adm s15 vs jdm s15 ( both turbo) 

67 replies to this topic

Poll: best buy for your buck! (153 member(s) have cast votes)

adm s15 vs jdm s15

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 DVS15

• Car:s15

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:52 AM

I went for the ADM because it is newer and i didnt want to risk buying an import again after my last failed attempt..

#32 Hijacker...

• Car:S15 Spec R

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

There all made and born in Jap land and are the same car with diff features one is factory import and the other is not LOL

Depends if you want factory leather seats, climate control, rear wiper ect! The same car people's!

It's like comparing Spec S to spec R LOL Same car diff features!

#33 ST41NS

• Car:99' S15 SpecR JDM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:17 AM

+1 JDM... I'd still go JDM. =)

+ : Climate control, Mesh seats, Rear wiper, A-pillar gauge, Low kms, More Power, most have Stage 1 mods. (Catback, filter)
Plus those cool looking Japanese instructions and the little red flare in the Passeneger seat. lol. hehehe!

- : A gamble to buy.

ADM has good points still though.

+ : Log books....

- : No extras, High(er) Kms, Detuned.

* At the end of the day, its STILL an S15 no matter which way you look at it.
* And buying a second hand car is always a gamble but it would be less troublesome if you got the logbooks of course.
* If you just wanna look nice and won't do much performance just go ADM. It's less thrashed and got logbooks.
* But if you're gonna mod it, might as well go JDM... You got a good base to start with and you gonna replace parts with performance parts anyways if they get broken.

#34 DVS15

• Car:s15

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

View PostHijacker..., on Jul 29 2008, 08:16 AM, said:

There all made and born in Jap land and are the same car with diff features one is factory import and the other is not LOL

Depends if you want factory leather seats, climate control, rear wiper ect! The same car people's!

Yes but the imports have come over on a boat 2nd hand and god knows what they have done with the odometers over there to sell them for a better price here..

#35 Hijacker...

• Car:S15 Spec R

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

View PostDVS15, on Jul 29 2008, 09:01 AM, said:

View PostHijacker..., on Jul 29 2008, 08:16 AM, said:

Yes but the imports have come over on a boat 2nd hand and god knows what they have done with the odometers over there to sell them for a better price here..

Thats the other added features as well man LOL

I'd defo prefer genuin Odometer readings as well as all the other features that come with an ADM ;)

I was only referring to cars factory options and factory trim they have, factory import or non factory import.

I don't see them as JDM or ADM, rather as said factory imports or non factory imports with there obvious histories playing a major part!

Not just the different factory features they have in stock trim, which plays very little or no part in the end result when modified.

#36 feizor

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

I bought an adm, the jdm ones I inspected were all thrashed. You can buy the digital climate control for like $100 on the forum here. I dont find any use for it tho.

#37 SpiderGutz

• Car:S15, 2002 ADM Spec R

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

View Postplayboy, on Mar 26 2008, 12:44 PM, said:

S15's are hot period.

But, my 2c;

JDM S15 for bang for buck come as a more complete performance package. In a nutshell, as an import, they are often a gamble as finding a good, mechanically sound, neat example can proove quite difficult - if ur after this. A fair amount of imports tend to have had some hard life at Japan and these examples tend to be auctioned etc and the finer examples kept in Japan. Would Australia keeping all the crap commies and sending the better quality overseas. The score is some examples come already with stage 1 mods: cooler, zorst, pod, ebc, rims for cars pushing almost a decade old etc. Likely it would have been drifted, reverse engineered (stripped the parts back to stock), or been invovled in an accident.

ADM S15 Bang for quality and condition. ADM's tend to be in better quality in terms of more examples for sale seem to be less modified, trashed, newer (ADM '01- '02 vs JDM '98-'00). Even a better score if you buy and see it from a lady owner etc. compared to an unknown overseas trader. Being fresh out of a new car warranty - they tend to have log books that proove servicing and care during that period.

On paper the 20 or so kw difference is easily overcome by some aftermarket mods.

For me, I'd rather have an ADM. Newer, cleaner, less trashed model and make up the KW diff in mods.

So...go aussie for a jap car!

View PostSpazo, on Mar 29 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

ADM - alot of the jap specs that are brought over here are just plain thrashers (I know 'cos I bought one)

ADM +1 peice of mind is a huge factor when spending this much money on your car upfront.

#38 JDMSX

• Car:Nissan Sileighty

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

jdm takes the win wooo

#39 S15200sx2002

• Car:Nissan 200sx S15

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

i went adm due to low kms, full service history and elderly lady driver, plus i couldnt get a jap spec insured in my name, it was to expensive. Frodaddy and i compared a few things and its amazing whats different, eg, fuel guage stays up on the jap spec, parkers are indented in the headlight a bit more, etc etc, just small things u never notice. At the end of the day, you got an S15, 75% of people who look at it wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the 2 other then your nissan enthusiast, so if you go for bang for your buck it really depends solely on the cars on the market at the time, and your budget, not the type.

#40 Mingy

• Car:BCNR33 S3

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

View PostS15200sx2002, on Aug 2 2008, 01:54 AM, said:

i went adm due to low kms, full service history and elderly lady driver, plus i couldnt get a jap spec insured in my name, it was to expensive. Frodaddy and i compared a few things and its amazing whats different, eg, fuel guage stays up on the jap spec, parkers are indented in the headlight a bit more, etc etc, just small things u never notice. At the end of the day, you got an S15, 75% of people who look at it wouldnt be able to tell the difference between the 2 other then your nissan enthusiast, so if you go for bang for your buck it really depends solely on the cars on the market at the time, and your budget, not the type.

Did you just rip off SX FREAK!!!'s avatar and made it black & white? :lol:

#41 S15200sx2002

• Car:Nissan 200sx S15

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

View PostMingy, on Aug 3 2008, 11:10 AM, said:

View PostS15200sx2002, on Aug 2 2008, 01:54 AM, said:

Did you just rip off SX FREAK!!!'s avatar and made it black & white? :lol:
no, its one of the generic avatars you can select off the site, im to lazy to make my own

#42 Drunken Monk

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

adm = gaydm, jdm = japan do muchbetter

they are the same, both get thrashed before you buy them second hand, one is cool and the other is 14k more with gay reflectors.

but thats just my oppinion, lol i drive a 180sx

#43 bw8n4u

• Car:S13 Silvia SR20DET

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

hahaha, u say that u dont know what happens to them in jap b4 they come over, but how do u know whats happened to them here? gay reflectors, gay 200sx spec badges, analog climate, boring feel to the car. i associate adm s15's with ppl who hang out at kk's and grand parents. my 2 cents, i got a s13 sil. i will have a jdm s15 one day soon though!!

#44 stockca

• Car:ADM S15

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

The reflectors are ugly (can be filled and painted for less than $400) but boring feel to the car? Eh?

#45 D1 SPEC

• Car:99 JDM Spec R S15

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton: JDM :bringiton:

#46 Drunken Monk

• Car:180sx

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

View Postbw8n4u, on Jul 14 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

hahaha, u say that u dont know what happens to them in jap b4 they come over, but how do u know whats happened to them here? gay reflectors, gay 200sx spec badges, analog climate, boring feel to the car. i associate adm s15's with ppl who hang out at kk's and grand parents. my 2 cents, i got a s13 sil. i will have a jdm s15 one day soon though!!
i dont quite understand, but are you saying people that drive adm s15s are members of the kkk and hang around with grandparents lol

as previously stated you are buying the same car, with almost all the same features, +/- insignificant comfort things. and thats about it, as all the factory standard things like beter exhaust or diff get upgraded before any of us are able to buy the cars second hand.
most already imported jap spec s15s are loaded with drift bits, where as the adms are mostly always stock

#47 bw8n4u

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

krispy kreme's and they put filly sick 22" chromies on them with big f*uck off intercoolers and gay haircuts

my "boring" statement, i drove a adm and it just felt crap compared to my s13 and ive been in jdm and it felt so much better

to get an adm upto scratch with a jdm, you'd need to do the ecu/injectors/bb turbo/fuel pump there might b more but i dunno

why go to that trouble wen u can pick up a jdm with the exhaust and cooler and good rims and coilovers for cheaper than a standard adm that u need to spend alot more money buy removing reflectors, get the climate cont and do all the mods.......

#48 stockca

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

You are wrong, my ADM came factory with a ball bearing turbo, injectors are the same, fuel pump, stop believeing everything you read on the internetzzzz???

Ultimately mate, with the same boost and same mods believe what you like, they make the same power...shock horror, who would have thought hey?.....

And I looked at JDMs, they were rough as rough...interior worn etc...oh and your S13 would drive like a rattly old Datsun 180B compared to a well looked after low km ADM S15. ;)

#49 aym23q

• Car:S15

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:09 AM

View Poststockca, on Jul 15 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

You are wrong, my ADM came factory with a ball bearing turbo, injectors are the same, fuel pump, stop believeing everything you read on the internetzzzz???

Ultimately mate, with the same boost and same mods believe what you like, they make the same power...shock horror, who would have thought hey?.....

And I looked at JDMs, they were rough as rough...interior worn etc...oh and your S13 would drive like a rattly old Datsun 180B compared to a well looked after low km ADM S15. ;)

hey leave the good ol datto out of this man lol
<----------------------------------------

eehhhemm! **AVATAR**??
;)

#50 ichi-go

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:27 AM

JDM just because of the climate control ;)

#51 stockca

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostAym23q, on Jul 15 2009, 03:52 PM, said:

View Poststockca, on Jul 15 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

hey leave the good ol datto out of this man lol
<----------------------------------------

eehhhemm! **AVATAR**??
;)

Haha....poor example....ive had many a Datsun over the years! ;)

#52 aym23q

• Car:S15

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

^^ poor datto 180b always gets knocked, and thats not a smoky exhaust either ;) lol

#53 bw8n4u

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

u ave no idea wot cond my s13 is so dont talk shit, but obviosuly its not going to be as neat as a car thats 10 yrs newer u dick. its a fact that the pump turbo and rest of the stuff is diff from the adm and jdm, so suck another dick brah.

#54 stockca

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Fire up why dont ya you cock smoker....here you are flaming a car you drove once, making stupid statements like it felt 'boring' and crap compared to your S13 yet now you acknowledge your mighty S13 is not as neat as a car 10 years newer....suprise suprise....

Anyway 'BRAH'....its not a fact you smoker, as I said, I pulled my turbo off my ADM and it is a Ball Bearing turbo, the injectors ARE THE SAME JDM to ADM...

In conclusion, youre a stupid sheep, now STFU, k?

#55 Hobbsie

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

injectors the same, the JDM just runs a higher fuel pressure.. pretty sure fuel pumps same too.

i kinda understand what you mean when by boring, it has less feedback than the s13 and is smoother so doesnt feel quite as racy.

i went with an ADM because it was clean and with the amount i saved on comp insurance each year I could mod it to kill any jdm s15.

#56 Slippy

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

View Postfyjosh, on Jul 13 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

adm = gaydm,

but thats just my oppinion,

Your opinions are so gaydm.

#57 Slippy

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

View Postbw8n4u, on Jul 16 2009, 02:25 AM, said:

u ave no idea wot cond my s13 is so dont talk shit, but obviosuly its not going to be as neat as a car thats 10 yrs newer u dick. its a fact that the pump turbo and rest of the stuff is diff from the adm and jdm, so suck another dick brah.

I had an S13 with pretty much the same mods as my ADM S15 (engine wise) and I know my S15 goes alot better. It certainly isn't "boring".

#58 bumpstopbrawler26

• Car:S13 Silvia 1jz vvti

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

I'd get an aus del anyday... You ever know whats happened to a jdm one in the past.. crash damages, service life... Generally people over here look after their cars a little bit (ie: no ciggarette burns and shit)... Still though.., If I was looking at s15's for sale and i came across a minter jdm model., I wouldn't think twice. Different story if it comes down to actually importing the car though

#59 Guest_HyperGear Turbochargers_*

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

defintly JDM S15 BB Turbo. If condition is good.

#60 stockca

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

Defintiely ADM S15 BB Turbo...................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!