Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
S15 Ignition barrel jammed - Hardtuned.net

S15 Ignition barrel jammed 

6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Brown

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

Hey guys,

Got a issue with my S15 and just wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue.

So preparing to sell it and was doing some work on it the other day and had the key in the ignition on acc and battery was disconnect (forgot key was in ignition) anyway now the key has become stuck in the ignition, it turns fine from acc to on-start but just won't turn to LOCK to allow me to remove the key. Have pulled ignition switch off for a look and no change, also just wondering if anyway can point into the right direction of workshop manual or other reading to allow me to remove the barrel if need be. Any tips/ advice would be much appreciated cheers.

#2 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

Spray crc or similar into it and wiggle the key around, avoid wd40, it's the worst shit around. Failing that take it to a locksmith.

Edited by S15 sxytime, 04 February 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#3 Michael Brown

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Any idea on have difficult it is to remove the barrel cause if I can get the barrel and key out as one I'll
Take it to lock smith like that and get it repaired as per requirements

#4 S15 sxytime

• Car:S15 GT spec R

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

I've never taken an S15 ignition barrel out,but it shouldn't be to hard if you have some mechanical ability, or get a workshop manual, if not most locksmiths will come to you.

#5 Michael Brown

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Yeah sweet I've got a workshop manual on my pc pretty sure I'll have a look, thanks mate I'll try get the barrel out and go from there

#6 stockblues15

• Car:JDM S15 Spec-R

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Generally silicon spray is recommended for locks. The solvent evaporates leaving behind a thin layer of silicon grease.

#7 Joshua182

• Car:R32 4 Door

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

Ignition barrel is held on with security bolts, can undo them with a centre punch and hammer if you pull steering column off and put it in a vice with the bolt heads facing up. Mark a line with a paint pen across the end of steering shaft/universal joint before removing to make easier to re-align on assembly and take pinch bolt fully out of universal joint (not just loosen) to remove.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!