Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
sr20det hose kit - Hardtuned.net

sr20det hose kit 

Who sell those?
4 replies to this topic

#1 mimz

• Car:s14 200sx

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Looking to do some preventative maintenance over the xmas. Where can I get a complete hose kit for sr20det? Mainly interest in pre-molded hose as other I can get from auto store and cut to length.
Cheers

#2 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

I bought a generic Chinese silicone kit off eBay and it has been absolutely fine. In fact, the hoses have been so fine that they survived an oil-starvation engine failure that resulted in the alloy between the two rear cylinder sleaves being destroyed, and enough heat that the knock sensor melted.

It wasn't any special brand, just a generic multi-layer silicone kit made in China and sold cheaply through eBay.

#3 pmod

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

Also, if you replace your vacuum lines, only buy cheap rubber vacuum hose. Rubber vacuum lines hold their shape whereas the thin silicone vacuum lines collapse with the heat, at least that has been my experience.

#4 mimz

• Car:s14 200sx

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Ty for that.
Any idea on how many hose in total?
Some have 9 and some have 10 on ebay.

#5 pmod

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

Best thing is to look at the hoses depicted in the heater hose diagram in the S14 FSM, then tick off what comes in the kit. The kit I bought was missing a few hoses and had at least one I couldn't seem to use, but otherwise it was ok. If there's a hose that no kit contains, hit up TAARKS for an oem replacement of that missing hose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!