Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Discussion 3 - Suspension & Coil-overs - Hardtuned.net - Page 8

Discussion 3 - Suspension & Coil-overs 

226 replies to this topic

#211 OO SKYLINE OO

• Car:R33 GTS-T

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:39 PM

Anyone know how to adjust the height on HSD HR series coilovers on an R33 GTS-t?

I had a set installed by a tyre fitter and they are way too low.

Also if anyone runs these on an R33, what height would you recommend for drift (Spring Rate is 8 front 7 rear)?

Edited by OO SKYLINE OO, 27 April 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#212 *Dru51E*

• Car:180sx

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

tru

#213 bae51c

• Car:Nissan S15, Spec S, ADM.

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

Cusco Zero2 coilovers... F=8kg. R=6kg. Damperners set to softest.
Cusco castor rods.
Whiteline adj. sway bars.
Bee R rear pineapples
Jic front strut
Trust rear strut
JJR B pillar brace

lowered 1.5inch maybe from stock.
-1.0deg front camber
-1.5deg rear camber

no problems running 18x7.5 +32mm and 18x8.5 +35mm.
225/40r18, 235/40r18
with untouched guards.

#214 alchemis

• Car:FD

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

guys,

i have some question over here... i was browsing the net for some suspension... but i saw some website's coilover product list... they actually seperate the front and rear into different product code...

the interesting part is they have S13 REAR, and S14/S15 using the same REAR geometry

my question is that...

1) what about the fronts ? the only other Nissan car available on the list is N15 N16 (Almera). does it mean that Nissan N15 and N16 are sharing the same Front suspension as the Silvia S13 S14 and S15 ?

same suspension is what i mean by same measurement, same type of suspension, same geometry... i believe there will definitely be difference in term of damping force and also the spring rate...

need help to clear this doubt..

thanks in advanced

#215 drummerboi

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13 SR20DET

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:11 PM

thanks for the help

#216 Snixtor

• Car:'91 Q's S13

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

I've got an S13 with fairly old suspension that squeeks, groans and clunks. I think the whole lot needs replacing, bushes, suspension, springs, (what else is there?) Currently on there is mostly stock suspension parts I think, with GAB adjustable suspension and what look like stock height springs.

Ideally I want something adjustable to give me the best of both worlds in terms of comfort vs handling, is this attainable? I'm considering a set of Whiteline bushes (or some other nolethane parts) and Tein adjustable coilovers with the EDFC. Would this be a good combination? What other worn parts might I need to consider replacing? Is the adjustment on the Tein coilovers suitable to give me a super-comfy ride when I'm pounding out the miles on the highway and then tighten them up for the bends?

#217 northsideimports

• Car:sr20de manual s13

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

im running on stock suspension, dont no wether to go ultra low kings or just save and get a pair for the rear and just ultra king the fronts? what do you guys rekon??

#218 driftline

• Car:nissan 200sx

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

I brought set of Cusco Zero 2 suspentions for my 180sx and cant fit front ones with my R17 rims tried swapping rims still hitting suspention. Why do they didnt do it correctly, hate spacers and i dont want to use them.

#219 TURBOED

• Car:s14

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:34 AM

View Postdriftline, on 18 March 2010 - 11:48 PM, said:

I brought set of Cusco Zero 2 suspentions for my 180sx and cant fit front ones with my R17 rims tried swapping rims still hitting suspention. Why do they didnt do it correctly, hate spacers and i dont want to use them.

Just so u know for the future its suspenSion not suspenTion.

As for coil overs, when u say " why do they didnt do it correctly" :wacko: I'm presuming you were thinking that coil overs would fix stock suspension hitting wheels?

it sounds as though u need spacers, if u dont want to use them, then bad luck. You will have to buy new rims! get a better offset rim. IE. +25 instead of +45. if your front rims are wide ie 10" they probably wont work either.

#220 Jedwardo

• Car:R31 Silhouette

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Ive got a Nissan silvia s13 91'. I'm not sure what after market shocks it has but they have almost no play in them. I use this car as a daily driver so the suspension is fine until I get to bumps in the road, cattle grids and train tracks.

Is it possible to get comfortable suspension with some sporty aspects that doesn't destroy spines.
It is possible to install a device with a switch like on newer cars which swaps between hard/soft suspension.

thanks,

#221 Jedwardo

• Car:R31 Silhouette

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) http://www.tein.com/products/edfc.html
Do I need to buy tein suspension to use the EDFC? or does it work with most coil over suspension with adjustable tops.

if not,
Does anybody make a universal EDFC?

#222 deadsetdriftingS13

• Car:S13

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

iv been reading alot about coilovers as im in the process of buying some, but i havnt seen any discussion about BC coilovers?

#223 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostdeadsetdriftingS13, on 09 May 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

iv been reading alot about coilovers as im in the process of buying some, but i havnt seen any discussion about BC coilovers?
deadsetbullshit

#224 deadsetdriftingS13

• Car:S13

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

deadset thanks for helping.

#225 Chich.

• Car:S15 + Sileighty

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hahaha! if you havent found a bc coilover conversation on NS, turn off your computer and go back to books... do a search mate, there will be more to read about BC's than you would care to go through.

#226 razvan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

What's differences between having your car higher vs lower in the rear?

#227 Projekkt

• Car:180SX SR20DET

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys, I've been sitting on Pedders Sports Ryder Xtremes for a coupe of years now and I think it's time to change. They're great on the open road, but as soon as I head up to the hills I find my ability to grip is appalling. It seems that what I have is more suited for track use, small imperfetions in the road (esspecially the inside of corners) cause me to essentially loose the ground benieth me.

Can anyone recommend a suspenssion setup for street/hills?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!