Sign in to follow this  
White±Nothing

Hicas Lock.

Hi all.

I've got a hicas lock bar but don't know what fittings to use to block off the power steering lines. What have you guys done with them? Have you just blocked them off? Looped it back so it just bi-passes? All help much appreciated.

Its an R32 btw. Same as s13 I'm pretty sure anyway.

Cheers.

Seb.

in my R32 i went all out and got a non hicas power steering pump and took out all the lines and the hicas pumps which are under the car at the rear just in front of the fuel tank on the drivers side.

costs more than just blocking it but you can use a U hose so the fluid just keeps cycling around. best to take the whole thing off as power steering fluid is just being diverted which means the steering isnt getting all the fluid it needs sometimes.

The system will get enough fluid, it is designed to carry a larger capacity because of the larger requirement, so it will make no difference in that aspect.

I'm also taking the entire system out and replacing it with a non-hicas setup.

hmmmmmmmm

its better to have more than enough power steering fluid anyway.

So what sort of U hose should I use? As I believe they are screw in fittings to the standard hicas bar, would it be possible to get a U hose with fittings to actually lock onto the standard hoses?

I just blocked mine of at the rear hicas block it leaks a little and will probably kill the power steering bump one day but eh

Different kinds of locks are there for the usage and they can give the new ideas. Around the various aspects time 4 writing is giving the guidelines that will reveal more in depth details.