Sign in to follow this  
GODZILLA

Ignition @ summernats

Hey guys

quick heads up

Ill eb in Canberra with the ignition crew for Summernats. We'll be doing hotspots in Braddon on Friday night of Summernats ( cops should be leniant as usual for summerats) so amke sure you guys are out in force to outnumber the V8's

Ill also be scouting and maybe do some car features monday/tuesday after the nats

Also Project 200 will be unveiled at Summernats during the "Meguiars Great Uncover" on friday afternoon. It'll be the first JDm car to be in the elite pavillion, let alone the uncover!

Its being prepped and painted as we speak. looks off-tap! but youll ahve to wait and see

see you guys at the nats

Cool, I *might* actually make it this time and check it out!

Although I probably won't as my barina isn't worky at the moment! :(

Ill give you a lift rich, my 200 will be ready by then also so ill be cruisin... See you at nats and Braddon.

What day is this great uncover?

How much was the season pass Scott? I might actually go this time

Its on 4,5,6,7 of January

$101.40 for a standard season pass

$168.40 for a season pass with camping

Theres no fkn way id take my import camping, i might cruise through but never have it there overnight, WAAAAAAAAAAY too many drunk "purists"

the great uncover is when Meguiars and HOuse of Kolour officially unveil new cars to the public on friday night. tehy stay undercovers and no-ones allowed to see them ( obviously they are freshly built cars for the nats)

they get unveiled 7.30pm friday night with emdia there and all that stuff. Aarons Fitzpatricks Datto got unveiled last year

Mines the first JDM style car to get unveiled and to even be in the elite pavillion.

Hopefully i can get the car of the Meguiars stand late saturady to hit the dyno before going in the supercruise too.

well ill have to go at 6 then on the friday as its far too busy on the saturday to have fun...

Ill have the BRIGHT red 200.

by the way. the film crew wont be in Braddon till about 9pm and i wont be there hositng till 9.30pm as the uncover wont finsih until then.

Whatever happens I hope this coverage is better than last years, cause apart from the datsun story, all the other "summernats" footage looked like a few clips stuck together with no substance imo

why would you choose summernats as the time and place to introduce such a car?? maximum exposure??

over 140,000 people went through it last year... maximum exposure it is...

easy really

Im banned from Autoslaon because i work for autosalon. pLus autoslaon dont unveil cars.

Secondly, House of Kolour adn Meguiars are sponsors fo ignition DVD and Project200 so its a pretty obvious choice for them to put it in the SUmmernats on their stand. PLus the " Great Meguiars Uncover" would have to be one of the most prestigous things that you can put your car in at a show level.

PLus the controversy of pulling the covers of a car on the Meguiars stand in front of a shit load of media and what do they see? not a push rod powered hot rod but a full blown 500hp, widebody JDM machine.

Motoractive is trying to promotoe street cars, not jsut show cars. thats why they want my car there.

First JDM car in the elite pavillion and first JDM car to be unveiled. It'll cause some shit amongst the "V8/Hotrod builders" but its all good.

oh yeah, and i though last years summernats feature was great. Its a V8 event so we have some fun with that and report on the import/4 cylinder stuff. We gave a full report on the dyno comp in Ignition X and showed all the import stuff so dnt knwo why it lacked substance. plus we were only there for sat/sun with one camerman so bit ahrd to shoot EVERYTHING. plus taht was shot way back in teh starting days of ignition. lots changed since then. ltos been elarnt and we have better equipmetn adn better hook-ups.

so see you guys in Braddon for hotspots!

/Gets chalk pen ready for MOAR SKULLS

and plus last yr cops shut down braddon pretty much when ignition got there so there wasn't much to shoot ... did well for wat was had ...

actually, alst hotspots went to home depo and cops jsut supervised, didnt defect anyone while we were there. I know one of the cops and he sadi next time we're in canberra to let them know first. last hotspots was great. comes out this week, edition 013

during the nats its so packed the cops couldnt shut it down if they tried. drag cars and lumpy V8s go in and dont get defected so during summernats is the best time to do hotspots.

so dont anyone go soft, see yous there

its brand depot BTW...

Ive never seen the carpark as full as when we were there :P

alrighty then.. maybe this time i wont do the bolt as soon as the blue and white show up :D

there will be a number of melbourne imports making the trip tp summernats, but i highly doubt they'll be seen cruising Braddon, better places to be and better places to drive.

^^^....what place could be better to cruise in canberra on a friday/saturday night of summernats? :no:

so you going to be cruising after the unveiling godzilla?

i'm so keen! just hope i can get my car ready in time :blink:

^^^ they'll be cruising the phat streets of THURALILLY and YASS RD - phucking ghey lords.. when the nats are on Sol, where the phuck else would u cruise.. i'll even bust out the red P.O.S for the nats.

^^^....what place could be better to cruise in canberra on a friday/saturday night of summernats? :no:

i'm so keen! just hope i can get my car ready in time :blink:

just so long as it goes mate :D

would love to bring my 200 to hotspots but not allowed to take it off the Meguiars stand once its there. Im staying canberra for a couple fo days afterwards so it'll be out and aboout for a couple fo days after the nats

be sure to give you a "spirited acceleration effort" if i see you ;)

lol

good use of words...like the effort part

in return i shall try a "spririted hold car in straight line while accelerating"

i look forward to it, clearly itll look like im standing still next to that beast but itll still be fun :P

could you please modify the first post to include

official dates and times ?!?! :huh::blink: and location if there is an area to meet up prior to shooting.......