Aca hoons report channel 9 

84 replies to this topic

#61 A31Cefiro

Because I'm suave its ok for me to act like a prick

• Classifieds Items
  • 7,836 posts
  • Car:A31 Cefiro

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I may write another letter but it won't be on behalf of this site, not because I'm not happy to represent the views of the site, but moreso because it will only give them more ammunition against motoring enthusiasts and the youth in general. ACA/TT love nothing more than to bastardize and attack the youth of Australia. It's a cultural issue, many other developed nations don't suffer from this (to the same extent) and aim to encourage them, but that's another discussion.

Imagine how easy it would be to use this site alone to attack all of us, jokes about pedo bear, etc. It would lead to a bloody federal investigation for having a warped sense of humour and a passion for cars.

I've tried in the past to find more areas for people in ACT/NSW to slide, I've even approached the NSW police and ACT Federal Police to use some of their facilities (NSW Police driver training centre at Goulburn has a nice looking track and the AFP training complex on Majura Rd in Canberra has a huge skidpan where police do driver training). I took the approach of working together - we're looking for a place to keep things legal, they want us to keep it legal... they have a place, we need a place.... a show of good will from both sides, but got nowhere. I floated the idea past Amy Boatwright and Andrew Hawkins looking to get some help from established names/organisations. Both were happy to help out but that never really went anywhere.

A video from the likes of Mez, Scott Mitchell, MotiveDVD or MightyMods would be a good start but it has to be aimed at promoting car lifestyle to non car people, which is a challenge in itself. Our side of the story does need fair represenation in the media but there's SFA chance of getting it because that's a hard sell and won't get many viewers.

It's been a while since I was in Adelaide for any length of time but I remember hearing about a rally in which all types of car people came together to block the roads outside old parliament house in order to give the car community a chance to express their opinions on the increasingly harsh modification laws and the lack of facilities in SA to actually use their vehicles. Iron Chef has also stepped up previously and championed the car scene at meetings with community members (i can't recall who). More of this sort of thing needs to happen, the car community needs to join together, not in some vigilante 'take back the streets' bullshit, but a well organised and more importantly, well presented collective with some defined (realistic) goals of what we want to achieve. There is thousands of us in every major city that are into cars of all sorts, but unfortunately most of the time we're so caught up in fighting each other about V8s vs japcrap vs ricers vs euros, etc that we have little hope of forming any sort of like-minded community.

#62 Lil_Jay94

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

ahaha, met the guy in the rexy at work today, he was telling me about it.
"when hoons turn to thugs", wow, ACA love the dramatic over the top titles.
and also love how they are showing OLD footage of the riots with this recent video, good job *milkshakes*

#63 Steppin'ItOut

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

I drop skids, drive fast and hoon a fair bit.

Sue me.

#64 Lucas.

• Car:Toyota 4 runner

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostSteppin'ItOut, on 15 March 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Sue me.
You drive an Astra.

Your comment is invalid

Edited by Lucas., 15 March 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#65 Steppin'ItOut

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostLucas., on 15 March 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

Sue me.
You drive an Astra.

Your comment is invalid

I also own a bike that would f**k anything you drive.

#66 kranze

• Car:NM35

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostSteppin'ItOut, on 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Sue me.
You drive an Astra.

Your comment is invalid

I also own a bike that would f**k anything you drive.

legend.

#67 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

My bike rips mad skids!

Posted Image

#68 Rolled Cambers

• Car:Nissan Silvia s13.

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Words of Damian Marley.

Some of the worst paparazzis I’ve ever seen and I ever known
Put the worst on display so the world can see
And that’s all they will ever show

#69 EnFlaMEd

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostSteppin'ItOut, on 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Sue me.
You drive an Astra.

Your comment is invalid

I also own a bike that would f**k anything.

How dare you! Your mother is a saint!

#70 A31Cefiro

Because I'm suave its ok for me to act like a prick

• Classifieds Items
  • 7,836 posts
  • Car:A31 Cefiro

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

^ Fukn gold! Been laughing at that comment for a little while now.

#71 X-ISLED

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostTheApothecary, on 14 March 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Pretty easy formula, make a "story" up for people to buy into, (now take into account ACA/TT are "ethics/affairs shows" which is ironic because it's implying that the viewer is too stupid to make their own minds up about maters) interview someone who is completely in favour/against what they're pushing, constant voice over that's calm and slightly nervous to make it sound scary and threatening (more so for this "story") and end it with an "expert".

What the kids did was stupid, they should've just kept doing 80/100 and not caused any fuss and they would've been left alone, next time torch the car and kill the crew if you don't want any further problems.

What that woman did was also stupid but I figure she'll cop it one way or another pretty soon.

They also linked in other stories that weren't relevant to this exact incident, take into account the Bob Jane T-mart store being smashed due to the easternats(?) being closed. Would the ACA/TT Anchors still be bastions of morality (with their plethora of intellect and wisdom) if they got sacked tomorrow?

Overall it's very piss poor journalism (not to mention embedded -it looks bad because it's been made to look bad) because I didn't learn anything that I didn't know before. Best you can do is ignore it and tell your parents/family to ignore it too.

The reason why they had footage of the Easternats riot in the story, is because the BP they were filming at is about 50 meters away. The Bob Jane shop that got smashed is across the road and down about 50 meters.

Now the BP and the other BP across the road, is a huge hang out spot for Car people, on Thursday and Friday night's. Basically its the start of the illegal drags. People race up and down on that strecth of Highway all night long. Some Friday nights see up to 1000 plus people and hundreads of cars.

Over the last few Thursday and Friday nights. The police have been coming down hard on this area. About 3 weeks ago the police turned up at around 1:30am on Saturday morning, there was around 10 police response units, multiple Highway patrol car's, Marked and unmarked car's. The Police got in one big group, around 50 or so police and made everyone leave.

At the moment the area where they filmed the footage at the BP is a big hot spot for people on Thursday and Friday nigths.

Now the chick that did the burnout, what a idiot. She just showed why the genral public hate people with nice cars. Everyone who has a nice car is put into the same basket.

Edited by X-ISLED, 24 March 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#72 Shark

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostX-ISLED, on 24 March 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Pretty easy formula, make a "story" up for people to buy into, (now take into account ACA/TT are "ethics/affairs shows" which is ironic because it's implying that the viewer is too stupid to make their own minds up about maters) interview someone who is completely in favour/against what they're pushing, constant voice over that's calm and slightly nervous to make it sound scary and threatening (more so for this "story") and end it with an "expert".

What the kids did was stupid, they should've just kept doing 80/100 and not caused any fuss and they would've been left alone, next time torch the car and kill the crew if you don't want any further problems.

What that woman did was also stupid but I figure she'll cop it one way or another pretty soon.

They also linked in other stories that weren't relevant to this exact incident, take into account the Bob Jane T-mart store being smashed due to the easternats(?) being closed. Would the ACA/TT Anchors still be bastions of morality (with their plethora of intellect and wisdom) if they got sacked tomorrow?

Overall it's very piss poor journalism (not to mention embedded -it looks bad because it's been made to look bad) because I didn't learn anything that I didn't know before. Best you can do is ignore it and tell your parents/family to ignore it too.
1) Now the BP and the other BP across the road, is a huge hang out spot for Car people, on Thursday and Friday night's. Basically its the start of the illegal drags. People race up and down on that strecth of Highway all night long. Some Friday nights see up to 1000 plus people and hundreads of cars.

2) Over the last few Thursday and Friday nights. The police have been coming down hard on this area. About 3 weeks ago the police turned up at around 1:30am on Saturday morning, there was around 10 police response units, multiple Highway patrol car's, Marked and unmarked car's. The Police got in one big group, around 50 or so police and made everyone leave.
1) It's been like this for probably longer than I've been alive. Whats your point?
2) So vicpol needs to send 50 police to one intersection because there are nice cars parked everywhere? Good use of resources. No point worrying about the morons on every other road coming out of the city.

#73 spongeboy

• Car:180 sx

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Meh f**k it, the only demographics that watch those wastes of oxygen and slot are stay at home mums, geriatrics and dole bludgers in denial, hence the segments on weight loss, diets and Aussie battler stories, the same airheads that follow home and away...

If I was the driver of the wrx I would have pulled over/ wound down the windows at lights and kindly informed them that I did not wish to be filmed, given them the valid reason of it violating my privacy and potentially endangering me to acts of Larson, not stop in the middle of the road and behave like a tard..

Good on the girl for being a f**kwit and ripping a burnout, she shows the rest of Australia that most hoons drive a POS worthy of thrashing and get any heat off my back. No homo hehe

But seriously this 1% bullshit is their bread and butter.. So what if some ugly dole using single
Mum hates me for driving a nice whip..she's crook and got baggage so I won't f**k with that shit...

Scratch that

Maybe I will...

If I have one more drink...

#74 eclipse492

• Car:S13

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postspongeboy, on 26 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

If I was the driver of the wrx I would have pulled over/ wound down the windows at lights and kindly informed them that I did not wish to be filmed, given them the valid reason of it violating my privacy and potentially endangering me to acts of Larson, not stop in the middle of the road and behave like a tard..

I agree, however I've still got no idea what an act of larson is...

#75 spongeboy

• Car:180 sx

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

Theft...larceny fixed* stupid touch screen..

Edited by spongeboy, 26 March 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#76 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hey look everyone, its that same bald f**khead that is constantly on ACA/TT saying how dangerous hoons are because they drop skids or speed. and here he is in his own video, dropping skids and speeding.

#77 ziptie

• Car:sil80 + a few

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Now the chick that did the burnout, what a idiot. She just showed why the genral public hate people with nice cars. Everyone who has a nice car is put into the same basket.

That ute was not a nice car.

My uncle was telling me how when he was a teenager ( hes mid 40s now) they used to do friday night drags on spencer street. Its not a new thing. Fact of the matter is someone found a way to make money from crucifying "hoons" with minimal effort so thats the way it will be.

#78 KurtHS

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Heh no shit! My old mans in his 50s and every weekend for him and his mates it was burnouts and drags, they all had Toranas, Monaros with 4 barrel carbs poking out the bonnet etc.

Told me a few stories like going through 4 pairs of tyres a night on a few occasions, full on legit drags in the city, convincing the cops to rip a brakie, a Monaro that only got beaten in a drag by a V8 240z with NOS, crashing multiple cars, rolling his mums (my grandmas) Mini.

#79 Shark

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostVarvs, on 13 April 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Hey look everyone, its that same bald f**khead that is constantly on ACA/TT saying how dangerous hoons are because they drop skids or speed. and here he is in his own video, dropping skids and speeding.

This f**kHEAD breaks traction on a public road and crosses double lines while a motorbike is coming around the corner. What a f**king champ.
Hope he's killed.

#80 driftnick13

• Car:180sx

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostKurtHS, on 13 April 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Heh no shit! My old mans in his 50s and every weekend for him and his mates it was burnouts and drags, they all had Toranas, Monaros with 4 barrel carbs poking out the bonnet etc.

Told me a few stories like going through 4 pairs of tyres a night on a few occasions, full on legit drags in the city, convincing the cops to rip a brakie, a Monaro that only got beaten in a drag by a V8 240z with NOS, crashing multiple cars, rolling his mums (my grandmas) Mini.

my dad used to race his ex-bathurst race car Skyline GT-B in the hills around Adelaide all the time, cops didn't care and only ever pulled him over to check out his car, plus other crap getting busted doing burnouts in the CBD and coming out with only a defect and told to not do it again lol

these days they want to take your car off you because its to loud

#81 Jason12

• Car:Cressida

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

It definately was a lot more relaxed back then.

Grandpa had a few GTHO phase 3s in his time... one was an ex bathurst one and decided to go for a bit of a squirt... went past cops and he kept going but then felt guilty and pulled over.... about 10 mins later hey came and gave him a stern talking to and sent him on his way...

#82 brent47

• Car:jdm 15

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

This is the video that best represents our parents being hoons.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=ZiGWkCHCGno

#83 driftnick13

• Car:180sx

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

pretty sure its Mad Mike's fault people keep dieing

holy f**king shit i hate Australia when it comes to shit like this, i like how they link some old retarded bitch driving off a car park down 30meters to the red bull ad lol

Edited by driftnick13, 14 April 2012 - 01:37 AM.

#84 R32GTRS

• Car:RB25 R32gtst

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

LOL what a work of art.. f**k me 500nm!! and all the way to almost 6k rpm!! what a f**king douche. lol at even comparing it to an amg.
bloody gt p drivers now think they own a race car.

Edited by R32GTRS, 14 April 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#85 Shark

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostR32GTRS, on 14 April 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

LOL what a work of art.. f**k me 500nm!! and all the way to almost 6k rpm!! what a f**king douche. lol at even comparing it to an amg.
bloody gt p drivers now think they own a race car.
I couldn't get over that either. Like.. f**k. :|
I HONESTLY do NOT thing he could POSSIBLY OVERDRAMATISE what he was saying ANY FURTHER. I am SERIOUSLY not one to SENSATIONALISE absolutely EVERYTHING I talk about.. but I can ONE HUNDRED PERCENT GUARANTEE you that THIS GUY DOES.

:doh:

View Postdriftnick13, on 14 April 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

pretty sure its Mad Mike's fault people keep dieing

holy f**king shit i hate Australia when it comes to shit like this, i like how they link some old retarded bitch driving off a car park down 30meters to the red bull ad lol
TT bitch: "with an average of 4 people dying on our roads every day police have this warning for anybody thinking of trying this at home"
Cop: "we'll seize your car"

So guys, the message here is; don't invest in a multi-million dollar carpark complex so you can drift your car on it, because it will be seized if you do.

I still can't believe they're allowed to falsely report so much shit like this, along with over-dramatisation of the truth.
The world is going to end up so much stupider than I ever would have previously imagined.

Edited by Shark, 14 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

dfp

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!