It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

2000 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T Shell - Is it worth it? 

Skyline R34 GTT Rolling Shell Project
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kenwood Risley

• Car:Bombadore

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

I've recently found a 2000 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T half-rolling shell for $1000.
It is missing the following; Engine, gearbox, rear cradle, brakes, master cylinder, fuel pump, climate control, gauges and coil overs on boostclassifieds.com.au

It also can't be registered so I will be buying it as a project drift car and something to keep me busy around the house for a while in my spare time.

Just wondering how much effort and money will be needed to get it back to driving (or drifting) condition and if it would even be worth the hassle.

I'd prefer to drag the re-build out for quite some time just so when it is finally finished I will have more of a sense of satisfaction, just because I am weird like that and still on my L's so I still have yet to learn how to drive properly first, haha.

Not sure how good of a condition the chassis is but if you think I should go ahead with it then I will definitely take a thorough inspection for any rust/bends/cracks etc. that could cause unneeded headaches and money being spent later on.
I don't want it to be anything fancy, just something drift-able that will stand a beating that I no doubt will give it.

Also if anyone in the South East Melbourne area wanted to help out if I do get it (the more the merrier!) that would be greatly appreciated.

This is it.
Posted Image

#2 K-man

• Car:R33 GTS-T

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

your on your Ls? Are you a mechanic by trade? Then Iwould say, dont bother. Your first car/drift car is the one you learn from, scratch, bang up and poorly modify as you dont know any better. The experience of having a first car that you can actually drive and learn from is better than building your dream ride from the get-go

#3 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

View PostK-man, on 19 November 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

your on your Ls? Are you a mechanic by trade? Then Iwould say, dont bother. Your first car/drift car is the one you learn from, scratch, bang up and poorly modify as you dont know any better. The experience of having a first car that you can actually drive and learn from is better than building your dream ride from the get-go

Contradicting yourself greatly there. You say for him to fix it cheaply yet he's not a mechanic? What a great way to start getting into it I say. Get your hands dirty and get to know how to repair shit. I say go for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!