This isn't super comprehensive but should give those attempting it themselves a good idea of whats involved.
First you need to remove the front bar. Start by removing all the screws/bolts holding the plastic under-guard. There is also a screw holding the bar on each side inside the wheel arch. Then you need to remove an internal bolt on each side which can be accessed from the now partially open area from the wheel arch. I had to use an extension socket and it was actually a real pain in the ass. Finally when you lift the bonnet, you can see a few more screws holding the bar, remove them and the bar should come off.
Now you need to remove the old intercooler located on the front passenger side. Just remove any bolts you can see holding it down and disconnect the piping. Keep all hose clamps you take off as you will need to reuse some (or if their in bad shape, just replace them).
I also removed these two objects (don't know what they're called) for ease of access.
The next thing I did was to run in the GKtech piping. This is how it all connects in case your wondering.
Now install the intercooler. Just a tip, dont force any bolts, if they get too tight, take them out and try again because you don't want to thread them. I think some of the bolts supplied may have been a bit too long so if you find this problem, you can either grind them down a bit or use more washers to space it out. Also, don't fully tighten all the bolts so you can have a little play whilst connecting the piping and or getting the intercooler position right.
I had to a bit of trial and error but finally worked it out. Attach the top bracket to the intercooler and attach the bracket to where your bonnet release is via the spacer and long bolt supplied. I think I had to remove the stock bolt that was in the bonnet release assembly. The GKtech screw provided is perfectly threaded to fit in there.
Then you can attach the two bottom brackets and you will find that these brackets can connect to holes in the under chasis and surprise surprise, the GKTech bolts are threaded perfectly for them. On the drivers side bracket, one of the holes didn't align perfectly so I just drilled the hole out on the bracket one or two millimieters.
Connect up the piping to the intercooler, tighten all bolts and make sure the hose clamps are all on tight. Give each pipe a good tug to make sure. And now you should have something like this:
Also make sure you connect the brass tee-off to the new intercooler pipe in the engine bay and connect the pipe going to the wastegate solenoid. (if you leave this off, you could very well damage you engine).
At this point, I cable tied all the stuff hanging down so it wouldn't hit my wheels or the road and I took it for a test drive. Make sure there are no leaks. If there is a leak, you would notice by a lack of boost. Also, make sure (if you have a boost guage) that it isn't overboosting. The reason I would take it for a test drive now is that you don't want to put everything back together and then realise a problem. BTW, be discreet in case of the popo.
Now the final bit is the trimming. Nothing structural or metallic needs to be cut. Only the plastic underguard and a bit of the bar. I used a combination of a die grinder and tin snips and used a jigsaw for the bar. You will need to cut a fair bit off. Just trial and error. Same with the bar, cut a bit, see if it will fit,cut a bit more, see if it will fit and so forth.
At this point, it was getting dark on a Sunday and I needed my car for work so the trimming isn't the best. I'll fix it up next time I needto take my bar off.
Once you happy that everything is going to fit, put everything back the way you took it off. Helps if someone can give you a hand because those 'internal bolts' have little flouro coloured plastic widgets which fall out very easily but are needed to grab the bolt.
If anybody has any questions or thinks I should add something, feel free to let me know.
Edited by Smiley235, 25 October 2010 - 07:27 AM.