• Apexi Power FC
    • UniChip
    • Apexi SAFC
    • Remapped Stock Ecu
    • Motec
    • Autronic
    • Wolf 3D
    • Other - tell us??

Haltech platinum 1000 here also, i don't do any tuning myself, but it is easy enough to understand should some small things need adjusting

Microtech Lt10s.

Cheap to buy, cheap to tune (and easy), runs standard coil packs and ignition system. NO AFM = winning.

Cold start is bit average. but this could be the tune.

Overall a good ECU.

Ye microtechs fail for idling n cold start, although it could be the tuner being lazy

Apexi Power fc.

Fairly common so a fair bit of info on them, good price in comparison to other ecus, a full ECU replacement not a piggy back, hand controller lets me know most things I want to keep an eye on, no issues with fc as far as I've had it.

Ye microtechs fail for idling n cold start, although it could be the tuner being lazy

Tried to tune a cold engine 2-3 minutes at a time before allowing it to cool down to ensure youve tuned it correctly?

Doubt it smile.gif

had a microtech, no one out my way could tune it to cold start properly, so its about to get sold, Next is a Link G4. Supposed to be the ducks nuts. we will see :)

VIPEC there awesome, so many things you can do with it, like if your a WANKER and want to make your car sound tough on idle and think that you have 1000HP , you use the ROTORY idle, you can change the tone of your idle and start switching off cylinders and make it sound like a big block with a massive cam lol

Tried to tune a cold engine 2-3 minutes at a time before allowing it to cool down to ensure youve tuned it correctly?

Doubt it smile.gif

my tuner did because i deleted all the stock cold start shit (can't remember the name atm haha)

I would have thought that if someone says Ive got a microtech, how much for a full tune, they should factor in wasting time with cold start if the customer wants it, it taking ur car back once a week saying it still runs like shit when cold or it's hard to start

well i got one in mine and their shit. period. i f**king hate waking up every day to go to work and waiting for 15-20 seconds after ive started the dam car before the idle attempts to go upto around 1500rpm, meanwhile everyone on my block is awake now haha woops. Would be good if there was a how to tune your ecu guide for dummies! lol

VIPEC there awesome, so many things you can do with it, like if your a WANKER and want to make your car sound tough on idle and think that you have 1000HP , you use the ROTORY idle, you can change the tone of your idle and start switching off cylinders and make it sound like a big block with a massive cam lol

Haltech platinum has this also however I played with it myself for about 20 mins I couldn't get it to work so I got over it lol

well i got one in mine and their shit. period. i f**king hate waking up every day to go to work and waiting for 15-20 seconds after ive started the dam car before the idle attempts to go upto around 1500rpm, meanwhile everyone on my block is awake now haha woops. Would be good if there was a how to tune your ecu guide for dummies! lol

Mine is honestly not that bad, Idle is fine. cold start isn't ideal. But after a few turns it will start. lol

I think its alot to due with the tuner, Dalton Automotive seem to be the ducks nuts for microtechs.

haltech ps1000

idles perfect cold starts first time everytime not a problem and peace of mind =D

besides their dash is hot gonna get it one day lol

Mine is honestly not that bad, Idle is fine. cold start isn't ideal. But after a few turns it will start. lol

I think its alot to due with the tuner, Dalton Automotive seem to be the ducks nuts for microtechs.

Yeah well it might be the tuner hey... the car was really good when i got it, i had to let the fuel pump prime then as soon as it shut up i could start it with out much of a drama, then i got it tuned and yeah.. the fun and games began..

Microtechs are sick, few of us boys run them and don't have and idle or cold start problems?

Hey guys, sorry to hijack this thread but can anyone identify what model MoTeC this is and if its worth chucking into my S15?http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=510035&st=0&p=6402964&hl=motec&fromsearch=1entry6402964

also what people need to consider is with ecus like pfc andnistune you still need a new bigger afm and a boost controller...with haltech for eg no need for either can ctonrl boost onboard and uses map sensor

Grammer Nazi...

Its NIStune. :P

Edited by DVS JEZ

Nistune is the way to go. Undetectable to most....and for those who have been through the whole EPA/emissions thing know how important that is.

All the benefits of the standard factory ecu functions, and all the benefits of an aftermarket programmable ecu. Whats not to like?

I had my NIStune installed a week ago and tuned on friday night after work, ended up with about a 20% power increase with boost raised to 15psi from 10ish. Injectors ran out of puff at about 180kw. Now saving for more stuff to go further.

I have a re mapped stock ECU but will be putting a Link in soon have seen and heard nothing but good things about them

running a PFC which had some very slight idle issues but have a new setup so swapping to haltech p1000

had a wolf 3d on my 180 had lots of trouble with it at the start went through 5 ignition modules in 6 weeks and found out about its safe mode that dumps in fuel and timing to compensate for no spark but you loose the tune when it does that.

now have motec on my s14 will see how good if i ever get the thing finished

Has anyone or does anyone know how the Haltech sprint 500 goes

I'm running a EMS Stinger 4424 my tuner found a perfect median which is running very rich, he's saying get a sprint 500 and it will run perfect, for budget purposes itz not to bad but I know the ps1000 would be the way to go