***BAD TRADER*** THREADS ETC. WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT RESOLVE 

19 replies to this topic

#1 loz

• Car:Nissan 200SX S14.5

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hey people, just a heads up:

there is a right and wrong way to go about things.

Posting public topics regarding issues with sponsors of this site harms their business.

90% of the time it is a misunderstanding that can be resolved with a few PM's, and i would say only 20% of problems have turned out to be because of the sponsor being difficult / making a mistake.

The CORRECT procedure would be to email me or a senior staff member (senior moderator) to act as a mediator between yourself and the sponsor.

I have NEVER seen a situation that we have not been able resolve where all parties are happy.

The public defamation is unnecessary.

regards,
loz

#2 marioman

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

thats fair enough. is it still ok to publicy defermate scammers though?

#3 loz

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

As great as e-lynch mobs are, as with 99% of people on the internet they are all talk, and no one that is defrauding people is really going to be scared of a bunch of keyboard warriors showing up at their doorstep threatening to bash them etc. (unless the keyboard warriors were from the fitness section maybe).

I mean Alex K was a perfect example... the amount of negative threads about him all over both ns, sau, boost etc. yet he still managed to continue to sell to people (and still is)

It is far better to report the person so that proper authorities can deal with them, and they can get a record:

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au is a government site dedicated to this.

Really though ?

It's about common sense... and Buyer Beware.

I have been buying online for over 10 years, and NEVER been scammed.

I would NEVER send money via Bank Deposit to some random member on any forum website , no matter HOW cheap that PowerFC/Xbox Game/Inflatable Sheep is....

Paypal is ALOT more secure, and you have ALOT more chance of getting your money back if something goes wrong, C.O.D. via Australia Post is even better.

#4 Skidder

• Car:RB20 S13

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

loz

Wouldn't it be at least allowable to at least warn people of people that have scammed them in case they don't want to run the risk?

Or would that person that got scammed have to warn via PM?

#5 loz

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:13 AM

^^ problem is that everyone forgets.

the lifeline of a scam thread:

first hour: everyone posts telling the person how bad it is.
first 6 hours: everyone talks about how if they lived in the scammers state they would bash them
first 2 days: everyone gets tierd about talking about how they will do stuff, and goes back to the comfort of the offtopic area
7 days later: the post is on page 12 , never to be read again.

and the two later scenarios:

someone who read the post, but has forgotten that that person ever had a dodgy dealing sees a too-good-to-be-true PowerFC and gets scammed again.

the dodgy person signs up a new user account and screws people under a different name.

We set up forumscams.com.au a while ago as an initiative between the big sites in australia, but really the only way to get real change happening is by listing these people on a government database... Now with scamwatch.gov.au if they screw enough people they will be prosecuted. Name Shaming them on a forum gets you nowhere in the longrun.

#6 Skidder

• Car:RB20 S13

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:16 AM

Good idea loz ;) liking these clean up motions :D keep up the good work!!

Oh and thanks for the walkthrough :) all very true!!

#7 TonyL

• Car:Alto Works

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

View Postloz-webmaster, on Nov 3 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

I have NEVER seen a situation that we have not been able resolve where all parties are happy.
*looks at AutoBarn*

#8 GROOV3

• Car:EVO

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

traders should just get a reps system like ebay

#9 i want a silvia

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

View PostTonyL, on Nov 4 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

*looks at AutoBarn*

*looks at Liquidity*

#10 Guest_Umai Naa!!_*

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Liquidity is starting to pay his dues with some quality NWS material of late, so hmm.

#11 -SYK-

• Car:S15

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

View Posti want a silvia, on Nov 4 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

View PostTonyL, on Nov 4 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

*looks at AutoBarn*

*looks at Liquidity*

Hah i was a newbie back in the days of the Liquidity scandal and i always chuckle on how often someone mentions that issue after a post on his anywhere!

I see where Loz would be coming from with some less throughful end users blowing misunderstanding out of proportion; but as an end user myself, it has been handy to keep a list of often-complained about traders.

#12 d-shiznit

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

I posted bad feedback in a sponsors feedback thread, and this got deleted.
I think this is very biased...

Following is what I posted, with names withheld. maybe a moderator / admin can tell me what to change so it will not be deleted??

I was sent injectors with the WRONG collars.
(person) didn't know they were the wrong collars, and gave me completely wrong advice on how to fit them, telling me I didn't even need collars. I had to find websites and pictures to convince him they wthat what he sent was wrong.

When I finally managed to convince him, he told me he would not swap the wrong collars for the correct ones, as he didn't have stock and didn't want to order just one set of collars, it wasn't cost effective unless he ordered many. ALSO he wanted me to pay extra for the correct collars, even though other shops sell them for the same price as the wrong ones he sent.

When I asked for a full refund, he refused, offering to refund only the collars as the injectors were correct.
I asked him to refund the price of buying the collars from another shop, he refused, offering a much lower price - saying something about the current exchange rate.

We argued over the phone, and he hung up on me. He also rejected my call when I tried to call him back.

After posting my story on this forum, which subsequently got deleted, he called back and offered to sell me a different brand of injectors, for over $100 more, which did not require collars.
I refused, and again asked for a full refund.

(person) finally agreed to give me a full refund - but initially tried to minus the postage cost. I argued again, and we finally settled on a full refund - with me covering the cost of posting the injectors back to him.

I found (person) ignorant of his own products, unreasonable, unfair and very argumentative.

The outcome of this is a waste of my time, and I am out of pocket the cost of posting the wrong parts back.
Needless to say, I won't be dealing with (person) again. Ever.

Edited by d-shiznit, 05 November 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#13 HI PSI

• Car:96 S14.5

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

If you ask me that is feedback. Perhaps negative feedback but feedbcak nonetheless that people need to be aware of.

I understand that Loz believes mediation is the answer, which will resolve 99% of complaints. Only problem is mediation can take a long time and as a purchaser I would like to read feedback that may make me re-think a purchase rather than enter into mediation to resolve.

#14 -**wHiStLe**-

• Car:S15, R32

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

View Postloz, on 03 November 2008 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have been buying online for over 10 years, and NEVER been scammed.

I would NEVER send money via Bank Deposit to some random member on any forum website , no matter HOW cheap that PowerFC/Xbox Game/Inflatable Sheep is....

Paypal is ALOT more secure, and you have ALOT more chance of getting your money back if something goes wrong, C.O.D. via Australia Post is even better.

+ repz for the sheep :P

#15 Drifta-X

• Car:SR20 S13 Silvia

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

scamming alex k out of 1k gave me more pleasure then bashing him ever could

#16 talky

• Car:r32 sedan

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

View PostDrifta-X, on 19 December 2009 - 07:22 PM, said:

scamming alex k out of 1k gave me more pleasure then bashing him ever could

how the hell did u manage to scam 1k of him

#17 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

If i remember i think he bought something from him and just never paid lol.

#18 Drifta-X

• Car:SR20 S13 Silvia

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

he got me to build a quaife 6 speed seq box for him.
didn't want anything from it just the knowledge of how to do it (turned out mint btw)
borrowed some items for "coppying" and trial fitment. (engine pullys & Z32 afm)
and got $500 for shipment.
took a while to assemble and told him needed shipment $. (he forgot he allready gave it to me)
then sent toi person that bought it off him
btw coz it took me a while and time shipping from uk to aus then assemble and from melb to wa
the person who bought box from alex got pissed and was asking for some kind of refund or something similar.
alex sent him a forged engine.
i sent the box to him and he still has the engine.
so 1k to me and 3k+ to box buyer.
bashing alex would be too damn easy (if you every seen him he's a weed) this was far more fun and i gained out of it.
scammers beware
i posted a topic in vic section a while ago called how to "scam a scammer"

#19 driftmatt

• Car:S13

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

WTF hahaha

#20 Iron Chef

• Car:Datsun, Lancer GLi

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

I see EVERYTHING ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!