Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
basic sr20det timing chain, timing marks diagram - Hardtuned.net

basic sr20det timing chain, timing marks diagram 

4 replies to this topic

#1 speedjunkie

• Car:A31 CEFIRO

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

This is a small post for changing or removing and reinstalling a timing chain with no timing marks. I recently decided to upgrade my head gasket and head studs and found a non genuine nissan chain with NO TIMING MARKS which has turned into a huge pain in the arse as i wanted to reuse the chain and i could not find this little peice of information any where. I hope this helps any one in the same situation, luckily one of my mates just so happened to have a brand new chain laying around his house.
THIS DIAGRAM WAS MADE USING A GENUINE NISSAN CHAIN MAKE SURE YOUR CHAIN HAS THE SAME NUMBER OF LINKS IF USING THIS GUIDE!

Attached Image: sr20det timing chain.jpg

#2 RPS14...

• Car:rps14

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

download thge s13 factory service manual and follow the steps it is very easy to do it will also tell you how to set the cas,

cheers tom if not i can tell you

#3 PriceySR20DET

• Car:1994 nissan 180sx

Posted 05 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

Well you've saved me a Sh*& load of pain and stress. Thanks mate
Daniel

#4 yellow_S15

• Car:200SX S15

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

WOOT SAVED, this will help put heaps in the next month

#5 green_pea

• Car:180esex bro

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

i will just add. don't skimp out and get an aftermarket chain with a link. my chain was put on correct way and the link came off 1.5 years later puttering down the street @ 2000rpm. genuine nissan chain has no links. dont make the same mistake i did, buy genuine nissan

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!