Sign in to follow this  

Smoking in your car  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Do you or dont you

• You are a smoker and smoke in your car
    • You are not smoker
    • You are a smoker but do not smoke in your car

For those who do smoke in their car why?

It ruins your car and I think decreases in value. I can say that cos I bought a smokers car silly I know but I got rid of the smell in a few weeks and it was as good as new!!

However when I came to sell it the buyers noticed the smokers smell still and tried to bring the price down...

P.S I don't smoke!!

Cheers

It ruins your car and I think decreases in value. I can say that cos I bought a smokers car silly I know but I got rid of the smell in a few weeks and it was as good as new!!

However when I came to sell it the buyers noticed the smokers smell still and tried to bring the price down...

P.S I don't smoke!!

Cheers

your worried about decreasing value because of smoke damage? steam clean that shit and your as good as new, but either way most of us drive 15 year old cars with 15 years of thrashing and half the car has been replaced with new or second hand parts. my point is that we all know the resale value of our cars is very poor whether we smoke or not so who cares?

• Upvote 1

^^^thats wrong, its not a matter of it just smelling in the interior. the rear windscreen gets caked in it. the visors and roof turn brown from it, and the smell gets caught in ur vents. remove that.

im trying to quit now

havent had a smoke in 2 days and im about to kill myself i neva knew it would be this hard

im so tempted to jump into my car and drive to the petrol station and buy smokes

^^^thats wrong, its not a matter of it just smelling in the interior. the rear windscreen gets caked in it. the visors and roof turn brown from it, and the smell gets caught in ur vents. remove that.

smoke with the windows down and there is no problem

• Upvote 1

smoke with the windows down and there is no problem

That's a total crock. You just don't notice it because you are a smoker.

I guarantee if I got into your car there would be a stench of cigarettes. I know this because I have bought cars owned by smokers who 'only lit up with the window down'.

And the smell doesn't come out often, I tried chemical cleaning and steam cleaning in my old car and it helped somewhat but the smell also lingers in the plastics and vinyl etc. Gross.

still not caring

ive stopped smoking in my car but not because of the smell im more worried about burning a hole in my bride seats

im trying to quit now

havent had a smoke in 2 days and im about to kill myself i neva knew it would be this hard

im so tempted to jump into my car and drive to the petrol station and buy smokes

first 2 weeks is the hardest. the cravings will actually give u headaches. but just push through the first couple weeks. then u tend to cruise through it.

P.S I don't smoke!!

Cheers

Are you Jewish, coz that is such a Jew thing to say

dont smoke in my car, and wont let anyone smoke in my car... dont even like being in the car with people smoking to be honest

smokers grow 'immune' to the smell

once of my mates smokes heavily in his car, he says he can't smell it at all but his car stinks like shit, makes me feel sick.

my car smells perfect :)

most of my mates are from athletics so none of them smoke, and the non-athletes that do, don't get to smoke in my car.

Actually the previous owner had a 'no smoking' sticker on the interior lights thingy, which is cool :)

no matter what smokers say, a non-smoker can always smell an in-car smokers car. It gets into the materials and is extremely hard to remove.

My car smells like my car, I never smelt anything like it. It's becoming an emotional attachment!

I hate the smell of ciggies but friend's are welcome to blow their smoke out the window and not soil my beautiful car. As for other substances... I gave up kinda recently to nail a new job which I haven't got yet so I am SKETCHY as hell but surviving haha.

I've just given up smoking thank God for that! :) smoking in cars is a major fail

• Upvote 1

i smoke in my car dallie, yet I've never had one of my friends even mention my car smells of smoke.