S14 Silvia

S15 Silvia after 8/2000

FD3S Mazda RX-7 prior to 9/1999

R32 Skylines between 6/1991 and 6/1992

Any N/A S13 Silvia

Honda S2000

Honda NS-X

Nissan Laurel

I've missed plenty others at this stage - will put them in as people ask..

Z32???

Z32's are eligible to be imported under SEVS, we are currently working on our 2-seater test car :)

Isn't compliance more expressive for these than just buying one already in Australia? I hear that people get sucked in by the cheap uncomplied price and then have to fork out 5k-7k for compliance.

Laurels? have been told they cant be imported anymore.

Can pre 8/2000 S15's with the sr20de be imported?

Can pre 8/2000 S15's with the sr20de be imported?

SR20DET and DE between 12/1998 and 08/2000 are fine.

Camel Toe no NSXs can be imported under SEVS. A few made it into the country under the 15 year rule, now only Personal Imports / Race / Rally vehicles.

How much for a SR20DE s15, manual and no more than around 70,000kms. I was looking at www.japaneseusedcars.com and they are between 400,000-900,000.

Look i kno theres all this other stuff u gotta add to it but just if you could tell me how much the car would cost in japan and on the road in aussie.

Thanks!

Yes, contrary to popular belief, N/A S15s ARE eligible under SEVS. I got caught out on this one myself.

If you picked up an S15 Type S for 700,000FOB you'd be looking at around $17000 landed and complied, maybe cheaper. Will do some more investigating.

Laurels are out, unless you can find them as 1988 models, which I haven't seen yet.

Why is it that laurels (c33) and cefiros (a31s) arent eligible? is there a way to find out?

(stupid sevs website isnt coded properly :rant: )

' date='May 24 2006, 12:21 PM' post='2248822']

Why is it that laurels (c33) and cefiros (a31s) arent eligible? is there a way to find out?

(stupid sevs website isnt coded properly :rant: )

You will find that Laurels and Cefiros are probably both eligible under SEVS but no-one has bothered to apply for them. Why? Because to bring one in and comply it under SEVS would end up being more expensive than buying one already here.

Interesting that the convertible S15 Varietta's are on that "Not eligible" list when I know one RAWS has already finished the compliance process on them and has them registered and in the showroom for sale... ???

Where have I said that Variettas aren't eligible??

Regarding the DoTaRS website, what they did was took the applications under the old system and applied the new criteria to them. Many of the cars listed as not eligible on there have been reapplied for and are now eligible, such as the Aristo. No chance with a 22B though :(

Hey Chef - nah i was referring to the dotars list the guy posted a couple of posts above mine. ALthough I did notice your full list of eligbles isnt updated for Variettas - only silvias up to year 2000, whereas the variettas can come in right up to end of production.

Edited by Unfair

What is the actual reason that they dont allow people to import these cars, if people have the money, why not allow it...?

What is the actual reason that they dont allow people to import these cars, if people have the money, why not allow it...?

You're basically not allowed to bring in anything that's already sold here through the proper channels at dealerships - the rules are there to protect the local car industry, which makes sense. NZ chose to open the floodgates and let anything in, and the local manufacturing industry went down the toilet inside 5 years.

r the 1990 or 1991 180sx allowed ?

if so, what r the steps of importing one ? because i really want to import a 180sx but dont know anything

DORI00 - yep they're allowed. Throw me and email (see below) and we'll talk. :)

why is it you cannot import evo4 and 5 for personal use ie. not rally race only?

Miss Baby Zilla - this is where the whole SEVS thing gets a bit muddy.

The reason why Evo 6, 7, and 8 are allowed in, is because Mitsubishi thenselves used SEVS to bring these models in. That's why there was a limit of 100 per year from the factory, same as every other importer.

The Evo 9 is a full-release version - no restrictions on how many Mistubishi bring in, and no-one else can apply for them under SEVS, apart from the wagon.

i was at some importing dealers yesterday and they sed they stopped importing 180's non turbo

correct me if im wrong

Non turbo S13s are out, yes - don't meet power/weight regulations.

Plenty of other options around though.

Ash, you find me a magazine article with a stock C35 in it, and I'll get them eligible for import :) Without looking you'd, probably be in the vicinity of $20K, maybe high teens.

Any magazine is fine - just has to be in stock standard form (the car, not the magazine).

Can't see how you say S15 SR20DE is eligible when ruling 007/02 specifically says SR20DE Autech modified version is eligible only along with SR20 DET.

Varietta is NOT eligible for all years ,it is only eligible from 12/98 to 8/2000 as with the normal S15, this is a bit of a problem as the varietta was not released to the market until July 2000 which only allows 1 month of production to be elligible . Those importers who have complied these vehicles must have very early varietters or ? If the S15 was supplied to Autech for the conversion with earlier VIN numbers attached (the time the base car was produced) then there may be a few more months of production available for import using the production date of the base car not the completion date of the varietta.

The S15, both NA and turbo, were applied for back in 1999, before Nissan decided to bring it out. Unlike the S13, the S15 NA model JUST sneaks in under power/weight regs, and no problems with the turbo obviously. For all S15 coupes, the cut off date is August 2000, when Nissan decided to sell them locally.

In the case of the Varietta convertible, being a different profile obviously to the coupe, is classified as a totally different model to the normal S15s, and was therefore applied for separately. Nissan never brought them in, so they're ALL eligible.

This same rule is the reason why Celica convertibles are all eligible, even though Toyota sold the coupe version here.