Spray Booth Hire 

Car painting
13 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Donnelly

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hey guys.
Im wondering if anyone know of any places on the Gold Coast
that hires spray booths out to the public?

Been looking online but cant find anything Posted Image
Ive got all the paint and what not to do it myself just not the venue.

So if anyone could help me out here would be great.

Cheers

#2 kriss

• Car:A31 - CHEV

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Ask in the QLD section of the forum

#3 Rolled Cambers

• Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

Go into any panel beating place and ask them if you can hire it.
Some will agree.

BYO paints and what not. I've hired one for $100. It's an okay price for an hour or so.

#4 Josh Donnelly

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yeah its looking like have to.

Im guessing il need one nearly all day.
prime colour and clear

#5 JTC

• Car:S13

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

shouldnt prime and colour in same day should give it at least a day to dry and then guide coat and sand before colour

#6 Josh Donnelly

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

aw really?
guy at the paint shop told me to.

What do you mean by guide coat?

The way i was going to do it was sand then wax and grease remove it.
then prime it sand it prime it again sand it.
wax and grease it again then colour 3 coats and then a coat of clear
then sand it and wax and grease it again

then 3 coats of clear?

according to the paint shop i got all the gear from thats the method i have to use...
if thats wrong then would be great to know.

I dont really want to stuff all my product and time up

#7 JTC

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well I'm currently respraying my car as well spent countless hours on research but every one always says leave primer overnight before sanding, just to make sure fully cured,
The way you described is right, just after you spray your primer its good to spray a guide coat down so that you can tell the surface is 100% flat an there nothing you've missed.
what i do is got a cheap can of black acrylic paint and spray in little spurts all over the panel so its covered with little black dots.
Watch this video
http://www.youtube.c.../12/jvLcZo23An4
shows a guide coat at 8:36 but worth watching the video

Are you spraying in acrylic or 2pac?

#8 Josh Donnelly

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

Ahh yeah i can understand what he's doing. So should i be sanding between the 1 and second coat of primer or just do the 2 coats and leave it over night and then sand that down?
Im spraying acylic mate.

Thanks for the vid dude

#9 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

+1 for custom spray mods, they've got heaps of videos that are worth watching to death if you're going to paint your own car.

#10 JTC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

spray 3 coats of primer down then sand watch all custom spray mods video and you'll get a really good understanding

#11 R32GTRS

• Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

these threads always pop up and usually provide good lols for all imo, If you need to watch videos to begin to understand the process what hope have you serious got mastering the skill of actually using the spray gun. cmon guys, its a trade for a reason.

#12 JTC

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

^^ yes its a trade but you can get good results at home if you take your time, I think that's a major difference between professionals and home DIY is time taken to complete the job. professionals can get a good result straight away compared to me who might redo it 3-4 times before its right
and yes mastering a spray gun is certainly difficult but not impossible acrylic paint is pretty forgiving. This isn't the first thing I've sprayed and stuff that I've done before plenty of mates couldn't tell that it had been sprayed at home.

the other big thing is budget, for me to get my car done professional with the colour I want and everything would cost 3-5k depending on who would do it and that's money I cant justify on just paint.
DIY cost max 1k for pretty much everything included spray guns (not a compressor though) and got the colour I want, and i know that everything done to a pretty high standard

#13 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Buy some EA falcon or VS commo doors to spray on first is probably a good recommendation as well.

#14 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

R32GTRS, on 18 February 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

these threads always pop up and usually provide good lols for all imo, If you need to watch videos to begin to understand the process what hope have you serious got mastering the skill of actually using the spray gun. cmon guys, its a trade for a reason.
in that case, why do anything? why mod your car when you're not a mechanic? why cook your own food when you're not a chef? why build your own furniture when you're not a cabinet maker? they're trades for a reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!