Graduate Position Discussion Thread International

5 replies to this topic

#1 level_100%_warned

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Having a bit of trouble finding a graduate position so I made this thread for general advice (CV, interviews etc) and to post up any good positions that might be going...

Thought that many people might be going through the same s**t that I'm going through at the moment on this forum and I thought I might get a discussion going...

discuss...

#2 darkone

• Car:Silvia

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

I got into a commercial banking grad program at a major bank straight out of uni.
I studied Commerce (Corporate Finance).

My main advice is to start applying for jobs way before you actually finish uni. I started applying in second year of uni & I lost count of how many I applied for, but the main thing is to just put yourself out there. Work experience helps as well, so whilst still at uni apply for summer vacation work programs in your field, even if its unpaid.

What degree did you do? What sort of work are you looking for?

#3 ChuckP

I came for teh cars but I stay for teh lulz

• Platinum Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Most graduate programs open early to mid-year which can makes things hard once you've graduated. I am currently working as a contractor in a graduate position, I had a relative amount of luck on my side in getting this job. I can remember filling in so many applications and only had a few offers.

#4 level_100%_warned

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

View Postdarkone, on 18 July 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

I got into a commercial banking grad program at a major bank straight out of uni.
I studied Commerce (Corporate Finance).

My main advice is to start applying for jobs way before you actually finish uni. I started applying in second year of uni & I lost count of how many I applied for, but the main thing is to just put yourself out there. Work experience helps as well, so whilst still at uni apply for summer vacation work programs in your field, even if its unpaid.

What degree did you do? What sort of work are you looking for?

Bachelor of Social Science (Legal Studies)

want to either get into a policy research position or a statutory planning position... don't think I'm really qualified to do statutory planning...

actually want to do law by online correspondence while I work full time as well... bit worried about the workload but :S

#5 The Panda

• Car:Fluttermatic 180

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Grad jobs are great and all but if you really want to get noticed you need experience more than anything. Keep in the back of your mind that a degree only worthwhile for the first job that it gets you and after that nothing counts but experience and attitude.

Im finishing a B Ec very shortly, but already work full time as an analyst. Hoping to get into energy trading at origin or options at DB over the next few years.

#6 ali_JDM

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

I have just finished my degree in civil and project management, and do not have a job yet, I have applied to so many companies but no luck, do they hate a graduate with project management?

I am so confused, everyone saying its the economy, is this right? It's been like how many years now since all the shit happened in wall st

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!