Sign in to follow this  
MattyT

S14 Air-Con Controls

Hey guys,

this has been bugging me for a while... do the controls for the s14 air-con light up... in particular the ones to choose where the air goes (face, legs etc)

at night the air-con is near impossible to use because you cant tell what buttons you are pressing!

so either its some crazy night vision equiped japanese mans invention, or my lights are blown :)

ive got the same problem..

i actually tried fixing it 2day, took the entire control thing off but i couldnt take it all apart.. i didnt wana risk breaking it

ive got the same problem

but i swear to god its lit up a few times for about 5 seconds then gone off.

i tried pulling it out like oooft, but cant open it up easily it seems.

its so annoyin...specially after seeing that s13 climate control thread and they replace their leds so easily.

has anyone here fixed theres before??

Ahh dammit, looks like I'll be taking mine apart then :) I thought it must be blown, because the numbers around the fan settings work, but you can't see the diagrams on the buttons

it shud be the similar to s13, Ive done a write up on how to replace the globes with LEDs. check articles awaiting approval

we read it 3am =/ i tried opening it up once before...couldn't...cbf now unless one of these guys gets it opened :P

its too hard 2 open... i took out some of the screws and undid a few small clips holding the circuit board down, but i still cant work out how to take it off... i tried with abit of force but felt like it was going to snap!

so i gave up..

so with s14 the you can't get the globes out without opening it?

weird

I have the same prob.

Take the back off and all the screws you can see on the board.

Then you have to gently unclip the circuit board and also detach from the fan control unit from the back.

That should free it all up.

There are small bulbs that will need replacing.

Hope you can understand that :D

ive got the same problem

but i swear to god its lit up a few times for about 5 seconds then gone off.

i tried pulling it out like oooft, but cant open it up easily it seems.

its so annoyin...specially after seeing that s13 climate control thread and they replace their leds so easily.

after reading that I thought hey, why don't I see if it will light up by chance... and what do you know it did... so now my thinking is maybe it's not the lights that are faulty, but for some reason s14's have a bad design fault that causes the lights not to light... will have a look at it tomorrow and see if I can't find what is causing it.

i just thought id give mine another try to take it apart and fix it..

once again i gave up

but

once i put it back together.. turned the lights on

IT WORKED!

:S

wierd... but im not complaining lol

Mine is intermittent too. Pain in the ass I say.

I'll try ripping it apart this weekend and see how I go.

I have got the same prob too. The lights for the buttons that tell you where the air is blowing does not light up. I tried to take the damn thing apart but it seems too hard. Unclipped and took out all visible screws and also the fan speed controller but i still could not get the circuit board out. Pain in the arse for sure because i like my lights. :lol:

I think it's just some crappy design in there... bloody crazy japs :)

all of mine now work besides the A/C button light...

hey,.. mine is the same too! the "little guys" doesnt light up, but the rest are fine... and sometimes when i am driving, i swear i see them lighting up to say hello (and they look so cool lit up) and the next minute, those "little friends" will leave without saying goodbye. I swear ppl think i am mad,.. but each time they light up,.. i actually say hello to them....

If anyone can rectify the problem ( i am pretty sure its not blown up bulb), pls post it up

Nah it's definately not a blown bulb... I thought at some stage it had something to do with the door being open, but that theory was shot down... I will eventually pull it apart and check for bad connections etc.

I took mine out, and pushed the globe back in 100%. Lights up now. Your problematic globe will be visible, just under some plastic "mesh". Just cut the plastic out so you can get a small screwdriver in there to push it in properly.

Worked for me, don't know if it will for you though..

Good luck! :D

Theo