Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Nokia Lumia 920, anyone got one? - Hardtuned.net

Nokia Lumia 920, anyone got one? 

10 replies to this topic

#1 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

What's the verdict on these?

#2 s15_is_sx

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

The hardware seems good, but they run windows phone.

#3 DRE20

• Car:97 s14a

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

Awesome phone man. You can't change ur SMS tones to a custom ring tone yet but give it a few weeks for root tools to become available then it will be even more awesome. I got one on Monday and I think its very fast, loud ringer, nice and fluent to use, colours are very bright, screen is big and lushios, the camera is pretty darn good too

#4 DRE20

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Also, if ur going to buy one outright go to Telstra, cheapest there is, $694. Its network unlocked too, bonus.

#5 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm keen to give one of these a try. Apparently Micro$not are a little pissed off that people are seeing the "Nokia" part as more important than the "Windows Phone OS" part :lol:

#6 TURBOED

• Car:s14

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I am most impressed with the Camera, as HTC and I phones still struggle in low light, but with a Carl Zeiss lens it is from all accounts much stronger than other phones in this area.

The drawback at this stage is lack of mainstream apps available for i phones and android though. Amazing you can't change the ring tone though?

#7 DRE20

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Ring tone u can change but not SMS or calender or email alert noises. U can set an mp3 for ringtone or alarm if u like

#8 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostTURBOED, on 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I am most impressed with the Camera, as HTC and I phones still struggle in low light, but with a Carl Zeiss lens it is from all accounts much stronger than other phones in this area.

The drawback at this stage is lack of mainstream apps available for i phones and android though. Amazing you can't change the ring tone though?
Expect a push with the apps pretty soon. It will probably go through the same stages as iOs and Android did though, all of the apps at the start are kinda lackluster, but they get better over time.

Also, expect that ringtone thing to sort itself out pretty quick too. Although you might have to root it for the first few OS releases. Iirc, Microsoft were openly encouraging users to root the device and were handing out free t-shirts to the first few, so this kind of development is highly encouraged by M$ (for a change...).

#9 GHOSTY

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

My brother just got one. He says the camera technology is phenominal, still and video images are amazing, phone is fast and fluent, only down side was the immaturity of the app market at this stage but obvioulsy that will take off soon. I'm pretty keen to get one but still got 9 months left on my SGS2 MRO :(

#10 GHOSTY

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I got one yesterday, took a while to get used to and understand the whole Windows 8 thing, after 48hrs of playing with it and learning to customise, I like it. Still lots more learning to do.

On a side note, anyone wanna buy my SGS2? ..PM me if interested :)

#11 chrisjohnson

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

Nokia Lumia is dead now, better to get Samsung

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!