Sign in to follow this  
m&m

Running thread

Ghostie: I agree, it sounds easy but apparently it isn't, especially when a medal is riding on it. There's more to it than reproductive organs and many people are born with chromosomal abnormalities such as Klinefelter's syndrome and possess a bit of a mix of both. AFAIK the issue is now focusing on how 'female' she is actually is, but that's a huge can of worms and I sure wouldn't want that can opener in my hand.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/08/caster-semenya-male-or-female.html (further info)

Got a 100m sprint race at lunch time at work tomorrow LOL! Just like back at school. Haven't sprinted in a few months so hopefully I dont strain something hahaha.

Looks like I'm running the 12km this year for the city to bay. Got to sort out my entry because of admin crap with the charity I'm running for. Its on the 20th Sept, haven't started running yet...yeh I'm screwed :puke:

hahaha cool!

so we talking spikes? speed suit? :lol:

Lol shit no haha, i'm talking bitumen in our compound at work, my normal runners and possibly some pants :P

It's for sheep stations so i'm going for gold :P

Yeah that is so incredible as Johnson's 200m WR was apparently statistically the hardest to break of all WR's and Bolt smashed it only days after breaking the 100m WR! Bolt will be talked about by generations to come, no doubt. He's also a pretty cool guy too when interviewed, very down-to-Earth, even admitting that he loves a beer etc!

Why did the clock change? First it was 19.20, then later went to 19.19? :huh:

Why did the clock change? First it was 19.20, then later went to 19.19? :huh:

I think they said on the news that it was only 19.20 on the TV's clock, and was always 19.19 on the clock at the track. There might be a difference in the way the times are rounded up or down to the nearest 100th of a second? (you'd think they'd be on exactly the same system though)

Gotta assume the track clocks time was always the correct one I guess.

dont they sometimes adjust the times slightly if the wind is above a certain level? e.g. head wind down the straight so they shave off 0.01sec? or am i way off

Massive congratulations to Dani Samuels (discus) and Steve Hooker (pole vault) on becoming Aus's newest world champions! It's field rather than track but we're all heaped in the same basket and both deserve the praise

Hey guys, i would search the thread but it keeps giving me error everytime..

anywho.. i been running after school latley normally about 3ish kms, but the last 2-3 times i have been getting major stitches and having to stop running, walk a lap and then run again but once i start running it cains.. like real bad,

what am i/arnt i doing thats right.. i only drink water during the day and that... it really starting to get annoying.. Any hints? tips?