32 GTR problem 

3 replies to this topic

#1 hewe

• Car:r32 gtr

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

Gday,
Recently had a r32 gtr imported, but have run into some trouble.

Picked the car up the other week, they drove it on and off the boat but they ran it out of fuel at some point, which we though would be an easy fix by filling it back up with the jerry can we brought with us. Only bad thing was we couldn't start it, the cars immobilizer wouldn't let the fuel system work or something and the alarm went off, the car would lock and unlock and kick over but no power would go to the cd player or power fc computer or hand controller when the ignition was on. we brought a new battery thinking it might help, which it didn't. we tried to play around with the wiring to the turbo timer. that only made it worse, now it wont electronically lock or unlock, power to the immobilizer had now vanished, but will still kick over. Checked fuses, which all are fine.

Ended up getting it towed to my house were it sits now. Has anybody encountered this before? and or know how to fix it? thanxs. besides that its better than i expected :) just want to drive it!!

#2 Edd-GTR

• Car:1989 BNR32 GTR

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'd suggest fixing up the TT wiring. I'd say you're not using the alarm/immobiliser correctly.

There is a possibilty that running the fuel pump with no fuel in the car has f**ked the pump. If the above doesn't work, try this:

Pull the pump out.
Stick it in a bucket of fuel and connect a couple of wires up to a battery and see if fuel comes out.

OBVIOUSLY BE VERY CAREFUL THERE IS NO SPARKING AT ALL!

#3 hewe

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

View PostEdd-GTR, on 20 July 2010 - 06:30 PM, said:

I'd suggest fixing up the TT wiring. I'd say you're not using the alarm/immobiliser correctly.

TT is removed atm, i think when we might have shorted out the immobilizer when we first played with the wires to it.

#4 hewe

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

Took the car to JAZMAC, the problem was the power fc, he put a stock computer in and it started straight away. now just waiting for the pfc to get fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!