Sign in to follow this  
drift_monky

a31 cefiro?

hi... just out of general interest, wondering if may of you guys drive cefiros... i like them for some unknown reason and just had one imported... piece of shit rb20e... atleast its manual :) ... anyways if anyone has any tips or ideas on what i should do and any specs and pics of their cefiros please post...

cheers

i like them because they are rare ive only ever seen 2 i know a guy that owns one and the other was seen at heathcote a few months ago (white one with a bit of neg camber anyone here)

as for tips get rid of that oversized paper weight u call an engine and rb25 it !!!

any pics of your car?

i have seen several around

there is a white one that regulars bonnyrigg heights area

a blue one that was north shore area

2 maroon / reddy ones. I saw one at homebush bay another parked at unsw.

a blue one that use to frequent liverpool and the area with autostyle deals

a black one with white avs rims

there is also one owned by too_much_boost

there not as rare as what people think they are, but not as common as silvias. Cefiros are a little bit overpriced now which probably reflects a increase in the market and how many people want them.

if seen a black one round a few times around blacktown anyone here

looked pretty shmick

I like it cuz they are rare too ;) I have only seen one other one while out driving.

Get and rb20det (they are cheap and good motors). Parts are a bitch to get / find and are $$ but well worth it. Be prepared to put most of ur money into it though :)

They are definately fairly rare in Aus.. The only ones i have ever seen are drifting.. none on the road.. But i am in N.z at the moment.. And they are absoloutely everywhere.. Laurel's, Cefiro's, and 4 door Skylines are the average family car here.. Plus a whole heap of other imported jap cars i had never heard of.. It is great!

oversized paperweight??? hahahaha... yeh i guess... puttin in a s15 sr20det with six speed...kinda dreading the wiring but everything else should be smooth enough.. the crossmember is a direct fit right?? how the hell do you post pics?? iv got some but no idea how to post them up... also anyone interested in a rb20det automatic... importing from japan from a trusted friend.. can check out my current car if that helps... will prolly cost about 8k ont he road.. "prolly" is the key word but wont be too far off... let me know...

cheers

has anyonehere done the sr20det conversion?? if so... problems/trouble with any aspects of the conversion??... have the motor, box, loom ready but was hopin to get someinsight into the conversion before i start...

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

well.. finally figured out how to post pics. well i hope it works anyway... here's my ceffie... in all its stock glory... really hate that engine...

cheersDSCF15111.jpgDSCF15101.jpgP1010101_minimised.JPG

DSCF15121.jpg

damn... u the guy that done the write up on the conversion in cefiroz.com huh??.. cheers for dat man.. one question tho... is it the same deal with an s15 sr20det with the six speed??... also how much wiring dramas are involved?? any chance of me using the stock tacho and odometer??... sorry bout his man...

cheers :)

I did do that write-up

S15 motor shouldn't be any more difficult to fit. The 6 speed may cause you a few hassles if you chose to use it due to larger size, different gearstick placement and different tailshaft requirements

Wiring isn't too bad if you understand auto-electrics and have a wiring diagram handy

The stock tacho was miles out so I bought a pivot stepper tacho. The speedo works fine and seems to be spot on

only the 88 has a foot park brake from memory- all others have normal handbrake regardless of transmission type

Heres my ceffy its my pride and joy and yes very rare in aus im 1 of about 15-20 that own one in wa :yes:

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0009.jpg

I have a Ceffy and I absolutely love it. It's my baby. Would put a pic on if I could figure out how. I'm a newbie on here.

i saw a nice white one before on cumberland highway.

looked pretty good.

had a nice kit, nice rims, lowered

looks very drifty.

they are nice cars ;)