Wierd issue with temp gauge! 

8 replies to this topic

#1 LMFAO

• Car:EK Civic

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Another day another issue! Ok so driving today car was fine until it got up to temp, then started struggling on boost again! So just now I've re adjusted the fuel pressure it was low! About 30 psi or less! So ive cranked it up to 40psi for now but just took it for a test drive and all was good boosting well while warm, then noticed the temp gauge was going down when I was accelerating!? So I stopped checked everything that I could while I was on the side of the road and all seems normal!? It does the same thing in reverse and neutral!? Any ideas/similar problems/solutions? Big thanks!

#2 Barbie princess

• Car:180sx

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

might be your thermostat stuck open? and while you start driving the water pump is pumping the water quicker and cooling it down?

#3 LMFAO

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

Does that explain why it would get up to temp normally then go down with the acceleration? And is this a bad thing? Possible engine damage?

#4 Barbie princess

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

If it is the thermostat its not that big of a deal, it will just use more fuel. Usually that is the cause but how long after driving does it go back down? And does the needle drop or does it just go down slowly as if it was warming up?

If it is the thermostat its not that big of a deal, it will just use more fuel. Usually that is the cause but how long after driving does it go back down? And does the needle drop or does it just go down slowly as if it was warming up?

#5 LMFAO

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Goes down roughly in time with the acceleration, and back up the same, so probably thermostat? Expensive part? Just seems like a very odd thing for it to do...

#6 Barbie princess

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Should cost under $30 if you change it yourself. When the temp is down check to see how hot the heater is compared to when it's normal. That will tell you straight away.

#7 (Locky)

• Car:kouki s14

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

dont trust the stock gauge for anything
get a aftermarket water temp gauge, that starts flashing warning before the stock gauge starts to even move toward hot

#8 Bangaladesh

• Car:Silvia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

View Post(Locky), on 29 April 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

dont trust the stock gauge for anything
get a aftermarket water temp gauge, that starts flashing warning before the stock gauge starts to even move toward hot
Yeah stock temp gauge tells you it's overheating after it's already boiled over.

#9 LMFAO

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Someone else's issue now, sold it last week, told the guy about the issue and he didn't care, up to him what he does with it now, glad to get rid of the bag of issues that car had!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!