickly... you can get bungallos from as little as 8AUD a night upto 100AUD per night per person.. im staying at a place called Blue Hill Resort for the festival.. its reasonably priced about 25-30 AUD a night and have a sweet little bungallo..

when you book your accomodation make sure its somewhere fairly secure as they do occasionally have people that break into the cheaper huts and steal things like cameras and money (valuables) so your better off spending a little more and getting a secure place to leave your stuff, as you dont want ot be carrying everything round with you at the party because its huge 5-8 thousand people..

search koh pangan accomodation in google and it brings tons up :) and its cheaper if you book it yourself and not in a package.. just pay for your flights prob around the 1200 mark (guestimate).. my mate stayed in SE Asia for 4-5months and only took 6k with him.. obviously he wasnt staying in fancy resorts but you can do it very cheaply if you research it...

anywhoo.. i still need to pack my backpack cos i leave for Asia tomorrow and gotta finish packing.. its hard trying to pack for 8 months :)

hope you have a good time if you go

PSC

#3 Stunn-R

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

^^ hey man, yea we're definitely going,

we're planning on staying @ 4-5 star resorts mainly because we got heaps of girls coming with us and theyre really whingy about smaller/cheap places :(

we're planning on 2 nights in bangkok, 10 nights in phuket, 2 nights in bangkok

during the trip in phuket we're planning on going to the full moon party and making the trek and coming back the next day!
wow man you're going for 8 months.. thats awesome! i know stuff is dirt cheap there and it would be very very very fun!

we're planning on the full moon party on 16th August :)

#4 Edd-GTR

• Car:1989 BNR32 GTR

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

My housemate is in Thai at the moment doing his Dive Master course and he was at the recent full moon party. I think he is having a ball.

#5 Bazelinez

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

ah phuket!

things do do:

Fantasea, awesome cirque de soleil thing, chicks will love it as its kinda cultural, costs about $50 and it goes for over 2 hours, great value.

Rock City: sick hard rock pub right in the thick of things in Patong. Try and get into one of the "parties" these pommy *milkshakes* ride around on scooters and will probably find YOU as they pick out aussies and poms from 100 metres away. Tickets are around the $27 mark and it includes 2 hours of free drinks, 2 live bands, one a thai local group that do covers like Linkin park etc and the other this scandinavian group, f**kin awesome guitarist. They also have "nurses" that come round and give you shots, syringes (no needles) full of piss that get you blind. all in all a great night, great atmoshere and its a "whites" only kinda night, all tourists, no lady boys etc.

Bikes: heaps of joints have bikes for hire ranging from Harleys to Ninjas and little monkey bikes, can get onto an R1 for around $30 the day give or take, they hold your passport tho so don't bin it.

Basically there is so much shit to do there its not funny, if you wanna shop for crap like t shirts etc go to Phuket town rather then patong, get the same shit heaps cheaper.

We stayed 10 nights at the Sunset beach Resort, down from Patong a bit, around a 2 min taxi ride and it was nice, 4 star I think included daily breakfaST, we flew Tiger airways and all up with accomodation it was just under a grand which is awesome value BUT next time would pay a bit more as Tiger stop overs are gay, 4 hours in Singapore each way and stuck in the budget terminal which has f**k all. can get onto Thai airways and a similar package for around $1300.

Go single would be good advice too, I didn't and although great still, can't help but think it would have been better. :)

any questions shoot me a PM, we went November 07, best time for weather, think its the rainy season now.

#6 Kez180

• Car:Silvia s13 CA18de (Shithouse)

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

I went with the gf we stayed 14 nights 5 star all the way (She insisted I woulda stayed any place that didn;t have fleas)

in phuket we stayed here : http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/phuket/...resort_spa.html (We booked with agoda too be careful they quote you in american dollars, bit deceptive..)

In Bangkok we stayed Here: http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok...mvit_hotel.html

Both were shit hot, we wound up spending about $220 a night on accomodation, The place in bankok was about 100m from this alley full of nightclubs that was f**king cool... The place in phuket was right up the north of the island away from patong, great for a couple but a bit out of the way if your looking to party...

We flew with jetstart for about $750 return each, shop around for the airfares you can get some awsome ones..

don't bother shopping in phuket, do it all in bangkok

Go to MBK in Bankok its like 7 stories of shopping mayhem

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that a temple/attraction is closed for repairs... they are trying to con you into going to their mates jewelry/suit/knock shop...

I bought 3 suits over there and they have since held up very well... I paid $150 each which is expensive... Make sure they double stich the legs of the pants and around the pockets if you get any...

Good luck and wear condoms....

#7 fullboost

• Car:onevia

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

i almost got put in jail in thailand for many years cause they found rifle bullets in my on board luggage i took on the plane ... lol

scariest moment of my life . ill never go back there !!

#8 Tomk

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

fullboost, on May 22 2008, 06:22 PM, said:

i almost got put in jail in thailand for many years cause they found rifle bullets in my on board luggage i took on the plane ... lol

scariest moment of my life . ill never go back there !!

I can see it now!

"soon to be Lady-boy serial killer in gaol"

#9 RBZILA

• Car:180sx Sr20det

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

i was ment to be going over next months but due to lack of funds, i had to cancel n lose my deposit.

#10 gravy

has gone to 12ozprophet.. this place fails.

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

Edd-GTR, on May 23 2008, 12:53 PM, said:

My housemate is in Thai at the moment doing his Dive Master course and he was at the recent full moon party. I think he is having a ball.
he fully shoulda done it in australia.... waywayway more recognised than in thailand, shoulda done it here an gone and worked over there..... i kno cuz im an instructor with a shitload of specialities.... if you do it here, you will get work in a second anywhere in the world.... i would never hire a dm who did their course anywhere but here, way too much liability.

#11 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

im leaving for thailand on the 17th of JUNE which is another 3 weeks from now !!! i SO CANT WAIT!!

FULL MOON PARTY!!!!!!

#12 gravy

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

STR8E180, on May 23 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

im leaving for thailand on the 17th of JUNE which is another 3 weeks from now !!! i SO CANT WAIT!!

FULL MOON PARTY!!!!!!
omg your back!!!!!

#13 STR8E180

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

gravy, on May 23 2008, 10:38 AM, said:

omg your back!!!!!
back from where?? ive always been here just havent been posting much
i try and limit my time on here because the more time i spend on here the more money i spend on my cars :(

#14 Karbonyte

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

I'm drunk. Can't be f**ked telling you where to stay.

#15 gravy

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

STR8E180, on May 23 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

omg your back!!!!!
i try and limit my time on here because the more time i spend on here the more money i spend on my cars :(
this is tru.... hurry up and get your cars on the road.... i wanna see them dyno'd

#16 STR8E180

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:24 PM

gravy, on May 23 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

omg your back!!!!!
this is tru.... hurry up and get your cars on the road.... i wanna see them dyno'd
the GTR is back on the road made 316kw on 16psi, still got another 5psi to play around with once the ignition system is upgraded spark is breaking out up top

#17 gravy

• Standard Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

STR8E180, on May 23 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

gravy, on May 23 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

omg your back!!!!!
the GTR is back on the road made 316kw on 16psi, still got another 5psi to play around with once the ignition system is upgraded spark is breaking out up top
ah mad! good work.. congrats on the 300+.. :thumbsup:

#18 Stunn-R

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

lol Han check back in here when ur sober please Posted Image

haha every thread becomes a kemp car thread Posted Image Posted Image lol
oi kemp u gotta tell me how the full moon party went when u get back...

i think im either going with the ban thai resort in phuket or mercure,

but my gf of 3 yrs is comin with me.. i guess it would be a somewhat different experience with just the boys goin!

thanks for everyones input, kez and bazelinez and MEANS13!

kez: i went to MBK when i was in bangkok in february.. fkin CRAZY took like 2 days to get through that place and still wasnt through all of it... bought heaps of pirated dvds and games lol
bazelinez: thanks bro, will also check out the sunset beach resort and that pub! dont think i want to rent a R1 though, i'll proilly kill myself and kill the bike lol

#19 TN

• Car:S15, S14A

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

ee loz shy s6 whippy and 10 other dudes going to full moon party in october. i think its on the 14th. come party with us.

we're going to gold coast for a few days, then fly to KL, ban-cock, Koh samui, koh pangan for the full moon party, then phuket the kl for a day and back to adel

and i'm getting a bike. 15 guys on bikes... sick

Edited by TN, 23 May 2008 - 10:28 PM.

#20 Shy_s6

• Car:depends wat month it is

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

carnage awaits....

#21 robzilla

• Car:Stagea

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

Phuket is unreal!

i stayed at Patong for 12 days last january (2007). stayed in a scungy motel, the kind of thai equivelant to a best western motel over here. full of seedy girls and european men with young thai "friends" :lol:

but the drinking...ohhh. start off with a couple $1 long necks from the local 7/11. then hit up the main strip (Bangla Road).

and the little carts on the side of the road selling food at night, they're not as bad as they look. The big bits of chicken tasted friggen beautiful, better than Maccas when ya drunk!

and make sure you get a suit, or two, made up while you're there. cheap as chips and definitely won't regret it.
i got a charcoal suit made, gets compliments everytime i wear it :D

#22 chuck_norris

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

Yeah Phuket is fcking awesome! Went there for a week for my 21st. The night life is so much different and better than in Aus. We stayed at Karon Sea Sands resort, literally on the beach. Think it was AU$55 / night for a couple with buffet brekky! Flights were $540 return per person (GF is a travel agent :woot: )

Fantasea is awesome, kinda like a fun-park with a huge buffet and an awesome broadway/vegas style stage show!

So much shopping and cheap shit ftw!

Also, go island hopping around Maya Bay etc. Fcking beautiful islands, awesome food, snorkelling etc etc. Just like the postcards lol.

#23 negativecamber

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

i went to a great restaraunt in bangkok called 'cabbages & condoms' it was a great night.

dont forget to check out soi cowboy and nana plaza in BK! ( boys only). also dont let the chicks on the street out the front of bars grab you on the dick untill you go inside, they are probably katoi's (ladyboys) and they have a law that doesnt let them inside the girly bars lol.

my advice is to pack very very light then just go to the markets in the street for some golf/car polo shirts etc.

#24 loz

• Car:Nissan 200SX S14.5

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

yeah, we are going to thailand 9th of october-> 21st october

15 guys all up (10 mates from QLD, then 5 mates from adelaide)

Should be fucking massive.

I feel sorry for anyone on the same 7 hour flight with us haha

#25 negativecamber

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

wish i was coming! i cant afford it htough, my car is more important.

my dad lives in bangkok and has a few places there and a huge awesome house on the beach in koh samui.

#26 Bazelinez

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

Kez180, on May 23 2008, 01:13 PM, said:

I went with the gf we stayed 14 nights 5 star all the way (She insisted I woulda stayed any place that didn;t have fleas)

in phuket we stayed here : http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/phuket/...resort_spa.html (We booked with agoda too be careful they quote you in american dollars, bit deceptive..)

In Bangkok we stayed Here: http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok...mvit_hotel.html

Both were shit hot, we wound up spending about $220 a night on accomodation, The place in bankok was about 100m from this alley full of nightclubs that was f**king cool... The place in phuket was right up the north of the island away from patong, great for a couple but a bit out of the way if your looking to party...

We flew with jetstart for about $750 return each, shop around for the airfares you can get some awsome ones..

don't bother shopping in phuket, do it all in bangkok

Go to MBK in Bankok its like 7 stories of shopping mayhem

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that a temple/attraction is closed for repairs... they are trying to con you into going to their mates jewelry/suit/knock shop...

I bought 3 suits over there and they have since held up very well... I paid $150 each which is expensive... Make sure they double stich the legs of the pants and around the pockets if you get any...

Good luck and wear condoms....

Obviously each to there own but I would never go somewhere like Phuket and pay $220 a night for accomodation, you can plenty of nice places, 4 star or so for around $50-60 a night. I know what girls can be like though :)

my mate I took last time was an absolute poor *milkshake*, "Oh can I leave my luggage in my room, are they gonna steal it?" "oh can I eat any of the food will I get diseases?"

people like that need to stay safe and warm in their own bed......

if your not willing to try new things (lady boy sex exempt) why the f**k go overseas. :yes:

OH! PPS! Patong McDonalds is proobably the best in the world, get that and then come back here to witness the absolute shit we are offered.

#27 Karbonyte

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

Bazelinez, on May 24 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

my mate I took last time was an absolute poor *milkshake*, "Oh can I leave my luggage in my room, are they gonna steal it?" "oh can I eat any of the food will I get diseases?"

if your not willing to try new things (lady boy sex exempt) why the f**k go overseas. :yes:
+1 :yes:

Last time I was there, was on the piss with 2 20 year old dudes from the UK.

Sitting in a bar, one is like, "I need to pee." We point at the toilet, he f**ks off.

He comes back 45 minutes later.

"Where the f**k were you?"

"I just got my knob sucked."

"What?!?!"

"Here, take a look."

He proceeds to whip out his phone, and shows us a bunch of photos of a some long black haired beast on the end of his knob. And yet, the only thing he possibly has to say at this point is...

"Do you think these photos make my cock look small?"

I'm just like "Duuuuuuuude. What I'd be worried about is... why is a 'chick' in the GUYS toilet in the first place??!?!?"

#28 TN

• Car:S15, S14A

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

Karbonyte, on May 24 2008, 03:41 AM, said:

Bazelinez, on May 24 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

if your not willing to try new things (lady boy sex exempt) why the f**k go overseas. Posted Image
+1 Posted Image

Last time I was there, was on the piss with 2 20 year old dudes from the UK.

Sitting in a bar, one is like, "I need to pee." We point at the toilet, he f**ks off.

He comes back 45 minutes later.

"Where the f**k were you?"

"I just got my knob sucked."

"What?!?!"

"Here, take a look."

He proceeds to whip out his phone, and shows us a bunch of photos of a some long black haired beast on the end of his knob. And yet, the only thing he possibly has to say at this point is...

"Do you think these photos make my cock look small?"

I'm just like "Duuuuuuuude. What I'd be worried about is... why is a 'chick' in the GUYS toilet in the first place??!?!?"

^^HAHAHA

#29 mr_silvia

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

Thailand is awesome, went in December last yr for 1 month and loved it!

I deffnintely wouldnt spend 10 days in Phuket...

If i were u I would get straight off the plane in Bangkok and jump straight on another from Don Muang domestic airport to Koh Samui. Organise accommodation there for 3-4 days and head off to the Koh Phangan for the full moon party during the day (1 hr on the ferry). Full moon goes on all night and through the early hours of the morning. You WILL have the time of ur life. Then get on the first ferry in the morning back to Koh Samui (around 6am) and head to bed. To be honest, theres not much to see in Koh Phangan apart from the full moon and straight after it it is COMPLETELY dead so i wouldnt stay there. Its almost depressing.

Koh Samui was deffnitely my top 3 places in Thailand. Hire a motorbike and ride around the mountains [I hired a gsxr750 for 900baht ($30)]. When your booking your hotel make sure its anywhere on Chaweng Beach, this is the happening part of town. Also at night u can have dinner on the beach and its really calm a fun. Then head to the other side of the road to enjoy the nightlife. U can do canoeing, elephant riding, snorkling etc there.

Then I would head to Koh Phi Phi. You can either bus it, which takes about 6 hours (since the bus gets on a ferry to the mainland, then drives to the west of mainland Thailand and then you need to catch another ferry from mainland to phi phi), alternatively you can catch a plane to Phuket and then ferry to phi Phi, all in all, including transit time, it takes the same amount of time. Phi Phi is a fantastic little island with more foreigners than natives. Stay there for at least two days, however accommodation is more expensive than any other city. The nightlife, restaurants and beach is phenomenal. There are no cars but paved walkways throught the island. You can go for day trips to Bond Island and where The Beach was filmed (Leo Dicaprio). Also fishing is prominent there. make sure you book accommodation before you get there.

then Id head to Phuket, which is a 1.5hr ferry ride, then 1 hr bus ride to Patong. Make sure u book accommodation on Patong Road, as close as you can to the centre of it. Do most of your shopping from their then head to Bangkok and do the remainder of your shopping at MBK in the city. There are excellent clubs and nightlife in Phuket. Tiger bar is by far the best club, however if your into pubs there are plenty to choose from. You can do parasailing, jet skiing etc, but be careful on a bike if u choose to ride there. The traffic is pretty hectic.

#30 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Go to Fuket!

It's heaps good :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!