Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Jeremy Clarkson suspended - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

Jeremy Clarkson suspended 

27 replies to this topic

#1 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

Apparently JC punched a producer in the face on set... he's been suspended, Sunday's UK airing of the show has been cancelled.

What do you reckon?

Do they have a show without Clarkson? Do you like him? Hate him?

Personally I want to like topgear but I find it a bit painful to watch these days. It's nice to see the flashy cinematography for a few minutes, I'll leave it at that.

#2 Tim Sil80

• Car:Sileighty

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

Don't care about the show, never really been a fan. I would much rather watch high octane dvd's or hpi dvd's.

#3 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

I used to like Topgear when it was less of a "lifestyle featuring cars" show, but I still find it reasonably entertaining if and when I see it these days.

The reality is that they don't have a show without Clarkson. Hammond and the other guy don't have the charisma to carry the show, and they rely on JC's assshole character for most of the comedy. They will likely reinstate him, given the money it makes, or cancel the show. Either way, I doubt the sensibilities of the producer will be of greater importance to them than the BBC's profit margins, and that will be that.

JC has made a bucket of cash from Top Gear, so he most certainly won't give a sliver of a f**k whatever happens.

#4 adm15

• Car:s15

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Yeah clarkson is a bit of an arrogant c**tface but as pmod said there is no show without him. They will definitely reinstate him as the other two are as useless as diesel in an sr20. My 2c.

#5 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

As previously said, i find Top Gear to be tedious these days, havent watched an ep for a while.

In any case, people still watch it, and the day Clarkson leaves the set for good is the day Top Gear stops filming.

Love him or hate him, Jeremy Clarkson IS Top Gear.

#6 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Topgear is OK but it would be much better served by having less staged 'dumb blokes' garbage and more car features. wouldnt hurt to review cars that are within the reach of mainstream too.

#7 junkie

• Car:S14a

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Fifth Gear is great for mainstream cars and proper reviews without the sillyness

#8 Spazo

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

I dunno... 5th gear is kinda gay with Tiff and that other bloke, it's like an old boys club too. I just don't like them, or find them funny (despite all the chuckling going on) maybe it's me that has a problem lol. And just like topgear, they aren't as objective as you'd like with the challenges. Varvs is on the money though, Top gear really falls short in that it's mostly super cars... I couldn't give a shit about a la ferarri or bugatti. At least fifth gear review cars that we could afford.

Edited by Spazo, 12 March 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#9 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

James May comments on Jeremy Clarkson's suspension. It's hilarious

http://www.telegraph...bUqaIBJlchHlMJG

#10 1.5J 180

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostTim Sil80, on 11 March 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Don't care about the show, never really been a fan. I would much rather watch high octane dvd's or hpi dvd's.

Ah High Octane starring... Ketzal 'Gay Boy' Sterling haha. Enjoy giving those a watch too

No Top Gear without Clarkson tho. His questionable comments are good for a laugh if nothing else

#11 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

High Octane... oh man those were the days...

#12 Joobie

• Car:RPS13 Type X

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

I can't see them sacking JC the same way I can't see them cancelling the show even if they did. Top Gear would still make money for at least a season after he leaves and like any major business, they'll keep dragging it on until its beaten black and blue and everyone cringes at the mention of the name. Kinda like when you hear 'blue waffle'.

That said, I do enjoy watching it. Shit can be hilarious. Wanted to go to the festival that is coming up, but don't think I can make it :(

#13 Spazo

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

Bbc cancelled the last episode of tg.. Game over maybe

#14 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

I enjoyed top gear in the earlier seasons but recently they have cut alot out of it, the recent ep of an ambulance showed them in no way actually building the ambulances themselves they just turned up with cars modified and its like 'cool....'

When they built cars in earlier season the episode was packed of them messing around building the cars, which made you feel abit more interested in the build.

Also i never watch the "Star in a reasonably priced car" i even fast forwarded the recent ep with daniel ricardo.. its boring.. Yeah sure some of these people can drive really really fast or they are funny, but still no interest at all in it.

It would be sad to see the show go, as in the end the more Automotive presence the world has especially with guys who mess around the more down to earth the car scene is, and the more dumb people who dont know cars still know 'Top Gear'

#15 Varvs

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

I disagree. I think if anything the car community should be distanced from the likes of Clarkson and the TopGear formula.

most people see him as obnoxious and self serving and the show as 'dumb lads playing with expensive toys' - the latter point being next level given that they dont even own or maintain the cars they drive, its just a review loaner.

Enthusiasts are trying to collectively shake that idea of gearheads and shows like Top Gear dont help, in my opinion.

#16 Element Unknown

• Car:1993 KRPS13

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:12 AM

Clarkson was the whole reason i stopped watching that show ages ago. and really from a format standpoint, the model was more geared towards shitty TV rating grabbing entertainment for deadhead mouthbreathing fanboys.

IMHO there are and have been many other great shows springing up out of youtube (Drive, The Smoking Tyre, Motortrend etc) making it pretty big (Drive got picked up by NBCSN i believe) that hold more appeal.

Edited by HumanHefner, 13 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#17 Tim Sil80

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

Anyone know why they stopped making the high octane dvd's ???

#18 B00sted180

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostHumanHefner, on 13 March 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

IMHO there are and have been many other great shows springing up out of youtube (Drive, The Smoking Tyre, Motortrend etc) making it pretty big (Drive got picked up by NBCSN i believe) that hold more appeal.

I recently got into a series called Fast N' Loud. Its about a business called Gas Monkeys in America who try to buy/sell cars for a profit. Sometimes modifying/restoring if there is a profit to me made. It has some humour in it, and just has a genuine fun feel to the series.

#19 Varvs

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Regular car reviews is pretty good. The humor is a bit hit and miss, but most of the time its OK. he also gets a little too philosophical at times but still good fun.

Choice clips
Regular Car Reviews: 1985 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno, Part 1
Regular Car Reviews: 1991 Toyota MR2 SW20 Turbo
Regular Car Reviews: 2000 Honda S2000
Regular Car Reviews: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Regular Car Reviews: 2013 Scion FRS and Subaru BRZ
Regular Car Reviews: 1986 Toyota MR2 AW11

He has a 240SX (180sx) review in the works.

#20 Pointless dribbler

• Car:94 180sx

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:44 PM

I like top gear but lately its gotten a bit stale. I don't think I'd miss it that much actually.

Roadkill on youtube is awesome for that making shit from shit and thrashing it kind of thing.
Then Chris Harris, Drive and the odd Jay Leno's garage and I've got my automotive entertainment covered.

#21 1.5J 180

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostTim Sil80, on 13 March 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

The most recent DVD 'Detonate' got pirated heaps so didn't make the profit...

#22 Tim Sil80

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

View Post1.5J 180, on 13 March 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostTim Sil80, on 13 March 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

The most recent DVD 'Detonate' got pirated heaps so didn't make the profit...

Ahh ok, I thought they might have been dealing something and got caught haha.

#23 Element Unknown

• Car:1993 KRPS13

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

man this thread made me go back over on all my YouTube subs :)
some of my notable subs.

#24 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

The main thing I will miss about Clarkson is his open, unapologetic and absolute contempt for popular opinion.

Nothing satisfies me more than to see all the hipsters and soccer mums have a bitch about something Clarkson said, only for him to be let off with a slap on the wrist.

The social media tizzy that would result from Clarkson returning to Top Gear once again would be the main reason I want to see him come back.

I am so sick of these self righteous social justice warriors (who have never watched the show to begin with) constantly trying to bludgeon media companies to bend in favor of their naive, beige, playschool, 'participation award' world view. People with the gall to give those pansies the finger are a rare gift to the world.

Edited by Chappy, 16 March 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#25 adm15

• Car:s15

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:01 AM

Just read an article on 7 news stating that clarkson has been given his marching orders. Apparently his contract runs out in a month and won't be renewed. I'm very surprised at the outcome. Obviously the BBC has had enough of his bad publicity and are distancing themselves.

#26 Varvs

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

If you or I went on a 30min racial, slur-filled rant at your boss and then took a swing, you'd be fired too.

just because hes talent doesnt mean he should be treated any better than anyone else.

maybe the show will reinvent itself into something better. the current formula of old mates doing dumb things was getting pretty tired.

#27 gomanji

• Car:Silvia & AE86 coupe

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

If they try to perserveer with top gear now that Clarkson is gone the show won't last , it'll be like 2 and a half men without Charlie Sheen. ghey

They should just sh*t can the the whole show now and start fresh. new name,new crew, new direction. The worst thing they could do is try recreate top gear , ever seen top gear Australia that show was woeful.

#28 chris_c30

• Car:s14a 200sx

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

show was getting boring and repetitive i think it needs to quit while people still love it rather then die down slowly, clarkson and the others will continue on to do other projects as they always have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!