Sign in to follow this  
Nizmoose

S15 side mount into s13 CA?

Okay so after search after search after search I cannot find out whether an s15 smic will fit my ca, I want to put one in as a way to keep the car side mount but increase the cooler size as the car is going in for a tune soon. It's not big power I'm after so any suggestions would be great. I'm looking at 10psi and approx. 150rwkW which isn't crazy. Will an s15 side mount work? Also please don't just suggest front mounts and then have an argument with the entirety of hardtuned about fm vs sm it's all I've bloody read for days :)

It definately should be able to fit. There may be some modifications required to fit the piping.

should definitely fit.

Having done it previously, i can advise the following:

you will need: intercooler pipes from an s13 sr20 (ONLY the two pipes that connect directly to the cooler by a flange.

These ones to be exact:

2eyc67n.jpg

You will obviously need to purchase the S15 cooler core. Put the s13 sr20 pipes on the s15 cooler core. This is because the stock s15 cooler core pipes are angled really weird. Remember to use gasket/gasket goo and you are set. it should bolt up to the stock location of your in bay pipes.These s15 coolers will support up to 180kw-190kw no worries. i had mine on 0.8 bar on my mild modded s13 sr20 and it loved it.

Edited by miller.k
  • Upvote 1

I wish thos Greddy sidemounts could still be purchased. the next time one pops up im going to grab it.

I have an ARC sidemount but its seen better days.

should definitely fit.

Having done it previously, i can advise the following:

you will need: intercooler pipes from an s13 sr20 (ONLY the two pipes that connect directly to the cooler by a flange.

These ones to be exact:

2eyc67n.jpg

You will obviously need to purchase the S15 cooler core. Put the s13 sr20 pipes on the s15 cooler core. This is because the stock s15 cooler core pipes are angled really weird. Remember to use gasket/gasket goo and you are set. it should bolt up to the stock location of your in bay pipes.These s15 coolers will support up to 180kw-190kw no worries. i had mine on 0.8 bar on my mild modded s13 sr20 and it loved it.

Legend thanks for this :)

Any one on here put 34 side mount on 32? Want to know whats involved there.....