Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
What is this part? - Hardtuned.net

What is this part? 

6 replies to this topic

#1 mimz

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

Any idea where this part live?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: IMG_0714.JPG

#2 Kirksil13

• Car:S15

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Its a bracket that sits between the tailshaft and the tunnel. It bolts to the chassis to stop the tailshaft from smashing through the tunnel if it dislodges itself. I assume it also helps strengthen the tunnel under stress.

#3 datsun180

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Exhaust hanger from just near where the handbrake cable passes through the floor of the car. It's oem and not usually used for any aftermarket exhaust.
http://i.ebayimg.com...LCF/s-l1600.jpg

#4 mimz

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

cheers

#5 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

Definitely not exhaust hanger,it bolts to the rear of trans tunnel below tailshaft.

#6 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:57 AM

It's the prop shaft loop, as said. It's actually there to stop the prop shaft hit the road in the event that the shaft or joints break, not to propect the transmission tunnel.

You'll see custom ones in race builds where there's a greater chance of failure, because if the tail shaft hits the road whilst you're moving, it will launch the car up in the air like a pole vault. Not exactly a situation conducive to good health lol.

#7 datsun180

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Yeah my bad, was mislead by the ebay listings calling it a exhaust hanger once i'd done a image search using the original posters photo. Nice one google nerds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!