Sign in to follow this  
nisskid

Australian Metal/Hardcore Scene

I realise alot of people here hate anything to do with alternative lifestyle etc. so this thread will either be owned or deserted.

just thought id ask, whos into local metal/hardcore and whats everyones fav bands? i have noticed a few people with interests for metal but would like to see who goes to the gigs or just loves Australian alternative music.

Used to be into DamageD.

Now like, Cog, Karnivool, Butterfly Effect and thats the extent of it.

yeah RB_180 got Amity Affliction from me ;)

Other good oz stuff is IKilledThePromQueen (not seen with new singer tho)

ParkWayDrive are MAAAD too :yes:

Actually, I don't know many heavy oz bands at the mo... I'm a little ol school... :yes:

Much respect for Cog since seeing them live :yes:

Actually, I don't know many heavy oz bands at the mo... I'm a little ol school... :yes:

first in first serve ill take the credit for that 1 DELI REP! :)

Wouldn't be the first time you try take credit for somethin I did :P

pffft a little old skool.......llike metallica old school....lol

Wouldn't be the first time you try take credit for somethin I did :P

you wish hulk hands, you wish.... :lol:

get a new hat ppl are starting to notice....lol

At least I liked them while they were good...

anyone who likes anything they've done in the last... 10 years? = bullet ;)

At least I liked them while they were good...

anyone who likes anything they've done in the last... 10 years? = bullet ;)

fair call ill give ya that

Parkway drive are sick, iv seen them once in Byron for their "killing with a smile" record launch tour (it was crazy) and iv seen them here in coffs aswell which wasnt as good because coffs is just over run by emos at the moment.

Jungle fever are a sick band aswell!

seen 50 lions, i killed the prom queen and miles away...they are all pretty good.

Parkway drive are sick, iv seen them once in Byron for their "killing with a smile" record launch tour (it was crazy) and iv seen them here in coffs aswell which wasnt as good because coffs is just over run by emos at the moment.

Jungle fever are a sick band aswell!

seen 50 lions, i killed the prom queen and miles away...they are all pretty good.

nice work mate, yeah im a fan of PWD... and prom queen

there are so many average bands in the australian hardcore scene, parkway drive being one of them. ive seen them about 10 times now and they still dont impress. the bandwagon is fairly cranking along now, everyone seems to want to be in their own hardcore band. which means there are a lot of shit ones around. dont get me wrong there are some awesome hardcore bands out there. my favourites would probally be away from now (broke up a few weeks back unfortunatly), 11th he reaches london, realist few and miles away are really good too.

i killed the prom queen always put on a great show, their music can sometimes be a bit generic but i think their show more than makes up for that. although i havent seen them with their new singer yet.

parkway are sick as, seen em heaps and theyre always awesome, crowd gets right into it

her nightmare are tough as

wish for wings are sick, so are through closed eyes and cry murder

miles away are awesome, heaps more punky and not so heavy but still.

then mates band abandon all hope and the jonestown syndicate are hell sick too.

anyone in SA should probly be goin to the gig at fowlers this sunday. doors at 5pm, $15 at the door

through closed eyes

wish for wings

the daylight curse

cry murder

bloodsport

abandon all hope

if your in SA and into the metalcore scene, this is a show to go to

hmm... yeh crafter was pretty crazy, i dunno if the next singer will be up to scratch. was sad to see him go, but it was better then them going hardcore like what crafter wanted.

^^was thinking about going but i think i might save my pennies for next thursday when apparently PWD are comin to town again.

seriously is there anything better than "Gimme a D" at fowlers. f**king oath that gets the adrenaline pumping.

also a few other bands worth a mention: jonestown syndicate, through closed eyes(lol woops u already said them salad) , stronghold, the list continues.

oh BTW, who went to the March PWD show at fowlers?

Another metalhead here. Ive been completely out of touch with the music scene for quite a while. I think its because as you get older you cant be arsed to go to clubs and check out new bands so you just buy the CD and then decide if they are worthy of buying a ticket to see em.

The music scene in Aus does suck though. There are never any major bands here (certainly not to perth anyway) and there are no festivals. in the UK there are major bands showing all year round and you can spend all summer going o huge festivals. www.downloadfestival.co.uk is my absolute favourite festival and is only 10minutes drive from where i lived in england, completely gutted im going to miss this years festival as Metallica and Guns N Roses are headlining.

throwdown used 2 be mad(the cronulla band)

against

carpathian

stronghold

wish for wings

daylight curse

parkway drive

would be my fav aussie bands atm i also like

american bands like bury your dead,bleeding through,first blood,terror etc

whos seeing bleeding through this time around???

hmm... yeh crafter was pretty crazy, i dunno if the next singer will be up to scratch. was sad to see him go, but it was better then them going hardcore like what crafter wanted.

What U mean? ^^

metallica, iron maiden, megadeth, static x, inflames, fear factory, ill nino to name a few

The topic is 'Ozzie' metal bands dude ;)

I saw Dungeon before the Fozzy gig and thought they were awesome.

Then it turns out they broke up not long after that, I was hoping to see them again.

seen Shihad 21 times... bit of a fan...

Cog are very impressive live too.. seen them 9 times so far...

^^was thinking about going but i think i might save my pennies for next thursday when apparently PWD are comin to town again.

seriously is there anything better than "Gimme a D" at fowlers. f**king oath that gets the adrenaline pumping.

also a few other bands worth a mention: jonestown syndicate, through closed eyes(lol woops u already said them salad) , stronghold, the list continues.

oh BTW, who went to the March PWD show at fowlers?

i was at parkway last time in march, theyre next show is on the 27th of april, so you have time to save more money and go to this show. its $15!!!!! and parkways next show is gonna be about $15 aswell.

stop bein tight and go see some sick bands! :P

against

carpathian

stronghold

wish for wings

daylight curse

parkway drive

would be my fav aussie bands atm i also like

american bands like bury your dead,bleeding through,first blood,terror etc

whos seeing bleeding through this time around???

yeah, im definitely goin this time, missed em last yr and was so angry about it. gonna be pretty good, but theyll probly play a fair bit of stuff off the newie, and im not too much of a fan of the newie. definitely doesnt compare to portrait of the goddess

anyone goin to see as i lay dying in the week before bleeding through? thats definitely gonna be off guts

and darkest hour at the end of this month, with locals jonestown supporting!!!

Ill agree with whoever said there are heaps of shit hardcore bands out there. Its true everyone wants to have their own hardcore band now. Is anyone here straight edge? i just dont get it aye, why would you give up drinking/drug/one night stands forever just to prove a point?

Yep I'm into the metal/hardcore, grindcore, metal core, applecore, "alternative lifestyle" as my girlfriend likes to call it.

Evertime I Die, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch, Hatebreed, Poison the Well, Norma Jean, Unearth, Meshuggah, Ill Nino.

Australia: Sunk Loto, Butterfly Effect, COG (from what I've heard), and I always check out the local gigs! Like: Through Closed Eyes, Jonestown Syndicate, Later that Night, Enemy Of?, ummm.......????

my list could go on forever!!!

P.S - Straight Edge is for chumps!!!!

hah straight edge is a joke. but each to his own i guess.

there are some good tours coming up. darkest hour will be one of the best bands to come to australia this year. hatebreed will also be good, so stoked they are coming to perth now

What U mean? ^^

well from what i have been told, crafter wanted to head in the Hardcore direction while the rest of the band wanted to go with the metalcore. hence the split.

parkway are sick as, seen em heaps and theyre always awesome, crowd gets right into it

her nightmare are tough as

wish for wings are sick, so are through closed eyes and cry murder

miles away are awesome, heaps more punky and not so heavy but still.

then mates band abandon all hope and the jonestown syndicate are hell sick too.

anyone in SA should probly be goin to the gig at fowlers this sunday. doors at 5pm, $15 at the door

through closed eyes

wish for wings

the daylight curse

cry murder

bloodsport

abandon all hope

if your in SA and into the metalcore scene, this is a show to go to

i reckon ill be there :yes: