Sign in to follow this  
Chris_S15

Chris S15's training journal.

Hi my name is Chris, im 21 and like long romantic walks on the beach. Here's my routine.

Mon

Flat bench 10x10

Bent row 10x10

Wed

Squat 10x10

Military press 10x10

Fri

Deadlift 10x3

Close grip bench 5x10

BB Curl 5x10

This workout was given to me by m&m and focuses on gaining muscle mass, its an intense workout and requires alot of mental strength to complete the last set with a challenging weight, also, due to the amount of work you are doing you need to be consuming around 5000 calories a day.

Today will be the start of the third week into the program, here are the weights done in the first 2 weeks.

Week 1

Bench- 80kg 10,10,10,10,10,9,7,8,7,7

Row- 65kg 10x10

Squat- 95kg 10x10

MP- 50kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8

Dead- 70kg 10,10,10,10,8,6,4,4,4,4 Was getting lower back cramps so changed from 10x10 to 10x3.

Close grip- 65kg 5x10

BB Curl- 35kg 5x10

Week 2

Bench- 80kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8,7,7

Row- 70kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,9,8

Squat- 100kg 10x10

MP- 52.5kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8

Dead- 120kg 10x3

Close grip- 70kg 5x10

BB Curl- 37.5kg 5x10

That is some great weights you are moving there Chris. keep it up. No wonder you look so dense in that after pic you posted.

Just came back from eating after doing my bench/row 10x10 workout.

Weight:

Bench- 80kg's 10x10

Rows- 75kg's 10x10

YEHHHHHH BABEEEHHHHHH LIGHT WEIGHT!

Felt good this workout, did the rows easily and only had to push myself to about 90% on the last rep of bench.

Bodyweight: 91.6kg

Good stuff mate. Thats some calories alright.

My diet is at the bottom of this link.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...057&st=1110

Differences are I dont eat the nuts at night, im now drinking around 750g of milk at brekky, lunch and dinner and have not bought any protein powder because I find I can put on almost a kg a week if I stick to it for all 7 days and dont drink alcohol or skip meals on the weekend. Im also drinking about 2L of water on non workout days and 3.5L when training.

Great work Chris ;)

f**k I hate Wednesday's.

Squat- 110kg 10x10

MP- 52.5kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8,10

Hardest weights workout I've ever done. Im off to eat.

Chris,you have no idea how hard your next program is,I've already done it for you.Enjoy this easy one while you can.Your next one consists of only 63 reps per workout,done in 27 sets,3 excersises per workout,6 week duration ;)

Bring it on.

Just ate:

Rice

peas

corn

chicken breast

apple

sponge cake

750g milk.

At 8:30 ill eat- 95g tuna

10:30- 100g cottage cheese.

:lol::lol: You have no idea :lol:

My wife is currently doing it,she is cursing me.

I'll have to remember.....Bring it on :lol::lol:

Sounds interesting. Is this just for getting big?

f**k I hate Wednesday's.

Squat- 110kg 10x10

MP- 52.5kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8,10

Hardest weights workout I've ever done. Im off to eat.

Im with ya on that, Wednesday are the worst day of the week and is the hardest weights workout ive ever done for me too

Chris,you have no idea how hard your next program is,I've already done it for you.Enjoy this easy one while you can.Your next one consists of only 63 reps per workout,done in 27 sets,3 excersises per workout,6 week duration ;)

Could i give it a go too? i got 2 more weeks of the program im doin now which is same as Chris

Its all good, as long as im alive at the end....

The routine is strength based,but getting bigger is a side effect.I'll post it here,and you guys can copy it.It is very strenuous,you will need a good level of conditioning to complete it.The same workout is repeated 3 times a week,only 3 excersises,Squats,Powercleans and Jerks out of a rack(no clean).You start with a weight that is 25kg below your 1RM on your first set.I will use a 1RM 150kg squat as an example.

Set 1..... 125 x 5

set 2.......127.5 x 5

set 3.......130 x 5

set 4.......132.5 x 1

set 5.......135 x 1

set 6.......137.5 x 1

set 7.......140 x 1

set 8.......142.5 x 1

set 9.......145 x 1

Thats 21 reps,next workout you start with 127.5 x 5 and finish with 147.5 x 1.You do 5 reps on the first 3 sets and then 6 singles.At the end of 6 weeks you should be at least 20kg stronger in each of the 3 lifts.

When doing jerks,set the bar in a squat rack and place it accross your shoulders.This is a jerk,no pressing allowed,your feet must leave the ground and split.If you press the weight it is a missed rep.Take some time to master the techinque with light weights now before you start the program.This workout will make you very,very explosive.Squatting,jerking and cleaning 3 times a week is tough,make sure your diet is in order.

Remember,you squat,clean,jerk on Monday,Wednesday and Friday,you will hit new PB's in every workout.The high rep program your on now Chris is ideal as a primer for this,same goes for you Xtract,do some higher rep stuff now Squirrel.

Wow that routine looks tough, I know I can do it one day per week but wednesday and friday are gonna be the killers.

At the end of 6 weeks you should be at least 20kg stronger in each of the 3 lifts.

do some higher rep stuff now Squirrel.

I just got a stiffy reading this. 20kg stronger!!!!! I'm pretty excited you know lol.

Just finished my Fri workout and eating.

Dead's- 140kg 10x3 Grip fukd out on the 5th set and had to use alternate.

Close grip- 85kg 10,10,8,7,7

BB curl- 40kg 5x10

Ate.

Rice

Corn

Apple

Potato wedges

Massive steak

750g Milk

8:30- Tuna sandwich + another can of tuna to make up for what I missed today

10:30- 100g cottage cheese.

Bodyweight: 92kg after a piss, crap and 2 1/2 hrs of no water :)

New clean and press PB: 92.5kg @ 91.2kg bodyweight.

:blink::thumbsup::blink::woot:

Bench- 85kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,10,9

Row- 82.5kg 10x10

Bodyweight: 92.2kg

Spewin about not doin the last rep of bench, didnt attempt it because I knew I would get pinned. Markos should I go up to 90kg on bench next week and fail on the 7th-8th set or 87.5kg and fail on the 9th or 10th? rows will be going up to 87.5kg.

Ciao, gotta eat.

Chris,you know my answer to all the worlds problems,just add weight ;)

Squat- 115kg 10x10.

Thats ONE HUNDERED AND FIFTEEN KG for 100 reps! 6 months ago I was doing 3x6 with 100kg.

MP- 55kg 10,10,10,10,10,10,10,8,10,10

The squats today have been my best achievement in the gym, I really tried to f**k myself up and got through it. It will take 122.5kg for me to fail on around the 7-8th set. I've learnt not to drink more than a few mouth fulls of water between sets with this workout because from the 7th set onwards I was holding back from throwing it up. Afterwards I went a little dizzy and vision was slightly blurred as I walked back to to my block on base.

Bodyweight- 92.4kg

I measured my arms when they were cold and got 16.1 inch, fuken crap. My arms are too small for the rest of me, I need close to 17 inch arms for them to look in proportion to my chest back and shoulders :angry:

Only 2 more sessions of this fun squat/MP workout left, I will miss it so much.

Dinner:

Roast Beef

peas

Mash potato

rice

750g milk

Chris,you seem pretty pleased with your squats :lol::lol:

Great effort,dont forget you have 16"+ arms with no curling.Watch what happens when a 95kg guy does a specialized arm routine ;) Wont be long now Chris,straight after my torturous strength program lasting around 4 weeks.

Thats f**king awesome buddy, i love knowing there is someone else out there going through what i go through and feeling the same f**ked up things that i do especially around the 6th and 7th set. I'm the same with water, i have the smallest mouthfulls otherwise i'll be seeing it again all over the floor.

Im dogging it today, this week will go Tue, Thu, Sat. My back is fukd from deadlifts yesterday and i'd only be able to to 20kg rows so ill push all workouts back one day.

Hey mate I am about to start this routine.

Are you doing SL deadlifts or regular deads?

Steve