Sign in to follow this  
chosen1

where it all began - to now

Nice one greg, congrats. Will be good what figures it gets once the boost is wound up. Any idea how much you will be running?

Whats the plans for rubber? Sounds like your gunna need a bit :D

thanks glen... when boost is up, should be around 350rwkw... as for rubber, im picking up my rims and rubber this afternoon... 17X8 fronts and 9's on the back... not sure how well the rears will fit with the +35 offset, so may only put 235's on... tho if i can, i'll be running 255's.. i also have some camber rings and coil overs to go in the back, so that wil help a bit - something to do this weekend...

strap me to the bonnet scotty, were in for a rough ride!

anyone got a steering rack bracket by any chance??? need the drivers side one - bolts on to the xmember and holds the steering rack in place.. i have the passenger side one, but not the drivers....

>_> i had one on my busted xmember but Chris chucked it out i think, give him a call and see if he still has it or has any.

thanks glen...  when boost is up, should be around 350rwkw... as for rubber, im picking up my rims and rubber this afternoon... 17X8 fronts and 9's on the back... not sure how well the rears will fit with the +35 offset, so may only put 235's on... tho if i can, i'll be running 255's.. i also have some camber rings and coil overs to go in the back, so that wil help a bit - something to do this weekend...

This sounds like too much fun. Wrap the wheels in some nice sticky rubber and this thing will be crazy. Keep us updated with the next tune and any other changes you make. :yes:

will do... u wont see it on the road for a while tho.. engineering is set for January 3rd.. then u will see it everywhere !!! ben gets back from his holiday in mid january, so we'll continue with it then...

dusky is on the ball! what other chris would i let near my car :P

I call shotgun...

*puts rubber undies on*

:D

the backseat is where all the action is...

shotgun back!

dusky is on the ball! what other chris would i let near my car :P

chris for Intune?

Ben basically said that it was all engine power... the turbo was running way below its efficiency range, yet the car still wanted to crush the dyno with torque. The thing was squatting on the dyno like a whore in the woods... fcking nutz

I tell ya what... the engine bay is a work of art, that boy does not do things by halves.

You should have heard the spooling of the turbo, was almost louder than the zorst.

:yes: Yeah Baby :yes:

Good work Greg :thumbsup:

aint nothing spooling no more.... god dam fly wheel has come loose, so this is how my boxing day is shaping up.... pull engine out, tighten fly wheel bolts, engine back in... tho the fun part is EVERYTHING has to come out, in order for this to happen... not a happy camper, tho i guess its better the fly wheel coming loose and me finding out about it while it was idling, rather than spanking it up the road and look down and find my legs missing.

well, what a *milkshake* of a day yesterday was... everything bar the power steering reservoir had to come out - tail shaft, exhaust, dump pipe, radiator, oil cooler, intercooler etc etc.. i also didnt move the oil pan fast enough when i tilted the box and now there is 4 litres of redline all over my garage floo - love the smell !!!

no matter, got the box off and all of the bolts were that loose, not one of them was actually making contact with the fly wheel.. i gave each of them at least 2 full turns before they made contact !!!! so yeah, out came the lock tight and i marinated them in it.... now i get to put it all back together today and play the fun game i like to call "where the hell did this wire go"

when ever i do big jobs i sometimes take photos of where everything goes.. handy idea

labeled bags tends to work, although after seeing an SR so many times you kinda get used to what goes where. Better then it coming of while your driving and munching a clutch!

yeah, i've had this engie in and out so many time over the past 6 months, i could almost do it blind folded... there r just a few different wires to normal, but it should be fine... if not, i'll soon find out...

also managed to get hold of some lights for my fixed head light conversion, so should hopefully be ready for engineering next week !!!

tis a sad thing greg. Glad its all sorted now. i remember how much of a shit it was to get the flywheel bolts in, my hold screwdriver to hold flywheel still while james tightened the hell out of em.

need a hand with anything else give me a tingle. :)

need a hand with anything else give me a tingle. :)

i could sure use a good knobbin' :blush:

This is awesome - 1JZ in S13 -

I am longing to own a car with a 1JZ, they are a such a great engine - I cant beleive how much effort you have put in to doing this conversion, it looks incredibly difficult!!

Hope it works out good for you, id love to see more videos, the sound of that 1JZ is evil, its got a unique howl to it!!!

no howl kim.. more like an angry growl.. tho the piece of sh it is not doing anything at the moment... after pulling EVERYTHING out to tighten the fly wheel the other day, she's not running properly... greg and i put everything back as it was, but for the life of us, we cant figure out why it wont kick over.... it starts - just, but wont idle on its own - have to lean on the throttle to keep it going and lots of unburnt fuel out the back... and after spending about 18hrs taking it all out and putting it all back in again, the CBF factor is huge... we'll get back to it in a few days..

there will be plenty of videos when its done !!!! i'll get some more pics of it today and post them up... looks so tidy in the engine bay - lots of room and looks the part.... its by no means is it a show engine bay as that is not how greg intended it... it was built to go fast and it looks the part !!!!!!!!!!!

greg1.jpg

i love the green throttle cable !!!!

are u having problems with ur iginition leads... i have the same setup... using the small ends of the lead on the coil and they kept falling of... i ended up going to the wreckers and buying 6 2nd hand leads and pulling the big rubber ends of them and slipping them over the end of the lead with some wd40 :)

Pete