Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Shit talkers' thread - Hardtuned.net

Shit talkers' thread 

714 replies to this topic

#1 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

im doing a custom intercooler install at the moment and i ran out of hose clamps for the silicone joiners so i drove to pirtek to grab some and they were all out of the clamps in the size i needed so i thought i would take a drive to peps auto spares anyways when i got to the counter i told them what i wanted and while he was a the back grabbing me box's of hoses clamps there were these two guys in the store looking at his turbo that was in the glass cabinet it was just some cheap china spec turbo nothing special anyways these two guys asked how much for the turbo, what it was rated at, ball bearing? the bloke behind the counter said it was $650, rated at 500hp and was ball bearing then they asked more questions like can it fit on a skyline which made me think to myself what kinda question is that ? u make it fit!!!, then he tried to be technical they asked if it had ceramic wheels because he didnt want ceramic wheels because they shatter then he started asking if it was internal gated or external gated? if u cant look at a turbo and tell if its internal gated or externally gated your a freaking idiot that shouldnt even be talking about ceramic wheels Posted Image then they started asking about the china spec blow of valve sitting next to the turbo and it all started over again, can it fit on a skyline? WTF ??? which made me think to myself once again, u make it fit! if it comes with a flange just weld it onto your piping! if it doesnt come with a flange u freaking make one !!! by this time i had paid for my clamps and i didnt even wait for an invoice i walked out because i couldnt stand to hear any more of this technical talk Posted Image
oh and one more thing who the f**k asks a sales rep at peps auto spares for technical advice???? Posted Image hAHhAhaHAHHA may as well ask my girlfriend who knows nothing about car

i see and meet plenty of these types of people and ive always kept my mouth shut as its just not worth getting involved
anyways share your shit talker stories

ive got heaps more but ill share them later
( i also remember making a thread like this B4 but cant seem to find it now must of got lost during the upgrade )

Edited by steveP, 04 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#2 Barbie princess

• Car:180sx

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

that's a good one, they would of just saw a bunch of words on forums and magazines and quoted them to make them sound smart, anyone knows a bov can fit any turbo plumbing once welded on. as for ceramic coating i bet they have only heard bad things about it so they claim it's bad without actually knowing.

i had two lebbos come look at my car when i had it for sale. it was advertised as an sr20det, they saw my smashed car in my backyard and my good one and both of the engines. and they were saying my sr20det was a ca, even after i told them it's not they insisted it was and it didn't have a turbo. just kids who think they know it all and know nothing at all. sr looks totally different to the ca. it amazes me at how stupid some people are.

isn't it obvious to research about cars you're buying first so you know what you're buying? i could of sold him a ca and claimed it was an sr.

#3 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

i pulled into a servo in my 180 and i had this other guy in a 180 come up and start talking about cars with me
anyways he plans on putting a GTRS onto his 180 and reckons he will make 300kw on pump fuel :lol: i replied its not going to to it the GTRS cant flow that much air to make that sort of power and he said nah it can in which i replied awww O.k mate your right and said i had to leave and left, i just couldnt be bothered getting into it with some guy that thinks he knows every thing

#4 -traedayz-

• Car:01 EVO 7 GSR

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

^ when shit like that happens usually just agree and say oh yeah sweet mate yeah true too easy aye good luck with it all makes them feel better thinking they know it all, but you walk off with a cheeky grin thinking to yourself that dude was a retard.

Works for me :lol:

#5 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

View Post-traedayz-, on 27 July 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

^ when shit like that happens usually just agree and say oh yeah sweet mate yeah true too easy aye good luck with it all makes them feel better thinking they know it all, but you walk off with a cheeky grin thinking to yourself that dude was a retard.

Works for me :lol:
:lol: i remember i had a guy come in and ask me to rotate his intake pipe ( the pipe that bolts onto the inlet of a T28 compressor housing ) basically all i had to do was cut the pipe of the flange and re-weld it facing the direction he wanted, anyways he starts telling me how to weld it, mate if u know how to weld it why dont u do it your self ????

#6 kriss

• Car:A31 - CHEV

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

Sounds like half the replies in threads on this forum, people giving advice when they have no idea what they're talking about

Working at an automotive place myself I get it all day long, tellin me your intake isn't working by putting your ear upto you pod and Reving it just shows me how retarded you really are

#7 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

lol one of my friends Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
always tries to get technical with me. will make stupid suggestions and then use nonsense to back up what he says
once we were leaning over my engine
"wheres the turbo?"
".....right under you..."

"what? this? HE POINTS TO THE POD FILTER

at this point i dis honed him Posted Image

#8 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

^ :lol: reminds me of this guy i know

he always try's to get technical anyways he was talking about cam shafts and said dont use camtech cam shafts because they will blow your motor hAHAHhAhAHAHaH WTF ?? and i asked why just to hear what bullshit he would come up with and he said his boss has an evo and he put camtech cam shafts in his evo and his engine blew up because the " thing " on the cam shaft was making the other " thing " in side the engine do funny " things " HAhAHAHaHAHHAHaHAHhaHaHAH

#9 Sambo7

• Car:S15 GT

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

ages ago, some dude was telling me how him and his mate turboed some old shitbox using a 'modified' radiator? anyways he continued ranting on about this special radiator they had used and all the cars that they had "dragged off" while i just listened (too dumfounded to say anything)...
it wasnt until afterwards i realised that this dude thought the radiator was a turbo, no doubt the influence from seeing front mounted intercoolers on turbo cars. he actually thought because he put an additional radiator on the front of his car, it then became a turbo :o

#10 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

View PostSambo7, on 27 July 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

no doubt the influence from seeing front mounted intercoolers on turbo cars. he actually thought because he put an additional radiator on the front of his car, it then became a turbo :o
when i was doing my mechanic apprenticeship we use to share stories over lunch anyways i told my tradesmen that there was a guy at tafe with a done up daihatsu charade with a paint job and that he had a silver sprayed painted radiator ziptied to the front of his car to make it look like a intercooler :lol: my tradesmen told me to shut up and stop talking shit because he thought no one could be that stupid
anyways about a week later he went over to his mates house ( James from grooverider fabrications) and told him how much of a shit talker i was and told him the story that i told him over our lunch break and his reply was " oh yeah i know that car he lives in my street i see i all the time :lol:

#11 Chidge

• Car:3 SP25GT

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

What size and offset do you think will look good on my car lololololol!!!1!!!1

Also, I have a SR20, how much power can I expect to get if I put a big turbo on it?????? I searched haha but I still want to keep my stock fuel pump and side mount cooler to stay away from defects hahaha lol

#12 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Nah man, it's all about 'hey, how do i take my turbo off to make my car N/A cause the po-po will take my license away'

#13 Sambo7

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostSTR8E180, on 27 July 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

View PostSambo7, on 27 July 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

no doubt the influence from seeing front mounted intercoolers on turbo cars. he actually thought because he put an additional radiator on the front of his car, it then became a turbo :o
when i was doing my mechanic apprenticeship we use to share stories over lunch anyways i told my tradesmen that there was a guy at tafe with a done up daihatsu charade with a paint job and that he had a silver sprayed painted radiator ziptied to the front of his car to make it look like a intercooler :lol: my tradesmen told me to shut up and stop talking shit because he thought no one could be that stupid
anyways about a week later he went over to his mates house ( James from grooverider fabrications) and told him how much of a shit talker i was and told him the story that i told him over our lunch break and his reply was " oh yeah i know that car he lives in my street i see i all the time :lol:

LOL, thats hillarious! :lol:

reminds me of one of my mates, mates. he owned a festiva and was showing us his new boost gauge, 'nice' i say 'how much boost does it run?'. the dude looks at me like 'huh'? 'oh, its not turbo, i just use it to measure vacuum'
and im like :Drugs:

#14 SR20_DET

• Car:Nissan 180SX - SR20DET

On more than one occasion I have had people explain to me that my 180sx is a 1.8l. I politely explain it is in fact a 2.0.. At which time they elaborate that 180sx means 1.8sx and that 200sx means 2.0sx... And that if my car has an sr20 it must be an engine swap.

The most common would be people saying they are making big power on small turbos and pump fuel.

Have had a guy argue with me, him saying an s15 is a disco potato. He did not give up.

Another Commdore GTS owner claimed 320kph stock.

I just find generally people who talk cars have little idea..

#15 Drunken Monk

i like it when im at autobarn, and someone comes in for some spark plugs for their modified s15... (obviously bought, not built) and the spare parts guy is like "Oh you need these ones, they are NGK platinum XX model gapped at 1.8mm.. etc.." when i butt in and say ''ohh, ehhhhhh thats awkward. you dont want those....."

at which point they are both like "oh yeah ok pal which ones are they?? this book rooooiiiiight' here says *xx model* gapped 1.8mm". i just laugh, offer my proven suggestion (i actually asked Sam / Dr Drift the day before to be safe with my setup, turns out identical to the poor kids setup).

so the s15 guy got random plugs, i got a laugh, and autobarn got 2 sets of plugs sold (incorrect ones and the correct ones after he realised they dont work lol)

#16 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

View Postfyjosh, on 27 July 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

*snip*

I'm not quite sure I understood this story.

#17 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

just wondering do u people just stand there and agree or do u argue your case and try and prove them wrong?

i just agree and let them think they are right i just couldnt be bothered

#18 01010011

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

fyjosh best not to post when drunk, I have learned my lesson.

Funniest I heard was at tafe some dude telling me that he's going to put forget pistons in his 13b

#19 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

im getting awesome laughs out of this thread :lol:

#20 Drunken Monk

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

lazy you just dont know a cool story when you see one.

but yeah, you got me :thumbsup: btw hows that compound turbo setup coming hahahahah i kid i kiddddd

#21 Sambo7

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostSTR8E180, on 27 July 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

i just agree and let them think they are right i just couldnt be bothered

this is what i normally do. especially if its someone i dont really know, they are more likely to get super defensive if i argue the point, so i let them believe what they want

Funniest I heard was at tafe some dude telling me that he's going to put forget pistons in his 13b

haha good luck with that one :lol:
things arent going to line up too well once he opens up the 13b, i wonder how many pistons he''l buy :lol:

#22 STR8E180

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

View Postfyjosh, on 27 July 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

: btw hows that compound turbo setup coming hahahahah i kid i kiddddd
:lol: couldn't even work out his braided line issue let alone a compound turbo setup :lol: classic

#23 OOP513

• Car:Silvia S13

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Stand and agree is your best way out of it IMO, end of the day I drive home thinking geeez where do these people get their info from?

ahhhh yes BOOSTCRUISING!

#24 Luke04

• Car:Ksev

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

I normally play along with them

Eventually one of them will listen to me when i show them how to make their car stock CA sound like a wrx.....

'Nah man, you dont need that silicon joiner, that blocks about 40kw...'

#25 Barbie princess

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

the people who seem to know all is the people who say " this happened to a friend of a friend of my cousins best friends father in laws brothers best friend".

i'm yet to hear someone mention running nos on cars because it blows the welds on the intake.

#26 King Troll

• Car:JUN s15

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:04 PM

love it when people who know more about cars in general to me, think they know more about my specific engine to me Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

when i was talking to a mechanic about me putting my boost upto 12psi, he starts to go on about i need forged internals for that Posted Image
i said i dont, and hes like "uhhh ok but im just warning you" as if im the idiot

my brother knows sweet f**k all about turbos, when i had my turbo out i said i need an externally gated turbo, he goes on about how my turbo is an external because the wastegate was on the outside of it Posted Image i said its internal and he just points to the wastegate and hes like "look like it on the outside to me you idiot"

#27 kriss

• Car:A31 - CHEV

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

Was at a party not long ago when I got into a conversation to a bloke about cars

He proceeded to tell me how he's lost his licence for 6 months "but that's gna happen when I've got a 12 second car"

I asked what he had and what mods
"ek civic bro with s15 turbo"

So where did you run it
"nah I've never raced it, it's a street car"

So uve never run a 12 second pass but you tell randoms you own a 12 second car?
"Nah but my tuner said it should run 12's"

Get the f**k away from me you f**kn idiot

#28 aidannn

• Car:DC5R >> 240z

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

View Postkriss, on 28 July 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

Was at a party not long ago when I got into a conversation to a bloke about cars

He proceeded to tell me how he's lost his licence for 6 months "but that's gna happen when I've got a 12 second car"

I asked what he had and what mods
"ek civic bro with s15 turbo"

So where did you run it
"nah I've never raced it, it's a street car"

So uve never run a 12 second pass but you tell randoms you own a 12 second car?
"Nah but my tuner said it should run 12's"

Get the f**k away from you f**kn idiot

HAHAHAHA

reminds me of one of my good good mates.

told all of us he beat a lambo (amongst a long list of other cars) which he chomped in his ef9.

#29 KENut

• Car:KE70

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

I'm on facebook just now, and a mate from high school's status says hes just been in an acco, car written off etc etc.

After everyone says the usual 'you can replace cars but not body parts' line, he goes on to say that his car is extremely RARE and UNREPLACEABLE.

He has a mazda mx6 Posted Image

#30 booostin

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

Many I have met at parties, they saw me rock up or asked whose car was outside then proceeded to engage me in a conversation they know nothing about.

If they are totally moronic and cant listen to what your telling them I either bail, agree with them (Yeah bro t04z on your ecotec and 25 psi it'll hold man its a holden) or
ask them a question/lead them into a topic which requires them to deliver an answer about something they have NFI - that has good results. :lol:

I met this guy once who was trying to tell me his piece of shit laser was turbo. I'm like you'll know if its turbo dude, and he goes yeah well it feels like its turbo although Ive never been in a turbo car before :/ Anyway when I went out for a ciggie and he wanted to look at my car. So I named a few parts on my car then I said lets look at your car. Hes like yeah see I told you it was turbo pointing at the alternator. Dude thats your alternator! he goes: WTF is that!? is that like a supercharger?!?!?!

:whack:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!