Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
rangefinder or mirrorless? - Hardtuned.net

rangefinder or mirrorless? 

2 replies to this topic

#1 GBear

• Car:Nissan S13 '93 180SX

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

On a recent overseas trip my camera gear got stolen. super sad face =(

i'm getting it all replaced as they were all insured but i couldn't help but notice that i felt so much lighter without my DSLR, i've always travelled with an SLR and this time i felt free without the burden!

so it got me thinking, what if i got a lighter camera just for travelling.

anyone recommend a good lightweight camera and i don't want point and shoot so I was looking at something like the Fujifilm X100 or one of the mirrorless cameras like the Sony or Olympus but then with those I'd probably have extra lenses so, leaning on the Fuji X100 as a good contender.

i read that rangefinders are good for travelling.

Key things i'm looking for are to be able to shoot in RAW and have full manual control when I to.

budget is between $1500 - $2000, I did see that Leica are releasing the X2 soon as well.

#2 Ash_32

• Car:1990 Nissan 180sx

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Have you looked at the Nikon 1 series at all? I just picked up the j1 the cheaper of the 2 and it does the key things your after. Best part is was only $820 with the twin lense kit

#3 019

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

canon g12 or g1x may be fine. built in zoom lens, full manual controls and shoots in RAW. i have one and its small enough to carry around in a pouch on my belt (i never leave home without it) they are also well under your budget. but, they do use a much smaller sensor than the fuji x100 if that matters.

after looking at the x100 the x10 also looks good.

Edited by bike19, 21 May 2012 - 08:50 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!