Federal Tyres Drift Attack 2011 

59 replies to this topic

#1 YogiR33

• Car:R33 GTST

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well what an event it was, new area of the track to run a comp incorporating the high speed sweeper made for some awesome entries and close battles.

Firstly I'd like to thank our main sponsor Federal Tyres for their support at this event.

I'd also like to thank our supporting sponsors Wheeltech, ARB Dandenong, Sonic Performance by MTQ, Permaseal MLS-R and ilovedrift.com.au.

Without the sponsors support this event would not be possible.

Secondly, I'd like to thank all the drivers from interstate who made the trek to compete, was pleasing to see so many veteran drivers make an appearance. The top 4 in Pro class was reminiscent of the Drift Australia series. The Blaze unit boys never fail to impress and certainly made it look easy baking their tyres around the sweeper and into the hairpin.

Thirdly I'd like to thank the VicDrift crew and our volunteers, Cat and Jos my common sense and my motivation, thank you for your support and your hard work in getting everything done as we needed. Pinky taking care of our passenger rides on the day and for his hard work behind the scenes with our website and online entry system. Waz and Tony for organising the volunteers, helping out with the passenger rides and judging respectively. Sean for your help in the morning with making sure scrutineering went through quickly. Ben for his hard work on race control and making sure we didnt fall behind. Trav and Sonya for their help with judging and helping out in the office respectively. Steve K and Heath for their help on start line. Issac on track entry and Angie as our promo girl for the day. Handy and Jarrod for their services as our media, look forward to a great video and some awesome shots guys.

Finally, I'd like to thank you. The spectators, the friends and family of the drivers and everyone else for coming down and enjoying the show. We hope it was enjoyable and thank you for your patience with the very poor PA system we had to deal with. We had to resort to the wireless mic as both headsets failed on us during the day also.

Next round will be run on the front S so all the little issues we had will be resolved and is on Saturday 8th of October.

And now for the prizes, we will be in touch via email with the drivers who won prizes to organise payment and/or delivery of your prizes.

Pro Class
1st – Leighton Fine, Silver 1via
$4000

2nd – Mark Ure, Black R33
$2000

3rd – Nigel Petrie, Red 180SX
$1000

4th – Nathan Weissel, Black R32
2 x Federal RS-R’s,
1 x Walbro Fuel pump from Sonic Performance

Club Class
1st – Nic Ferroni, Two tone S13
$750,
Permaseal MLS-R Metal Head gasket and Turbo gasket kit,
2 x Federal RS-R’s,
1 x Walbro Fuel Pump + Garrett Boost gauge from Sonic Performance,
ARB Dandenong Hat,
ilovedrift.com.au Watch and Hoodie

2nd – Justin Stockley, Black Chaser
$500,
2 x Federal 595-SS,
Garrett Boost gauge from Sonic Performance,
ilovedrift.com.au tshirt + 2 x reservouir covers

3rd –Jason Roper, Black S13
$250,
2 x Federal 595-SS,
Federal shirt,
Garrett tshirt

4th - Robert Macready, Black R33
MLS-R hat,
Federal shirt,
Garrett tshirt

Extreme Entry Comp
Leigh Pidwell - Black 180SX
$500,
2 x Federal 595-SS

As you can see our sponsors have been very generous and so make sure you enter the next round for your chance to win some cash and some great prizes.

Now onto the pics and videos

Cheers,
Yoshi

#2 xris

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

My question is in regards to this

working with Winton to have seating, food and toilets set up at the back M for spectators and also make sure the PA system works in that area also.

It is a bit of a logistics nightmare as we will be running the extreme entry comp in the same section as last yr as well. But we'll get through it

- The only seeting was dirt or overturned Barrels.

- We along with alot of people were up the back for most of the day. We knew the Speakers were working as music played at lunch time. We heard 1 announcment over a 3 hour period

- No one knew what was going on. Long waiting in between. Needed at least a few comments to let everyone know what sections were going out and what was going on. Who won which battle.

- I was covered in battery acid for most of the day which sucked the big one :lol:

Just a few things that need to be worked on for next time. Oh and sending out Passenger rides while the Battles were on was annoying as the people doing them were better than the people in most of the battles :lol:

#3 R32Big_boy

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Tease!
Posted Image

I'm still sorting through the shots from the day, I'll have them up sortly.
Also hit the Like on my Facebook page to get yourself a discount coupon for my site, I'll be posting it up when the photos are all uploaded.
Cheers!
Jarrod.

#4 YogiR33

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Neil, totally agree on the facilities for the back section. We tried to arrange at least a food van and that was denied a week before the event. We were told the PA system works 100% yet there were still gaps at the front where people couldnt hear. Where we fell down was trying to organise a replacement for Mozz as he had to pull out a month before the event and no one else was available. We had to take turns trying to communicate somethying over the PA but difficult to do when each of us was busy with our own roles. Add to the that the headsets actually stopped working and we had to conserve battery on the wireless mic for the end of day presentation as well.

Dont worry the PA + commentator thing is a very sore note for us and one we dont want to make a mistake on again.

The passenger rides is an easy thing to fix and we will ensure its not going on as much during battles and we do it after the battle lap so judges have time to deliberate their scores.

Thanks for the feedback Neil, all of this stuff helps us to make better events. Oh and I hope your rear bar comes up ok

#5 Lgee

• Car:Bluebird SR20DET AWD

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well what a big day, Federal Tyres Drift attack, certainly bought the goods, I would like to Thank all the VicDrift crew for all their work putting together a big day, also like to thank everyone that shopped at WheelTech on the day, thanks guys, The Wheeltech ride drivers for giving the people a taste of the sideways life you guys drove well all day. To our new team member Nigel Petrie well done champ great result. Old mate Mookr you were on it all day(except for the shit burn out), Pidwell one of the best burnouts ive seen in a very long time & congrats as well, and to all the other drivers well done I didn’t get to see all the action as I was bit busy down in the shed but what I see was good, too my guys at WheelTech Cain, Damo & Steve thank you for all you efforts. DA-V2 Cant wait

#6 xris

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

View PostYogiR33, on 10 May 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback Neil, all of this stuff helps us to make better events. Oh and I hope your rear bar comes up ok
my muffler is green and corroded lol. ill have a look at fixing it this week, but who cares you dont see the back of the car while your driving it ;)

Drift GP will be a killer on the date of the next Drift Attack 2.0 should look at swapping it with November's practice day (27th) 2 weeks between the two events will mean less people attending ;)

#7 pink180

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

If you liked Drift Attack, Like this page Vicdrift on Facebook

#8 TURBOED

• Car:s14

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Was a BIG day. A bit stressful at times for the VDC team but overall it pulled together well. Always things to work on and we will be implementing these things for the next round!

Thanks to all our sponsors as Yoshi mentioned.

All the drivers put on a great show, Special thanks to all the interstate guys who came over and got to enjoy the sweeper and to all the drivers who gave us some amazing battles.

Congrats to all the winners on the day!

One of the highlights for me was our awards ceremony and burnout comp. Much better than previous years with champagne!

I got to meet some new faces and see some old schoolers i hadn't seen for ages. Another highlight was laughing and enjoying some of the attempts at extreme entry. Aggess has the wildest attempt for sure, but it didnt come out, Pidwell went in hard a few times more than 90 and pulled it back and deserved the win! Congrats. Also the smoke from Blaze showed me they have earnt there name!

The VDC team/volunteers were awesome and I would only be repeating what Yoshi said, well done guys and gals.

P.S Great Photo Jarrod. look forward to the lot.

#9 Nic19

• Car:Two tone s13

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

I had an awesome day at the event. Was super stoked to win club class, still can't believe it. Way out done my expectations for the day.

Couple of things that were annoying on the day were, passenger rides taking over when battles were on! Was taking up lots of time. Also the way club class had to loose our qualifying session and only got 1 practice lap and then straight into 2 qualifying laps. Also the lack of information of what was happening.

Anyway was a great event and I had a blast. Thanks to the vicdrift guys and all the volunteers for making it happen.

#10 bud fox

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

Where is the spectator support?? Is there a lack of advertising, the drive too far or people just don't care for drift in Victoria?

I thought there would be carloads of people having a look. Even pt gawler in SA nearly had more people in this 1 picture alone then the whole crowd on Saturday. (Ok well I exaggerate but seriously there was that little people I had to wonder what the deal was) As a drift follower in SA before I moved to Melbourne I found it disappointing about how the day was run, lack of commentary, lack of seats, lack of crowd enthusiasm and unless some big change happens probably won't be back to Winton as a spectator unfortunately. Anyway here are my pics: http://chrisw.imgur.com/driftattack

Posted Image

Edited by bud fox, 10 May 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#11 [punk_180]

• Car:R32 skyline, BA Ute

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

View Postbud fox, on 10 May 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Where is the spectator support?? Is there a lack of advertising, the drive too far or people just don't care for drift in Victoria?

I thought there would be carloads of people having a look. Even pt gawler in SA nearly had more people in this 1 picture alone then the whole crowd on Saturday. (Ok well I exaggerate but seriously there was that little people I had to wonder what the deal was) As a drift follower in SA before I moved to Melbourne I found it disappointing about how the day was run, lack of commentary, lack of seats, lack of crowd enthusiasm and unless some big change happens probably won't be back to Winton as a spectator unfortunately. Anyway here are my pics: http://chrisw.imgur.com/driftattack

Posted Image
I think Yoshi has just explained alot of the issues we had with the day and the lack of assistance from the track involved. Without the assistance from the track it is extremely hard to run these events. I saw the stress from both Yosh and Jos trying to get this event happening with the best of what we had available to us.

As yoshi said with the commentator we got up there to test the equipment on friday and could not get any sort of PA working, it wasnt untill we swapped and changed things that we were able to get the wireless mic working but then we also needed that for the end of the day.
with the crowd well running the back section was un-charted territory. I know vicdrift did ask for the assistance with seating and that was denied also.
I know that drift attack 2 will be much better and im excited about it already.

#12 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

I thought there would be carloads of people having a look. Even pt gawler in SA nearly had more people in this 1 picture alone then the whole crowd on Saturday. (Ok well I exaggerate but seriously there was that little people I had to wonder what the deal was) As a drift follower in SA before I moved to Melbourne I found it disappointing about how the day was run, lack of commentary, lack of seats, lack of crowd enthusiasm and unless some big change happens probably won't be back to Winton as a spectator unfortunately. Anyway here are my pics:

Multiple facts prove why the events are low in spectators.I'm not going to go into the depth, but it starts because the event is 2hours away from Melbourne, a return trip. with stops 5hours, Thats ALOT of time to factor into your day, So.. if the event doesnt show massive interest to you to want to waste 5hours of your day in just traveling, your not going to go..

This all falls from organisation pre-event when the event flyer comes out 1week before the event, when the website shows Drift Attack 2010 information 1week before the event, when everything gets released 1week before the event, by then people have already made plans..

#13 YogiR33

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Agree with you 100% Antonio and that was poor time management on our end with a busy Feb/Mar (3 events in 6wks) a lot of our resources were strained and didnt have the time to get momentum on a lot of things that needed to be done early. Rest assured we are already working on round 2 and planning on releasing the info much earlier and ensuring we do not repeat any of the issues of this event. We take pride in the events we run and we want them to be as good as possible.

I know no one is having a dig and just trying to provide feedback and we appreciate it.

#14 TURBOED

• Car:s14

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

View PostNic19, on 10 May 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

I had an awesome day at the event. Was super stoked to win club class, still can't believe it. Way out done my expectations for the day.

Couple of things that were annoying on the day were, passenger rides taking over when battles were on! Was taking up lots of time. Also the way club class had to loose our qualifying session and only got 1 practice lap and then straight into 2 qualifying laps. Also the lack of information of what was happening.

Anyway was a great event and I had a blast. Thanks to the vicdrift guys and all the volunteers for making it happen.

Thanks for the review Nic, congrats on the win!

Do any other drivers have any comments on the sweeper section as a battle section and the fun level? Looked amazing at times from our POV over on turn 7.

#15 DRF13

• Car:NSU Ro80

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

I really want to drive that back section

Was quite jealous of all competitors

#16 BENRYS

• Car:Jap Spec S14 vh45de

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

yoshi, thanks for everything.

one thing i will pass on, the guys who used the track the next day were MIGHTY pissed off at the condition the track was left.

dirt, grime and rubbish everywhere.... just a heads up :D

also, on the track, we had no idea what was happening. and passenger rides were anoying during battles.

Just my two cents :P cant wait for the next drift attack. and hope my car is more prepared this time

#17 Simon-S14

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

View PostDRF13, on 11 May 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

maybe stop whoring your car out and drive the f**ker:P

#18 DRF13

• Car:NSU Ro80

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostSimon-S14, on 11 May 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Hahaha

But seriously. She loves it

#19 warwick

• Car:one8

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

We pay to hire the track.
Its wintons responsibility to have it prepared for their next client/event.

Great day for drivers! i had heaps of fun.
Thanks to the crew for a fun day :)

#20 JrsA31

• Car:Jzx100

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

where the hell are all the videos and pics from this event? lol!

#21 MookRG

• Car:Skyline 33

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostDRF13, on 11 May 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostSimon-S14, on 11 May 2011 - 12:39 PM, said:

Hahaha

But seriously. She loves it

She'd probly love it a heap more if you were doing the flogging

And i'm certainly +1 on the pics

#22 Guest_Poker_in_the _Rear_*

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

View Postantonio, on 11 May 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

I thought there would be carloads of people having a look. Even pt gawler in SA nearly had more people in this 1 picture alone then the whole crowd on Saturday. (Ok well I exaggerate but seriously there was that little people I had to wonder what the deal was) As a drift follower in SA before I moved to Melbourne I found it disappointing about how the day was run, lack of commentary, lack of seats, lack of crowd enthusiasm and unless some big change happens probably won't be back to Winton as a spectator unfortunately. Anyway here are my pics:

Multiple facts prove why the events are low in spectators.I'm not going to go into the depth, but it starts because the event is 2hours away from Melbourne, a return trip. with stops 5hours, Thats ALOT of time to factor into your day, So.. if the event doesnt show massive interest to you to want to waste 5hours of your day in just traveling, your not going to go..

This all falls from organisation pre-event when the event flyer comes out 1week before the event, when the website shows Drift Attack 2010 information 1week before the event, when everything gets released 1week before the event, by then people have already made plans..

Its the location, plain and simple too far to go to spectate, im a big drift fan but TBH only hardcore fans are gonna watch it when it 3-4hrs away...

#23 "SCHEMBRI"

• Car:180sx

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

View PostJrsA31, on 11 May 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

where the hell are all the videos and pics from this event? lol!

yes where are they???

#24 Xinhua

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

^^ that guy is a fagget

#25 Guest_-SR NRG-_*

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

#26 R32Big_boy

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Whooooo,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gallery Link

Dont forget to jump onto bookface and like the JRM Photography page, a discount coupon will be going up on it today to get %25 off everything!

#27 Kam80

• Car:Z33

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

View Postwarwick, on 11 May 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

We pay to hire the track.
Its wintons responsibility to have it prepared for their next client/event.
Actually...it's not, according to the hire agreement:

"6.ii To take proper care of the Raceway and keep the Raceway in good working order, condition and repair (fair wear and tear or act of God excepted)
at all times during the hire period. At the conclusion of the hire period, the Hirer shall ensure that the Raceway is in such good working order,
condition and repair.
"

As an organizer, it's pretty poor form to make the people after you sweep the racing line of all the crap dredged up onto the track during your watch.

#28 YogiR33

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hi Kam,

We actually dont sign an agreement with Winton when we hire the track given the unique nature of our agreement and were unaware of the clause you posted up. We use to sweep up the track after events last year but were advised that it was unneccassary as they use their own track sweeper at the end of the day.

I realise that this does not help address your issue and wish we had more resources to accomodate. We will be catching up with Winton to discuss the issues we had at this event and we will address this issue with them also.

Regards,
Yoshi

#29 Kam80

• Car:Z33

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Yoshi, if Winton are telling you that then our frustration is misdirected, can you let me know what the outcome is after your meeting with Winton so we can take it up the issue up with the relevant parties?

#30 4slydn

• Car:nissan 180sx

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

A few photos from the event are up at:

http://w3slide.blogs...ck-wrap-up.html

cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!