Alright, HUGE UPDATE you dogs.. so be ready.
First things first.. I got my dream wheels.. I know, people hate them, but I love them.. A mate of mine had them on his Stagea when he bought it, and he hated them.. Obviously I was all over it and made him promise to sell them to me once he sorted out new wheels, and low and behold, he did..
Yep, Super Advans.. In man sizes.. 18 x 10 +19 all round.. So obviously there was a few problems there, the most obvious one being that they are 5 stud, and i was still dirty 4 stud.. So I had to get onto that..
So I had some s15 LCA's sitting around, I popped out the ball joint from the s13 arms and popped them into the S15 ones, and bolted them up.. Used my s13 knuckles with the s15 LCA's and had some conversion hubs sitting around, jammed them all together and sorted the hubs.. These are the shitty hubs.. Ebay spec i believe, but they were pretty good quality..
So yeah, i had the hubs off, figured I would deal with my shitty single pot brakes whilst it was all happening.. I had some z32 brakes sitting here that I obtained ages ago, so decided to use those and went and got some rebuild kits and rebuilt them myself.. Pretty gay, but ultimately way easier than i thought it would be.. It was at that time that one of my mates happened to be selling those GKtech bone things that means you can run a GTR rotor, and since Im a mad dog, I got them and ordered the DBA 4000's in GTR size.. a few days later, they showed up..
Note how tiny and girly my hands are..
SO yeah got all that shit sorted, brakes sorted, everything was going smooth, whacked all the front shit together and it worked amazingly, no real issues on the front and it all sort of just happened.. I was mighty glad when I finally saw it like this..
And with the wheel on..
Amazing.. I've waited about a million years to have man sized super advans on my car, and there they were..
So the rears went on pretty easy, i retained the standard brakes, just bought an s15 rotor to go on the new hubs, and changed out the pads and whatnot and away I went.. I was a little concerned with fitting 10 +19's on the back of my car but once it was all fitted up and done, it didnt sit too badly.. Mexiflush yes, but nothing a little guard work wouldnt fix..
Fronts sat awesome though.. The 25mm wide guards that I have on made the wheels fit perfectly.. I did need a 5mm slip on to clear the coilover, but otherwise it was all fine and dandy..
So i was super stoked to have them on and all good, car sat ok so i jacked the car up to bleed all the brakes, and this happened..
The f**king bleed nipples must have been made out of clay or something, because they all stripped so easily.. A quick trip to the brake place, and 4 new bleed nipples and a bleed was done and away I went.. A friend of mine owns a car wash so obviously the first place I went was there to get the car cleaned and to get the wheels looking all white and pretty..
All clean and pretty..
SO once it was all cleaned it was time to deal with the guards.. A quick roll and slight pull was all that was needed, so now it looks like this..
Not amazing looking, but does the job, i dont scrub anywhere, so thats a good thing..
So yeah, it finally all got done and with minor technical difficulties.. MY QFM's didnt come in time so I had to do my time attack on the weekend on shitty bendix ultimates, and I hated them.. SO my times on the weekend were f**king shit, and honestly, I was very sad.. The brakes just didnt feel right, and the car still somehow managed to light up the 265's on corner exit so I think I need to do my diff next..
Here's some more pics from the other day that were taken when the car was clean.. Other than that, drive safe my peeps!!!