My fabrication pics 

83 replies to this topic

#31 ISL33P

• Car:R31 & R32

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Sick of custom plenums......well there is more coming LOL but for the time being, here are a couple of a surge tank and breather I made recently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 ISL33P

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

it has been way too long

....a few from the weekendas promised. This is all done using straight, 100% argon.......BRING back my helium mix PLEASE!!!! My duty cycle went down the sh1tter!!!

XR6 "Race Version"

Posted Image Posted Image

Mitch, you might like this LOL. This customer has come to me for his 3rd intake manifold.The previous have both cracked and leaked!!!

Isuzu G200 LPG Turbo which will incorporate "Nitrous pro-flow' burst panel

On another note, these are some of my latest products I am brining out. These are replacement of standard items for the VL Commodore as well as custom made..more models coming soon... I am actually looking for a car to sponsor if anyone is interested....preferably S15 200SX, so PM if you are in the Wollongong/Sydney/Sout Coast area and are after a bucket load of aluminium goodies

Aluminium replacement fusebox cover

Fuse box replacement catch can

4.5 litre surge tank with dual -8 outlets

Cheers,
Ariel

#33 ISL33P

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Finally a bit of an update....have been flat out getting back on track after the purchase of a new welder. Only the surge tank and turbo flange have been done with the new welder.

Apart from plenums for 4G63, RB20, RB20 (in matt black :shades: ) , RB30, SR20, G200 I thought I would post up some pics of the kind of work there seems to be a bit of a demand for. The plenums aren't slowing down, I just put the word out there that I can do this kind of work and people seem to catch on.

Turbo Suzuki Swift GTI - weld exhaust manifold, weld fuel lines, build radiator end tanks and mounts as well as modified radiator support to mount it & intercooler piping

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Intercooler for VL Turbo - it's one massive mofo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welding of new new t3 flange to chinese exhaust manifold

Posted Image

Twin 044 fuel pump undercar surge tank for VL circuit car - coming soon for R32's :thumb:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To keep this thread going, I will have pics of the plenum work I have done recently over the weekend since they are being finalised for delivery.

Happy Welding,
Ariel

#34 Type R

• Car:Jzx100000000

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

welds look nice and clean , keep up with the good work !

#35 ben 0

• Car:s13

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Bit of undercut in the pipe a few pics up. Love
the a undercar surge setups, will be interested in the 32 ones

#36 ISL33P

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Just a few of a couple of things I done on the weekend. I think I have got this new welder dialled in....just some minor things I needs to polish up on but it's good progress in my eyes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Happy welding,
Ariel

#37 ALL-W3T

• Car:Bluebird

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Stunning! Keep the pics comming!

#38 ISL33P

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

I have been a busy little elf, filling in my week off with a little bit of work, tying up some loose ends really. All pics are taken, straight after it has been welded, no cleaning at all

Custom Fuel Cell - with internal pumps on custom mounts, completely baffled, rear extension acting as internal surge tank/extra baffling, removable lid for access to pumps, fuel level sender and filler lid along with return and one way valve to be fitted. It holds some 63'ish litres. Will be coming back with the car for custom made mounts, not your average square tube.....just the norm is not good enough for this kind of work and ignore the Nissan bolts, they are being replaced with Stainless steel, button head screws....in my opinion, it's the little touches that make all the difference

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Catch can to sit on chassis rail in engine bay - internally baffled

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aain, not your average mounting bracket. Admittedly, nothing special, but not just some sheetmetal with a 90deg bend in it.

Undercar surge tank - complete with twin fuel pump bracket....ooops, I'll have pics tomorrow, didn't realise I didn't take any of it today.

I made some minor changes to the welder settings and also the way I sharpen the tungsten to try something different and through the helmet, they seemed to be in the right direction....will it ever end??? Now I am making more and more changes depending on what I am welding then ever before, maybe I should just stick to what I have, but it's hard to not to try and get better all the time.

Happy welding,
Ariel

#39 ISL33P

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Small changes to the under car surge tank, here are the pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 koguchi

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Thats some really awesome work, looks like a lot of attention to detail, those welds..stunning.

#41 datsun180

• Car:180sx

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Ever thought about doing a drop tank style fuel tank for 180sx's...?.......I'd be keen for a reasonable price. Could be external pump/surge tank set up even as long as it has a bolt on shroud. Must be baffled of course.

#42 ISL33P

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Anything can be done. If you are keen, pm me and we can go from there.

#43 tholakan

• Car:jzs 147 aristo

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Man, your welding is unbelievable! I really admire good ally welding. I've had a bit of practice with stainless but you really take it to a whole new level!

#44 ISL33P

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

cheers, thanks for that. I should be updating with some new work over the next few weeks....new design rb26 and sr20 plenums :naughty:

#45 mop

• Car:s15

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I like the sound of a drop tank hungn from any car but practicallity in a jap car isn't smart.

Most jap owners wanna slam there cars, alot of jap owners love ripple strips.
A ripple strip would make a mess of a tank hangn that low.

That hidden surge tank is clean as.
Process west make them for subies.

Nice work though man so nice.

#46 ISL33P

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the lesson in Japanese cars trends.....but that is a cell going in the "boot" of a r31 skyline which is coincidentally an Australian produced Nissan ;)

Edited by ISL33P, 01 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#47 Steppin'ItOut

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Amazing fabrications man. I wish I had your skills.

#48 mop

• Car:s15

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostISL33P, on 01 February 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Thanks for the lesson in Japanese cars trends.....but that is a cell going in the "boot" of a r31 skyline which is coincidentally an Australian produced Nissan ;)

hahaha my quote was meant for the fella above wanting a drop tank for his 180.
Wasn't intended for you buddy my bad for not quoting lol.

#49 ISL33P

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

LOL its all good

#50 kriss

• Car:A31 - CHEV

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

have you got any dyno sheet comparisons for your intake manifolds against standard ones? or anything to say they make more power, torque, response ect?

#51 ISL33P

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

You bet....I wouldnt sell anything that isn't tested. First flow tested and then dyno tested.

A lot of my work is for cars with engine conversions, one-off's, like sr's and ca's in Datsun's which are popular at the moment. Since they have such smalll engine bay's, it is a matter of applying what I have learnt from experience and applying it as best I can with the limitation of engine bay spacce that I have....a lot of plenums I fabricate are designed specifically for each car.

Having said that, I am in the process of designing and fabricating new generic sr20 and rb26 manifold's which will have flow testing, back to back dyno testing and EGT logging to prove how well they work. I already have a rb26 (26/30) test mule, but I am looking for a s15 sr20, so if anyone knows someone who would be keen for a new manifold....ppppplease pm me

Cheers,
Ariel

Edited by ISL33P, 12 February 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#52 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

Amazing stuff man! such an inspiration, i'm doing a engineering course atm, hopefully someday i will be making epic shit like this :thumb:

#53 ISL33P

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Thanks for that :thumb: :thumb: Hopefully there will be some more pics this weekend

Cheers,
Ariel

Edited by ISL33P, 16 February 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#54 ISL33P

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Here is some more of my latest work:

Machine and replace the top of a strut cover - machined the top off, not touching the baffles and replaced it with some new sheet

Posted Image

Surge tank enclosure with removeable front

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Custom porting on CA18 cylinder head finished, assembled and ready to bolt on....complete custom intake manifold coming shortly

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should be able to post up photos of the new fuel system for the Datsun ute if I finish it this weekend. Stainless steel lines from front to back as well as mounting a modified r31 fuel tank under the rear of the tray and surge tank in the front of the tray. The surge tank was going to be mounted underneath, but that will get in the way of the new suspension being installed.

New sr20 s14/15 intake manifold flanges....complete manifold coming shortly....ridiculously cheap!!! for a complete manifold, just add fuel rail and throttle body

Posted Image

Happy welding,
Ariel

#55 26_S13

• Car:s13

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

very nice mate..

#56 ISL33P

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for that....keep watching ;)

#57 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostISL33P, on 05 April 2012 - 06:22 AM, said:

New sr20 s14/15 intake manifold flanges....complete manifold coming shortly....ridiculously cheap!!! for a complete manifold, just add fuel rail and throttle body

Posted Image

do your flanges have the injector boss?

#58 ISL33P

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Only weld on's.....keeps the prices down which I'm sure everyone would appreciate and keeps the custom hand made look

#59 Shiraz200SX

• Car:200SX S14A

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

any plans to make the top half of an s14/s15 manifold?

#60 SlEePeR DR

• Car:Silbeer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Any chance of doing some specifically to suit red top SRs? Having a hell of a time trying to find one that I can justify paying the price for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!