Sign in to follow this  
zhong

ZHONG'S Interior Re-Trim kits - We're back!

Hey Guys,

We're back! Now we have even more customisations to offer with the retrim kits etc, custom made to order at an even better price! Some customisable elements include Double-stitching, Duo-Colours (two different coloured vinyl to make one trim), Pattern design/stitching (Trim cut to shapes of flames, lightning etc) and so much more! You come up with the idea and we'll tell you if we could do it!

We have created these kits for the people out there who care about their interiors and don't wanna spend couple thousand just to spice up the interior.. Why pay upto thousands of dollars for someone else to do your car if you could do it yourself with our kits? Our kits are pre-cut to the correct dimensions to suit your ride, with a 5cm or so bleed so you could custom it even further adding foam, cusions etc.. All kits come with a photo-by-photo installation guide, unlike other imitation "kits" that only come with 4 peices of vinyl.

These kits are made from import quality vinyls (Similar to plastic leather but more durable) are also 100% resistant to UV, Fading, Sunlight, and other weathering types.. 100% gauranteed by us! Easy to clean (damp cloth with water), Doesn't soak in smells and look fantastic! :) Here's the deal:

Each Re-trim kit consists of the following (unless otherwised marked):

STANDARD ZHONG'S RE-TRIM KIT

01. Gearboot -- Customizable Double stitch/Four double stitches/Duo-Colours for $5 -- Seperate for $25 delivered.

02. Handbrake boot --Customizable Double stitch/Duo-Colours for $5 -- Seperate for $30 delivered.

03. Glovebox trim -- Customizable Duo-Colour (A choice of 2 colours mix-n-match) for extra $10 -- Seperate for $40 delivered.

04. Centre console lid trim -- Customizable Double stitch/Duo-Colours for extra $10 -- Seperate for $35 delivered.

05. Door trim -- Customizable Double stitch/Duo-Colours for extra $15 -- Seperate for $100 delivered.

06. Rear passenger's shelf trim -- Customizable Double stitch/Duo-Colours for extra $15 -- Seperate for $25 delivered.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

07. Door latch cover trim (Optional for some models only) for extra $10 for both -- Seperate for $25 delivered.

08. Pillars trim for extra $20 each side -- Seperate for $25

09. Dash mat trim (Double stitched) for extra $50 -- Seperate for $70

10. Recommended trim glue (Enough to do the whole kit) extra $10

ZHONG'S INTERIOR COMING SOONS

A. Vinyl Front Driver/Passenger Seat cover replacement extra $TBA

B. Vinyl Rear Passenger Seats cover replacement extra $TBA

C. Vinyl Complete seat cover replacement -- $TBA

0. Photo-by-photo installation guide

Silvia/180sx: 1,2,3,4,5,6,(8,9,10)0.

S14: 1,2,3,4,5,6,(8,9,10)0.

S15: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,(8,9,10)0.

R33: 1,2,3,4,5,6,(8,9,10)0.

Price for standard re-trim kit is only $220 delivered australia wide! Re-introductory offer.. $200 delivered for the first week we're back! :)

Colour chart and some other photos of installed products.

colourmap2.jpg

PAYMENT

For quick online transactions, please forward payments to the following account with your ns.com nick for records:

Name: zhongcreative

Bank: ANZ

BSB: 013365

Acc: 537537158

Then simply send us a PM with the following details: Name, Address, Contact number, Trim: Model, Colour, Package type (list extras), Payment total. Pickup/Installation is available for extra in VIC, please don't hesitate to PM for questions/orders etc. Check thread for updates etc! :)

Peace.

interior.jpg

Looks good cant wait for the seat packages etc...

and have you got pics of the flames etc....

im really interested in the custom trims that will be different than just plain vinyl cheers

would you guys be doing perforated vinyl kits, i'm after a similar theme to the s15's leather(i think) interior for my 180sx.

thanks

Dave

can u give examples of how the double stitching looks when put on?

Glad to see you trading again zhong :D

I can vouch for his kits... good quality...

i am also interested to see how these kits look on s15

can you also provide pics of the colours in raw form, rather than the CGI that you have used?

thanks

Definitely interested in the rear passenger seat cover replacements. Does the cover go over the existing tweed material, or do I need to rip out the tweed material for the rear covers (preferable)?

thanks in advance.

Hey Zhong, i would also be keen to site a S15 door trim, Gearboot and Centre console lid trim picture.

good stuff zhong. Anyone else who is considering this, go for it! it looks great and zhong is a champ to deal with. Unlike others on here selling vinyl kits that are jus pieces of cut out vinyl and providing no help to put them in.

i'll get you some pics when mine's done... black vinyl job on s15

hopefully by next week

Cool...!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the big re-welcoming, glad as ever to be back! :P But please bare with me with questions/pms etc as we're still collecting photos etc.. But as someone mentioned, we'll take photos of the raw vinyl asap rather than using the CGI colourchart as it probably does better justice.. For the people who are waiting on photos, please wait a little while longer! :) As for the vinyl pattern kits etc etc, we haven't actually had a customer who have chosen this type, but if your keen you could be a first and a small discount might be applied! PM for more information! :)

Seat covers etc are being worked on soon, just need to pick up a spare.. Seat covers will be factory replacement just like our re-trim kits, of course with step-by-step installation guides! Unfortunately we'll start with S13CA seats first! (My car!) then probably move onto S13SR, then whoever wants to supply seat would come next i guess.. We're a bit delayed due to stitches in my hand.. Don't ask how! lol

But good news to people who are looking for re-trim kits for other models, here's what we're looking to do in the NEAR future (month or so) WRX96, EK, DC2, R33, R34.. And last but not least, thanks wisdom for being so f*&n patient with me.. :)

PM are in the process of being replied to! :)

Peace.

do u guysactually do the labour too? like boot retrims as well etc. i haven't had experience around non flat surfaces and think i'd stuff it up. can u guys do leather and/or carpet? let me know cos ur location is really close to me :P

Ill take one pair of black S14 door trims.

Please PM me to organise.

You did the side graphics for me before in Syd.

Hey guys,

Photos are still on their way, so please be patient with me as it's hard for me to take photos with one hand lol.. Anyway, we can do the labour but we prefer these kits to be done DIY as it's easy! As we don't really have the time to do everyone's kits etc as yet, of course until we recruit more people onto our team! (Soon) But for complete jobs we charge a very reasonable rate, PM for more info!

All PMs have been replied and sent.. Some photos of S13 interior, will get some S14/S15 asap.. Also if your interested in a good deal if you have an S14 and in VIC, PM us as we're looking for someone's ride to take photos etc.. Installation charge would almost be free! :)

Peace.

Image053.jpg

overview.jpg

Image052.jpg

zhong, get cracking on the seat covers man & show some pics.

how much for pickup/installation for the standard kit for 200, how much more for installation

Hey guys,

Seats are still cracking.. Ran into a few problems but are being rectified as we speak! :) Give it another 1-2 weeks and we'll have the fronts completed and available to everyone..

Pickup price is $200, we give free delivery to all interstate sales that are not in Victoria.. We like to charge flat rates for installation, but depending on the number of trims you'd like to install it may vary slightly.. $175 for installation.

Further questions/enquiries feel free to drop us a PM, as we prioritize PM before thread replies! :) Have a good night..

Peace.

really intrested in this howwever how hard is it to install. An answer from zhong and previous buyers would be great.

Hey guys,

As for our re-trim kits, they are designed to make installation a breeze, and with a step-by-step full photo installation guide, you just can't go wrong! Just need a bit of patience while doing the more curvy bits (curvy isn't harder to do, just takes longer!) And as for the Rest of the kits ie; S14,S15,R33 etc they are easier as they don't have much curvature in their trim design! Hence they come out flush!

We're still trying to source photos and so on, so please be patient with us and we'll get everything up soon! For further random questions/enquries feel free to drop us a PM! And we'll see if we could be of any help! :)

Peace.

really intrested in this howwever how hard is it to install. An answer from zhong and previous buyers would be great.

Perhaps I can help you there.

I bought my kit off another sponsor, because Zhong wasn't trading at the time. <_>

Note that this sponsor did not include instructions.

Anyways, similar product, here's my experience insofar:

"It's f**king hard.

Don't buy these things expecting to just glue a piece of vinyl ontop of the existing stuff.

Center console - Unscrew the inside of the lid (you should have course taken the whole lid off first). Now, make sure the vinyl is trimmed so you have about 2 cm excess going over the top of the edge. Now, here's the tricky bit. You are going to need to donate an hour of your time to get it right I think.

Cut little lines into the corners so they can fold around, without it bunching up. Then, screw ONE SIDE of the inside back down, tight. Make sure the vinyl is aligned properly, and is going to fit all nicely. Then, progressively screw the rest of the inside back down, but use a really small flathead screwdriver or similar to 'push' the vinyl in as far as possible so it is nice and tight. This part will be frustrating, but just take your time and don't rush it.

Once you have finished, you have one freshly vinyl-ed center console that should look good, and have a tight fit. I f**ked mine up and it still looks good (I will post pics when I've finished the whole interior). The mistake I made with mine was trimming one of the corners with not enough overlap. To compensate for this imperfection I simply cut the area off where the latch is, so people can put their grimy fingers there and not get my nice white vinyl dirty. The other problem I have is a slight 'bunching up' on one corner. But it is minimal. The center console was easy, however, compared to the GLOVE BOX!

Glove box - Again, unscrew the whole glove box and take it out of the car (there are two screws at the bottom of the glove box).

Unscrew the inside of the glovebox from the outside. Now, also, take off the two little hinges from the bottom of the glovebox, BUT NOTE THE WAY THEY GO BACK ON. This is important! Don't f**k it up like I did.

Don't rip the carpet off the glovebox. Why? Because it's hard to do, and you can just go over the top and it will look perfect anyway. Chances are, in the years to come, the vinyl may be starting to look tacky and if you do it like I do you can just take it off.

Before you start, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CUT A HOLE and then FED EXCESS VINYL down the little latch hole thingy. I didn't do this, now my latch hole is all rough round the edges.

Like before with the center console, screw down one side and then progressively screw down the rest whilst using the trusty flathead. I had to tape down the vinyl to hold it nice and tight this time.

If you do it right, it should turn out okay with minimal bunching. Mine has a bit on one corner (unavoidable when you are a smacktard like me).

On the whole, I'd recommend getting it done by a pro upholsterer. If they could do everything when you supply them with the materials, maybe it would be only a coupla hundred but it would save you the heartache. I'm going to take it to an upholsterer to get my doors done, can't be f**ked using a heat gun, it looks like a nightmare.

The way I describe is how I've done it - using no glue - and the things have been in my car for a month now and haven't loosened at all or anything. Just screw them down real tight. And the advantage is - I can take it off later with minimal fuss.

I've painted my stereo surround and the whole white thing looks very sexy. I'd recommend these kits to anyone who wants to spice up their interior."

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply i want a silvia it's great to hear from people who've done this from experience. But however, with the kits we provide, they come with an installation guide with photos so it makes it a whole lot easier for the installer, in this case you guys! Sure you could get it done by a pro upholsterer for a couple of hundred bucks, but what is in the fun of that? Be proud of what you can do with your own abilities! :)

Within the installation guide, we give EVERY possible pointer where we found difficult and made clear instructions in tackling them without much heartache etc.. Screwing them down is an original idea, however glueing them would be a better alternative, as the glove box compartment, lids etc are being fiddled with alot it could come loose if you missed a corner etc.. With glue, your bound to come up with a flush finish!

And as of ripping of the old trims, it's almost easier than cooking a pie.. The glue behind those carpets are easy to remove, simply pull it against at a 45-90 degree angle and it should rip off quite easily, which again within the installation guide! You could have the vinyl stretched over the existing carpet but it would look more bulky and may run into little things like, harder to close the compartments, etc etc..

In the end, it's really up to you who want to install it etc but our kits are designed for people with budgets, saving every single dollar to pay for other things! More questions? Feel free to ask away! :)

Peace.

Zhong, I always wanted to buy your package over the other sponsor (due to the instructions and the fact you gave more in the kit for less)...

When I get some money I will buy a gearbootm, handbrake cover, and rear passenger shelf trim off you.

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this