KE70 Engine swap, All opinions welcome. 

14 replies to this topic

#1 Cleans13yo

• Car:S13

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

So basically, I could be getting a KE70 in the upcoming week and are not that excited about the 5k with the 4k bottom end in it. It has had some work done to it but i hae 2 options i'm considering and no nothing about the setups of Toyota's so this will be a first.

I want to engine swap either a;
4AGE 16v or 20v
SR20DE

Now i can get both and being a Nissan guy i lean towards the SR but the 4age doesn't have any bad points. I have researched both this on google, and have found soe topics but nothing with really prices in them and they're fairly old.

I just want information like, will the SR20DE drop in? Vice-versa, What other items do i need that the KE driveline can't adjust to etc.

Any information would be awesome, thank you.

#2 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

suss out rollaclub.com.au

or look up blingcommanders build thread on his ae86.

#3 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

4age's are waayy overpriced for what they are.

SR20DE goes allright

#4 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

18rg that's shit! just drive it till the 4k donk shits itself then engine swap... you wont get any $$ for the old motor so may aswell get some fun out of it :thumb:

#5 WPN-X7

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

you can pick up a redtop sr20det package for what some people want for a complete 4age package.

and itll go 20 times better to.

#6 SpotMan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

this is true, 4ages are way over priced, been looking at some for my bros ae82... only thing with having a sr20 is having to deal with driving a car that sounds like a truck :lol:

#7 Cleans13yo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah i got quoted for a 4age with xxxxxxx k's with just the intake for 900. The 4k/5k has some work done so I'm taking it for a drive this weekend. I read on ae86drivingclub.com.au someone sells SR20DE kits for KE70s, so maybe that could be an avenue? But with upgrading or engine swapping, i'd have to upgrade the brakes etc to. I just want a little more power thats all, and if i can get the SR20DE dropped in, wired up and everything running for a decent price i think it'd be worth it. I know nothing about these carbie motors :\

#8 SpotMan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

carbies motors are simple as, no wiring at all. if you want just a bit more power maybe turbo your motor? heard of a few people doing it with small turbos.

#9 ffracer

• Car:s13

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

mate just dropped a ca18 into his. was relatively easy. custom engine and gearbox mounts (nothing too hard) and tail pipe. he also swapped rear diff for r31 item. if ur good with a welder. everything just seem to fit nicely.

#10 Cleans13yo

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Oh alright, I haven't got it yet but looking at it tomorrow. Has anyone ever done a RB20 into a KE? Is the engine bay to small? have to custom cut into the firewall? Not that i want to, but it is different haha.

Well, not a fan of the CA, it's either a SR20DE or a 4AGE, i really only like the 20v bigports but a 16v would be fine. Custom engine mounts and little things don't seem to much of a hassle either.

#11 SpotMan

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

yeah i think garage7 put a rb30 in a ke, which is similar sized.. They are really heavy tho... Theres nothing wrong with a good ca...

#12 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

rb20 in a KE would be GAAAYYYY

SpotMan, on 28 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

carbies motors are simple as, no wiring at all. if you want just a bit more power maybe turbo your motor? heard of a few people doing it with small turbos.
my conversion needed all of 4 wires to run. so maybe 10-12 all up to get everything working

#13 WPN-X7

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

funnily enough theres a guy here in sa with a rb20 in a blue ke70. goes alright to. ge notched out the firewall n shit to fit it however.

#14 mop

• Car:s15

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

My litlw brother has a blue ke also and he has a rb20 in it, still a project in the works, he is doing all the fab work himself,

cut the firewall right out and cylinder 5 is behind the firewall line. Has custom made his own firewall n trans tunnel to allow easy removal of everything.
Atm he is customising a Volvo rear end to suit.

Ps sorry for thread revival.

#15 Crigrarge

• Car:Suzy Snow

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Considering the low deck height of the boxer engine and the way that the engine is situated so far back in the engine bay, I dont see too much else fitting in there, certainly not a 2JZ.

If anything, Id think a STi swap into the 86 will be popular.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!