Sign in to follow this  
silkys14

Rebuilding an S14 T28

Looks like my turbo has $hit itself.

When on WOT boost takes ages to reach anywhere near 5psi.

What can I expect to pay for a rebuild on it?

Thinking of contacting ICE Performance

A rough price range if anyone knows

cheers

mine has done the same champ struggles to even make 5psi and doesnt even make 8psi till about 6000rpm its nackered your bearings have proberly gone causeing the shaft to jump around alittle and making it hard for it to spin properly

i ended up buying a braqnd new gt2871r for 1550 off the sponsers you can get your stocko rebuilt or high flowed with different internalks for around 1000 so i thought why not spend the extra 5 hunge and get a brand spanking descent powerfull snail

Garret Charge $600

The rebeuild they do is second to none, when compared to a t28 ball bearing the rebuilt s14 turbo performed in areas we didn't expect.

The quality of the rebuild will really suprise you.

I got a s14 turbo i just took off mine, minimal shaft play looking for about 400$ if anyone is intrested. Reason i took it off was i replaced it with a s15 bb. Thanks.

i paid $700 to get mine rebuilt from garrett

they giv u 12 months warranty on it as well which is reassuring.

however do wat xqzme has done, f**k off the old one and add a bit more money, get like a gtrs for the extra cash and sell the blown one, if its worth any money.

yeah you should be able to get at least 200 for a blown one if its only going to cost 600 to hsave it running better than a t28bb

i went n seen em in person but im in sydney.

look in whitepages for garrett turbochargers in chipping norton!

hmm didnt know garrett rebuilds them so cheap...

good to know... hopefully for it will be useless info (keep the fingers crossed)

do they do this in melbourne too?

Emailed roromaster who are the official distributors for Melbourne

a basic service will cost between $500 to $600 . A basic service plus hiflow is about $800 to $900 A more acurate quote can be given once they recieve the turbo.

So it looks like this will be the option, as I'm not planning on major mods so I think $800-900 for a rebuilt hi-flow is resonable

If you guys wanna know: service@rotomaster.com.au

from what ive read, rebuilding a turbo consisits of mainly replacing seals and bearings (assuming there isnt any other major damage, like cracked/broken shaft or exhaust/compressor wheels, nor any damage to any of the housings)

so rebuilding it mearly dismanteling the turbo and replacing the needed parts, so you could save money if you have some know how in mechanics and just purchase the parts needed in the job, therefore you save money in labour

or just get some one to do it, im just poor so i have to do my own work