Sign in to follow this  
ashsimmonds

Exotics in Australia

still hot stuff man... your lucky you can turn up to these... only time i see one of these is diving pass a shop or in the distance...lol

i appreciate your threads :wub::wub::wub:

i appreciate your threads :wub::wub::wub:

Good to hear! Sometimes I think people get sick of them - I know I'm a long way from that, so I do it for the fans! All one of them... thanks mum! :)

It's nice to see something different in this forum. Love ferraris, always have always will

Is that a special 360?? The one with the big wing....

I love CS but scuderia is very very tempting as well

Is that a special 360?? The one with the big wing....

That's an NGT, about as hardcore racecar as you can get in a roadcar bodyshell - it supposedly "idles" at 80kph. Kind of like saying a V8 Supercar is just a Falcon with a fancy paintjob. :)

you cant get carrera gt's in australia can ya ?

They only made LHD, so you won't see any here for a very long time. However there was one in the Classic Adelaide just a few years ago, I'm sorry I missed it. :(

And here's a video of the Ferrari Relay.

---> http://aussieexotics.com/videos/ferrari-re...ield-park-17603

It's like a normal relay race with a baton and rivalry amongst the states, except the driver's in the team have to take a Ferrari cap for a lap around the track, stop within a specified zone, jump out of the car and run to pit lane where the next car is waiting to take off and hand them the cap.

It's also supposed to be run with a V6, a V8, and a V12 in the relay - though this year most states didn't have each type of car at the track so some concessions were made.

This vid is the ACT entry. (Australian Capital Territory)

A few more interesting shots from the resort. Next update will be the concours...

md_IMG_0551.jpg

md_IMG_0761.jpg

md_IMG_0798.jpg

md_IMG_0967.jpg

md_IMG_0972.jpg

md_IMG_1029.jpg

md_IMG_1115.jpg

md_IMG_1119.jpg

The page for the Concours d'Elegance has been published (175 photos):

---> http://aussieexotics.com/2007/11/12/ferrar...cours-delegance

It was a freezing cold, pelting rain, blustery day... So not too many decent shots as almost impossible to keep the lens dry.

Here's a preview of some of the pics...

md_IMG_0955~0.jpg

md_IMG_1019.jpg

md_IMG_0760.jpg

md_IMG_0784.jpg

md_IMG_0810.jpg

md_IMG_0824.jpg

md_IMG_0891.jpg

md_IMG_0943.jpg

md_IMG_1018.jpg

should make a thread jdm cars in australia..

against exotics!

- unaffordable to most

- dream thing

- will never ever get the chance to drive or be a passenger of 1

to all realistic and affordable rides :yes:B)

And its that attitude thats stopping you from making money. why not try and strive to buy a supercar?

Its not that expensive, $300,000+, well within reach of EVERYONE who understands money.

Quit whining and go read a book called "Richest Man in Babylon"

Then again maybe you enjoy working?

Wicked cars.

:ph34r:

couldnt agree more! if you dont have the attitude to make ur dreams come true, they wont. simple

Edited by WIDE15

I was at Rick Damelian's with my old man when he was picking up his E39 330i S. There was a newly imported Lamborghini Murcielago sitting in the show room, managed to get the salesman to start it and give it a bootful. Then he said to me if it had been near the doors he would've taken me for a run in it, bastard.

Got a vid of it on my phone, shit sound quality, awesome sounding car in real life.

Edited by Aust_RD

haha ^^^^ i got to see a 2 lambo's a ferrari and a few m5's give it a boot asa they hit the no speed limits going out of alice springs........ awesome to watch

^^ Lucky bastard. I love the new M5's, that German V10 note. Can't wait to see a new M3 V8 up close.

From a vehicle point of view collectables/status/prestige aside the only reason most people buy them is because exotics cut their tax.. your earning 400K+ a year a 300K car makes a good tax dodge. :P

haha ^^^^ i got to see a 2 lambo's a ferrari and a few m5's give it a boot asa they hit the no speed limits going out of alice springs........ awesome to watch

The pleasure was ours. :)

From a vehicle point of view collectables/status/prestige aside the only reason most people buy them is because exotics cut their tax.. your earning 400K+ a year a 300K car makes a good tax dodge. :P

Mate, there's probably a few people around who have the facilities and know-how to be able to do that AND get away with it for a while, but for the most part the amount of tax involved in purchasing one of these things is 10 times over what the manufacturer of the actual car makes in profit. Now THAT is sad.

Trust me, too many loopholes are closed now and there's too much at stake to risk getting raped by the government, nearly all cars are fully paid up nowadays, the 80's and 90's let the government learn a lot about how people could get away with things.

The pleasure was ours. :)

i have the vid somewhere too

Love the F50. Dream car to see/hear/DRIVE! would be F50 GT for sure, but there's only 3 in the world lol. Nice pics ash, you got two fans! :-) keep em coming

Being the last day that this race car can be legally driven on the street having just been campaigned in the Classic Adelaide Rally, we thought we'd take it out and get some vids and pics.

Click for the shots:

---> http://aussieexotics.com/2007/11/28/ferrar...nge-photo-shoot

A couple teasers:

md_IMG_8006.jpg

md_IMG_8002.jpg

md_IMG_8031.jpg

Videos will come later.

loving your work ash.... i dream EVERYDAY of these rides... mmmm gembella carrera gt, 430 f1 in white mmmm, its a big dream list i have :S