Sign in to follow this  
i_want_a_180

Tyres: Which do you have? and why

Hey all, My 180 lands in australia hopefully by the end of this month, It needs new wheels cuz the one's its coming over with are shite. Ive picked the wheels, some nice chrome starcorp trilogys and need to know which tyres are good or which aren't so good?

so im basically asking, which tyres do you guys use for everyday driving. something thats low niose but still has the handling side of things.

Cheers all

Edited by i_want_a_180

no offence but nice and chrome dont go in the same sentence

on topic i use federal ss595's, werent to expensive and well for the price are pretty good

have used bridgestone G3's in the past, were deffinately better than the federals, prob y they were $95 a tyre more though

Edited by Sil_SR20DE

if you're a drifter... go to any tyre yard and search through the dump pile for a set for decent tread... I always have brand new tread at the front but I always get the sh*itty ones for the ready and pay $10 to slap em on...

if you're a drifter... go to any tyre yard and search through the dump pile for a set for decent tread... I always have brand new tread at the front but I always get the sh*itty ones for the ready and pay $10 to slap em on...

Well your post officially didnt help him at all!

Its unlikely that he is a drifter as he is still waiting for his car to be delivered and he wants to get chrome rims!

anyway last set i got were federals....they are very cheap and do the job!

I suggest you ditch the chrome rims idea and get something that go's with the car...some jap style rims!

Its unlikely that he is a drifter as he is still waiting for his car to be delivered and he wants to get chrome rims!

LOL... true... Well he can use my advice if he ever gets into drifting... hehe... Hurst the pocket everytime you buy new tread...

I've got Bridgestone Potenza GIII's. Were bloody expensive ($650 fitted, balanced, aligned) but do a good job. Even have massive amounts of tread left on the rear after 3yrs of driving with the occassional skid :ph34r: lol

it seems like everyone is getting tryes this time of the year, so am i :D

im looking to get toyo's

Can try michelin pilot preceda 2. PP2.

LOL... true... Well he can use my advice if he ever gets into drifting... hehe... Hurst the pocket everytime you buy new tread...

hmm, as tempting as it sounds, i dont think ill be a drifter, 1st import car, so dont really know jack about 180's .

Cheers all

hmm, as tempting as it sounds, i dont think ill be a drifter, 1st import car, so dont really know jack about 180's .

Cheers all

That's how I thought when I first bought my car 3years ago! hehe... 1 year later my mate made me sit in his car one night for some street drift... I've been hooked ever since!

I've got Bridgestone Potenza GIII's. Were bloody expensive ($650 fitted, balanced, aligned) but do a good job. Even have massive amounts of tread left on the rear after 3yrs of driving with the occassional skid :ph34r: lol

is that for a whole set? $650 looks pretty good to me, where did you go?

trilogys are crap had them on my soarer, f**k i hate chrome wheels......... so heavy and look shit.

buy some toyo proxes 4's.

I'm gonna personally go for yokohama r1's think there was another set of yoko's i wanted but cant source them in australia yet..

chromes.. seriously... u watch to much amerciain crap go on look at the real japs and how there wheels are like... chromes are just retarded bling >_>"

sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for 18 x 40 x 235's and 18 x 40 x 265's? I will need to get the 265's in the next couple of months...

ive got federals on my car at the moment, because thats what the shop gave me.

I hate them, sooo much sidewall flex compared to my old kuhmo's :(

(Kuhmo Ecsta ASX KU21 205/40/17 >

is that for a whole set? $650 looks pretty good to me, where did you go?

Can't remember the exact size and profile cause I'm retarded :P but they're for 15 inch rims so prob why they're not crazy expensive. I went to a Bridgestone shop/dealer in Noosa, been there a few times to fix centrecaps, rotate tyres etc. They do some good work and nice blokes. Price would go up with rim size though I would imagine.

Good thread, seeing as though I just forked out over $1k for new tyres :lol:

I bought some Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212's in 235/40/18's. They were $275 each. I bought them mainly for track use. I haven't given them a decent go yet, as I've got an SAU track day coming up on Jan 20.

After this set is worn out, I'll be going for Bridgestone RE55S

what i was told by the tyre salesman:

toyo r1's are a very good tyre but they arnt $100 better per tyre then the toyo proxes 4, so when i get my tyres in the next few weeks im going to be looking at the toyo proxes 4

im looking to get toyo's

sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for 18 x 40 x 235's and 18 x 40 x 265's? I will need to get the 265's in the next couple of months...

I've got 235/35R18 front & 265/35R18 rear. Just got some Toyo T1Rs :D on the rear for $266 each since i got "employee" discount ;) (approx. $410rrp). It's not what you know it's who you know. ;)

They have alot of grip too considering they got rated the lowest in the Wheels magazine tyre test. f**kers don't know what they're on about.

Toyo = good

352rwkW and get traction...and 1.8 second 60' tiome at the drags. nuff said

im looking to get toyo's

I've got 235/35R18 front & 265/35R18 rear. Just got some Toyo T1Rs :D on the rear for $266 each since i got "employee" discount ;) (approx. $410rrp). It's not what you know it's who you know. ;)

They have alot of grip too considering they got rated the lowest in the Wheels magazine tyre test. f**kers don't know what they're on about.

So KARL seeing as i kinda know you, you should be able to hook me up with a pair of T1Rs then hey? :yes:

Toyo = good

352rwkW and get traction...and 1.8 second 60' tiome at the drags. nuff said

what type of TOYO's do you run mate?

I just bought a pair of dunlop sp sport 9000

i got g111 at the bac and bf goodrich on the fronts

would actually like to know how the goodrich gforce tyres compare to the toyo proxes 4, they are similarly priced, i think the gforce were abit more like $20 a tyre more.